PDA

View Full Version : Rep from competitions

Nemo
05-08-2010, 09:56 PM
I think that the length of time between winning a competition and getting the rep from it (okay rep doesnt mean that much, but still, its something you won and you should get it) is ridiculously long.

Since brandon is pretty quick at doing the VIP stuff, why not just have the competitions manager just request it in that thread or have a similar thread in a different forum? I can't imagine it being a lot of people everyday and would get sorted A LOT quicker than it is now.

Alex3213
05-08-2010, 10:01 PM
I must be honest, I don't know why it takes so long sometimes (ok both myself and Mike clogged out the requests and gave a lot but normally it is rather fast). This month it'll probably be a lot faster (I hope anyway) and all I can do is apologise.

The rep and VIP requests are done via PM, this is to keep it tidy and also it makes it more professional anyway. You have now waited a week and I know that I've been PMing the Features Manager a lot about VIP requests because there has been a few difficulties this month but I'm not going into that, but I see your point as a very valid one. For now, all you'll have to do is wait, but I know you're being general about it.

Nemo
05-08-2010, 10:02 PM
I persoanlly dont mind waiting since im in no rush, but instead of a flood of PMs which can easily be lost and confused about, posts would be a lot easier imo.

Alex3213
05-08-2010, 10:03 PM
I actually don't think PMs get "lost", even if the Features Manager just moves it into a different folder (I do this if I think it's something really key) but it's just because they're so busy, I do wish sometimes it could be slightly faster though.

P.S. You've made about 4 posts which I've wanted to rep you for today but I still have to spread. :P

Nemo
05-08-2010, 10:05 PM
I actually don't think PMs get "lost", even if the Features Manager just moves it into a different folder (I do this if I think it's something really key) but it's just because they're so busy, I do wish sometimes it could be slightly faster though.

P.S. You've made about 4 posts which I've wanted to rep you for today but I still have to spread. :P
Hmmmmm alright. Well i still think it'd be easier to see and less time than opening and closing each and then moving each PM like you have to now. Just a simple post like brandon does now

"Nemo - Rep added
Thisguy - VIP added"

etc.

and haha, unlucky :p i'll live i guess.

Alex3213
05-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Hmmmmm alright. Well i still think it'd be easier to see and less time than opening and closing each and then moving each PM like you have to now. Just a simple post like brandon does now

"Nemo - Rep added
Thisguy - VIP added"

etc.

and haha, unlucky :p i'll live i guess.

Perhaps what could be added is a thread to request VIP/Rep in the Managers forum, then all departments would be able to use this. Also both Features Managers could be on the job, might make things more consistent so I agree with you in that sense. :)

Nemo
05-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Perhaps what could be added is a thread to request VIP/Rep in the Managers forum, then all departments would be able to use this. Also both Features Managers could be on the job, might make things more consistent so I agree with you in that sense. :)

I think that the length of time between winning a competition and getting the rep from it (okay rep doesnt mean that much, but still, its something you won and you should get it) is ridiculously long.

Since brandon is pretty quick at doing the VIP stuff, why not just have the competitions manager just request it in that thread or have a similar thread in a different forum? I can't imagine it being a lot of people everyday and would get sorted A LOT quicker than it is now.

That's what im sayin! :P Could be something to do.

Alex3213
05-08-2010, 10:10 PM
That's what im sayin! :P Could be something to do.

Hehe sorry didn't realise. :P

I think there's no flaws with it so it shouldn't be a problem, obviously it's not my choice to make so we'll see what Upper Management say about it.

Sharon
06-08-2010, 12:49 AM
I like this idea. Could be good for you guys and not fill up PM storage.

Inseriousity.
06-08-2010, 09:48 AM
Yeah I've just been in the habit of PMing yoshi and, given the circumstances, it'd probably be quicker to PM brandon. A thread in the management forum would probably work just as well but I've never had any problems with the PM system. Despite that, it's not just yoshi's fault as well because Alex and me can take a while to sort it all out so we'll look to improve on that too. :)

Kyle
06-08-2010, 09:51 AM
took me over a month to get my rep from hxwc :l

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!