PDA

View Full Version : DJ's not wanting to DJ

scottish
07-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Yeh i've been wondering this for a while

It seems some DJ's don't want to DJ

for example, according to wiizzz atm the radio is down, at 2PM on a saturday..... thats ******* ridiculous

Also on msn, a specific few people i've seen spam for example

'IF NOONES GOING TO DJ AT __ THE RADIOS GOING OFFLINE'

So if people aren't willing to DJ yet they can spend their time online, why the hell are they still staff :S

Different if people aren't online, then that highlights an issue with not having enough staff

But i remember a few months ago people used to say it was impossible to book a time because so many DJ's wanted to go on, yet now no-one wants to go on? :S lol

Something needs to be done tbh

---------- Post added 07-08-2010 at 02:14 PM ----------

ok, now according to wiizzz, gangsteragent is streaming

but streaming on a saturday in the middle of the day imho is completely unacceptable :S

somit needs 2 b dun init

gangstaagent1
07-08-2010, 01:19 PM
yeah, I was streaming because I have a life. I needed to BRB because I have to work at 10 my time... It was a choice between putting the radio offline or streaming till I find someone... I don't see a problem when no-one booked! Plus I started streaming at 7 minutes into the slot. I only streamed for 8 minutes. Now Sacha is on air..

I agree with the DJs not booking. I got a text this morning at 8.30 asking if I could book a slot. The timetable is empty untill 4PM UK time. I have booked 2 slots in the later day because they won't get booked...

Also I don't see a problem with me streaming ONE alot if I did. Last month I had 92 slots... I think I do my share..

scottish
07-08-2010, 01:23 PM
i'm not saying you're in the wrong here, i'm saying the fact that no-one wanted to DJ at 2PM on a saturday is completely unacceptable and the fact you had to resort to either putting the radio offline or streaming at this time.

gangstaagent1
07-08-2010, 01:27 PM
I know. I have gotten people to DJ. It is quite stupid though honestly. I was spamming the senior account for 20 minutes. Not one person replied. Then Sacha came on and was like, need a cover? But I do see where you're coming from. Lately i have been having to do alot of peak slots because no-one books :S. I will bring this issue up to Jess and Gemma. Thanks Scott.

scottish
07-08-2010, 01:30 PM
imho if you're spamming msn like that an no-one offers you should make some form of report showing all the djs online at the time, to show whos online majority of the time and refusing to DJ

or even asking each member why they aren't willing to go online

Different at times like 3am-8am

But other than that the radio should be online all day

Even during them times it should be on from intl DJ's

gangstaagent1
07-08-2010, 01:32 PM
We are on a lack of international DJs. We have about 11 if I'm not mistaken international DJs. These Djs are mostly all in the same timezone xD We only have one Australian left. All the rest are EST (-5) if i'm not mistaken. We keep the radio online until about 6-7am. After that it is quite late so we have to wait for the UK DJs to come on.

scottish
07-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Try and get more now that the hotels have merged it shouldn't be hard to get DJs with varied timezones

Dinosaurawrr
07-08-2010, 02:31 PM
This is a big problem scott and I try my hardest to keep the radio online and it is really hard, especially if I have to dj a certain amount of hours and you run out of things to say etc

Abciscool
07-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Im more than happy to DJ when im online, Recently ive been on holiday

but next week il be Doing ALOT more shows

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!