PDA

View Full Version : Front audio panel to motherboard wire?

peteyt
04-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Hi. I got a custom built PC a while ago from a Cyber Cafe, one I'll never go back to again I must add. Anyways, the front panel they fited in after problems was loose and so they glued it, eventually it did come back out and i never bothered to glue it.

Quite a while back now the audio cable connecting the front panel to the motherboard got partly snapped - one of the wires came loose meaning that when playing music you can't hear it properly via headphones - luckily my speakers have a headphone jack.

I'm wanting a new wire to fix this problem, I visted Maplin a while back but they had none and said they usually came with the motherboard but to try the net - the net has how to connect them but i haven't seen any wires for sale.

Anyone know where I could purchase one from.

Thanks.

Recursion
04-08-2010, 05:05 PM
I've never seen them for sale before, usually they are soldered to the front panel audio jacks, so: Maplin were 1. Very overpriced and 2. Wrong that they normally came with the motherboard... surprise surprise, it's Maplin.

Anyways, All I can think of is buying some heatshrink, a roll of audio cable for cheaps from somewhere like Screwfix or something and fixing the original with a soldering iron.

Apolva
04-08-2010, 05:52 PM
You could buy something like this (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PC-Computer-Case-Power-Switch-Cable-Connector-NEW-/270593537894?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item3f00a1b766), cut off the LEDs and solder the wires to the connectors or circuit board of the audio jack.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!