PDA

View Full Version : halp

Sly
05-08-2010, 10:07 PM
People keep pmin' me on runescape tellin' me i've been invited to their merchent clan and it's confusing me, why mee, what's so special about me? is it a scamm?

MJJ
05-08-2010, 10:59 PM
They message a lot of people, I've gotten quite a few of them. Their just advertising it to everybody - there's nothing special about you.
And yeah, it's a scam. The only people who get rich from merchant clans are the leaders.

Sly
06-08-2010, 12:24 AM
oh well case solved then aha.

how do they work ?

MJJ
06-08-2010, 08:27 AM
oh well case solved then aha.

how do they work ?

They get all of their members to put in offers in the GE for a certain item - for example, at the moment a F2P clan is buying out black hatchets. As everyone in the clan is putting up offers for black hatchets, this is going to cause the item to rise. At the moment their like 20k. The clan has a certain target. In this example, I think the F2P clan are aiming to get black hatchets to 25k. Once the target is reached, the idea is that everyone in the clan sells their item and makes a profit.
In reality, the leaders will sell their items just before the target is achieved, so that they end up making cash and the rest of the members are stuck with the items. For example, although the target price is 25k, the leaders might choose to actually sell their black hatchets around 20-23k or whatever. You can see from this graph that black hatchets are rising. I expect they'll be dumped soon (the clan will start to sell them, causing the price to go back down):

http://services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_rs/Black_hatchet/viewitem.ws?obj=1361

If you really want to merch, then solo merching is best. A lot of people like to flip an item, where they will buy it for a lower price and sell it for a higher price.

Matthew
06-08-2010, 08:37 AM
But surely in one of these merchant clans you could just sell before the target aswell?

MJJ
06-08-2010, 08:39 AM
But surely in one of these merchant clans you could just sell before the target aswell?

I'm sure you could but you never know when the leaders are planning when to sell. And usually you buy a lot of the item, so if the leaders have already sold by then you make a huge loss.
It's best not to get involved with these clans and just solo merch. The really annoying thing about these clans is when they decide to merch an item that everyone uses. Like last time some clan merched prayer potions, and I couldn't buy any on the GE. >_<

Sly
06-08-2010, 08:39 AM
Ahh, i see, the ones contactin' me said mind talis and white mystic boots, i tried buyin some white mystic boots but only 1 baught over night so i canceled the offer for the other 99 and just decided to keep 1 pair to see how that goes ooh could make 5k!

marine
06-08-2010, 09:20 AM
I solo merched a bit, it's so much better, just watch the price of a certain item if you see a rise buy as many as possible for just over market price then when they do rise sell them for just under market price.

MJJ
06-08-2010, 10:17 AM
Yeah, merching can be brilliant cash if you know what youre doing. Theres a good mini-guide here about how to start Flipping:

http://forums.zybez.net/topic/1414626-example-of-flipping-solo-merch/

Sly
06-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Ooh I don't have 18m to play with though I don't want to mess about merchin' and only making 10k a day haha

Ferrariman
07-08-2010, 05:02 PM
ask them their wc lvl.

Edited by scott (Forum Moderator): Please do not pointlessly post.

Sly
07-08-2010, 05:59 PM
should of baught more of those white mystic boots cos the 1 pair i did buy i just sold it for 10k profit if i'd of baught 100 pairs that day would of made 1m :(

Matthew
09-08-2010, 08:34 AM
Yeh I guess solo is better

I bought a d hatchet, looked on he the next day and saw it was rising, so I bought another and sold for 300k profit the next day ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!