PDA

View Full Version : Which Ipods have the search function?

peteyt
04-08-2010, 05:10 PM
I've just came back from a two week holiday and had my ipod so I could listen to all my music while by the beach, pool etc.

My Ipod is a 60gb 5th Generation Classic. One of the main problems I have is I've got a very large music collection, with most of the 60gb full - I'd like to get the newest one soon, due to more space, but for now this one will do.

I read on wikipedia the 5th generations got added the feature via an update but my ipod is up to date and the search feature is no where to be seen. Knowing wikipedia this information could be wrong of course.

Anyone know when the feature came?

Thanks.

Thread moved by Cosmic (Forum Super Moderator) from 'Technology Discussion'.

hamheyelliot
04-08-2010, 05:15 PM
http://www.info.apple.com/images/kbase/304338/304338_1.jpg

That's from the Apple FAQ so you might have just missed it? It's right at the bottom according to this.

peteyt
04-08-2010, 05:18 PM
Nope sadly not there lol :(

Apolva
04-08-2010, 05:38 PM
My 30gb 5th gen doesn't have it either, but if you scroll quickly through your artists/albums quickly it'll show the letter you're at (not really searching but helps find things).

peteyt
06-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Apparently when they released the new 5th ones - after the first 5th ones, the original 5th ones didn't get an update with it - seems quite stupid really.

Apolva
06-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Apparently when they released the new 5th ones - after the first 5th ones, the original 5th ones didn't get an update with it - seems quite stupid really.

My brother has a 5.5th gen. "Classic" iPod Video, he HATES the new OS on it, and really likes the older one, apparently the newer one can get VERY laggy.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!