PDA

View Full Version : Transformers - War for Cybertron video review.

Niall!
06-08-2010, 11:24 PM
My first video review, watch it in HD please.

Comments and criticisms would be great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea8aX-kHt2I

Fez
06-08-2010, 11:43 PM
- Transitions between sections of the review ('Presentation', 'Multiplayer', 'Final Score' etc.)
- Relevancy to on-screen game footage. Alike when you said "GIANT AXE."
- Better written: no offence but I didn't learn a thing or get your real opinion on why the game is your favourite third-person shooter. I think you need to sort it out. You mention "no cover system" well how about make it into "Transformers is superior to Gears because it doesn't really on you cowering behind walls, it puts you right into the action.", I'm a games reviewer/write in general so I'd gladly help out.
- Multiplayer: don't just skip a component or say 'go elsewhere' not very professional. Don't know if you want professional. Perhaps say 'Multiplayer thoughts at a later date' or link to a multiplayer review (ask the writer if you can use it in the review)
- Funny: I chuckled at "MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE.", just unleash the puns and be more cheery
- Game footage: Never start a review with footage I can see elsewhere, source it all from in-game. Make it open with an epic cutscene, gameplay, gameplay, cut-scene just before review transition

Summary: more structure, written better, game footage and perhaps better audio quality.

Hope I helped.

Niall!
06-08-2010, 11:53 PM
- Transitions between sections of the review ('Presentation', 'Multiplayer', 'Final Score' etc.)
- Relevancy to on-screen game footage. Alike when you said "GIANT AXE."
- Better written: no offence but I didn't learn a thing or get your real opinion on why the game is your favourite third-person shooter. I think you need to sort it out. You mention "no cover system" well how about make it into "Transformers is superior to Gears because it doesn't really on you cowering behind walls, it puts you right into the action.", I'm a games reviewer/write in general so I'd gladly help out.
- Multiplayer: don't just skip a component or say 'go elsewhere' not very professional. Don't know if you want professional. Perhaps say 'Multiplayer thoughts at a later date' or link to a multiplayer review (ask the writer if you can use it in the review)
- Funny: I chuckled at "MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE.", just unleash the puns and be more cheery
- Game footage: Never start a review with footage I can see elsewhere, source it all from in-game. Make it open with an epic cutscene, gameplay, gameplay, cut-scene just before review transition

Summary: more structure, written better, game footage and perhaps better audio quality.

Hope I helped.

Well, I never expected it to be THIS bad..

1. Transitions are coming in the next review (Singularity if you're wondering). This was merely to get a feel for what my audience wants.
2. I agree about the Axe point, another friend mentioned it beforehand.
3. I mentioned right after that having no cover system made the game much more fun. And I mentioned getting up in the enemies face.
4. I didn't review it because I didn't want to. I literally CAN'T. You get it now?
5. I did a roll out pun :(
6. That is a cutscene at the start. :S

Thanks for the help though, I'll keep it in mind for singularity.

Also, I have a Fez now. Fezs are cool.

(Really I do have. Two of them infact.)

Also, audio quality is out of the question unless you want to buy me a new mic? lol.

Fez
07-08-2010, 12:08 AM
Well, I never expected it to be THIS bad..

1. Transitions are coming in the next review (Singularity if you're wondering). This was merely to get a feel for what my audience wants.
2. I agree about the Axe point, another friend mentioned it beforehand.
3. I mentioned right after that having no cover system made the game much more fun. And I mentioned getting up in the enemies face.
4. I didn't review it because I didn't want to. I literally CAN'T. You get it now?
5. I did a roll out pun :(
6. That is a cutscene at the start. :S

Thanks for the help though, I'll keep it in mind for singularity.

Also, I have a Fez now. Fezs are cool.

1. GOOD.
2. GOOD.
3. You made the comparison to Gears beforehand, would make point stronger to relate it back.
4. Well put it up as "Singleplayer review."
5. TRANSFORMERS. ROBOTS IN DISGUISE.
6. I'm pretty sure that was released as game footage.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Curse you for having two fezes, good on you for doing Singularity

Don't need to buy a new mic, it's just when you went "axe" the quality dipped a little.

Stephen!
07-08-2010, 01:03 AM
Sounds too much like you're reading from a page. Great review but the words don't flow as much as normal speech.

Niall!
07-08-2010, 01:28 AM
I was reading from a page lol. I wrote the script and then recorded it.

Also, anyone got any games they would be interested in seeing after Singularity? At the moment Starcraft 2 is the top favourite, but that'll be a new challenge for me. Don't really do RTS.

Nemo
07-08-2010, 11:15 AM
Sounds too much like you're reading from a page. Great review but the words don't flow as much as normal speech. i agree

I was reading from a page lol. I wrote the script and then recorded it.

Also, anyone got any games they would be interested in seeing after Singularity? At the moment Starcraft 2 is the top favourite, but that'll be a new challenge for me. Don't really do RTS.
Lol oh nail.

If u can get into the beta, try n review BLC ;>

Niall!
07-08-2010, 11:39 AM
i agree

Lol oh nail.

If u can get into the beta, try n review BLC ;>

No thanks lol, I'm sticking to my own territory for my first few reviews then I'm going to start on other genres.

Nemo
07-08-2010, 12:00 PM
No thanks lol, I'm sticking to my own territory for my first few reviews then I'm going to start on other genres.
wat genre r u then

Niall!
07-08-2010, 01:58 PM
wat genre r u then

Well mostly shooters and some racing games (like split second)
The main reason I'm not doing RTS etc is because I don't know any of the lingo. Once I read up on it abit, I will definitely do some.

Nemo
07-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Well mostly shooters and some racing games (like split second)
The main reason I'm not doing RTS etc is because I don't know any of the lingo. Once I read up on it abit, I will definitely do some.
BLC aint RTS and it has an aiming system similar to FPS (well, u have to point where u wanna hit so kind of). Do it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!