PDA

View Full Version : HabboxLive issues and concerns.

Robbie
07-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Can't reply to http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=660220 so I'm making another thread.

I made a point of listening to HxL during the day the past week or so and I have to say I thought better of HxL.

1) 90% of the time it was either Sacha, Keri or Solar DJing for hours in a row. They'd actually say on air "I'm looking for somebody to cover but nobody will". It just seems like some of the DJs are lazy and don't want to DJ. This means they are streaming, which makes people tune out. Because they're streaming, the other DJ's don't feel the need to go on.

2) International DJs being on air at UK peak times. This is an issue because thats not what they were hired for. They were hired to make sure the radio is never offline and that it carries on streaming throughout international times. Maybe let them have 1 slot a week that is UK peak, and then if they don't book any international slots - get rid. HIRE MORE INTERNATIONAL DJ'S!

3) That stupid HabboxLive staff version of "Telephone". It's absolutely awful and every time it came on the listeners would drop by at least 7-10. Sorry but nobody there can sing and it hurts my ears and has made me tune out a few times.

4) Quality of DJ's. I don't want to name any names but a few of the DJ's I have heard are absolutely awful. Their microphones are awful, they speak over songs, speak too quietly, spend forever picking songs while going "um ah erm ah what shall I play oh I just got a message on MSN ah um nah don't like that song hmm ah" - this has made me tune out on a few occasions and I definitely notice listeners go down with certain DJs.

5) Variety. A few of the DJ's for example Keri play a brilliant mix of music variety - but play the same songs every show. This is better than most DJ'S, however, that just play top 40 songs and it's the same songs every show. A DJ will play the same songs in their slot that were only played 30 mins earlier in the previous DJ's slot - it's awful!

6) Timetable. As said before - DJ's are not booking slots leading to the same DJ's streaming. See above points.

I'm sure there's more but I can't think atm. I'm not bashing the whole department, the vast majority work hard but a few are very very lazy and are lettting the department down. The HxL management are not being strict or harsh enough in dealing with the lazy DJ's. I personally think it's because they're in their own "groups" and others will be upset if their friends are fired. At the moment, HxL is reminding me of Labour under Gordon Brown. Tired, out of ideas, and in need of a change and maybe a fresh leader....

Sorry if I come across as harsh.

Minstrels
07-08-2010, 01:59 PM
HxL is still going? I thought Habbo radios died four years ago.

Robbie
07-08-2010, 02:02 PM
HxL is still going? I thought Habbo radios died four years ago.

Lol, I don't normally listen but people complained and I thought I'd see for myself.

Calvin
07-08-2010, 02:07 PM
I agree with all those points Robbie but all the DJs just reply with the same things each time such as "we can't play variety because it loses listeners" and such each time a feedback thread about HabboxLive is made and start getting all offensive.

wiktoria
07-08-2010, 02:11 PM
I agree with all the points, and I get really bored listening to the same voice all the time. I don't think HxL doesn't have enough dj's I just think DJs can't be bothered.
What is the point of being a dj if you can't be bothered to do your job?

There's some djs who get distracted A LOT, for example I was tuned in and the dj was talking about one thing then the next minute she was talking about her msn and then she was talking about something else and it was really confusing because I didn't know what she was talking about and in the end I just tuned out

Dinosaurawrr
07-08-2010, 02:15 PM
I very rareley stream,
yesterday iIstreamed because i wasnt even at home.
No-one would dj so i had to leave my laptop running and go out and control it using teamviewer fron my phone.

as for internationals this is true apart from hazy and matt who work extreemly hard its unreal.

I hate playing it but if its requested i have to I try to play everything thats requested and put in some variety the best i possibly can.

i have given ideas to matt to help but im not sure if any will be put in place.

,Jess,
07-08-2010, 02:15 PM
With the radio being down DJs streaming etc well this is something that just started being a problem since the radio was only down for 6 hours the whole of last month. I think that it will sort itself as quickly as it's come about. We are trying to get more aest DJs but they have always been the hardest to get but that is one of the main things we are working on.

The thing about stopping international DJ at UK times has always been something that I have avoiding doing because UK DJs sometimes DJ in inter times and like if you stop one then you have to stop the other and that could cause even more problems with finding DJs. If we get the international DJs and UK DJs to good amounts where we can comfortably fill the timetable then we could trial it and see how it goes.

DJ quality has been improving lately and it will continue to, they do get a decent amount of feedback about their shows but a few people have said they think show quality has increased, not perfect but it is better than when that last hxl thread was made.

There are a lot of DJs away atm and there are some that do DJ a lot more than others, we have minimum slot requirements that should be fulfilled by every DJ. I was going to up it for the summer but couldnt because it would have caused problems where literally it was impossible for the DJs to do. Might be possible now with less staff, will see what Gemma thinks

sammy
07-08-2010, 02:17 PM
I agree with all the points, and I get really bored listening to the same voice all the time. I don't think HxL doesn't have enough dj's I just think DJs can't be bothered.
What is the point of being a dj if you can't be bothered to do your job?

There's some djs who get distracted, for example I was tuned in and the dj was talking about one thing then the next minute she was talking about her msn and then she was talking about something else and it was really confusing because I didn't know what she was talking about and in the end I just tuned out

We need you back Wiktoria :'(

On a serious note I do agree. Some DJs don't pull their weight and obviously that's a problem but I think Jess & Gemma are after more staff (especially Intls) so the problem should improve.

I certainly don't think we need a "fresh leader". Jess does so an awful lot and I think she is perfectly fine and capable to continue running the radio!

Robbie
07-08-2010, 02:17 PM
I very rareley stream,
yesterday iIstreamed because i wasnt even at home.
No-one would dj so i had to leave my laptop running and go out and control it using teamviewer fron my phone.

as for internationals this is true apart from hazy and matt who work extreemly hard its unreal.

I hate playing it but if its requested i have to I try to play everything thats requested and put in some variety the best i possibly can.

i have given ideas to matt to help but im not sure if any will be put in place.

Yeah, I wasn't having a dig at you. You're one of the ones who was actually on air and actually DJing and not streaming a lot. I was saying it's unfair on you because I've seen you have to DJ for hours before now because of the laziness of others.

EDIT: @Above - Threads like this are made time and time again and nothing ever changes, thats what I meant by the 'new leader' comment.

xxMATTGxx
07-08-2010, 02:28 PM
I agree with most of what has been said in this thread really. I could go on how it's quite worrying in regards of "covering" but this is something we are trying to tackle. Hopefully we can improve this over the upcoming weeks.

Hecktix
07-08-2010, 02:31 PM
I agree with most of what has been said in this thread really. I could go on how it's quite worrying in regards of "covering" but this is something we are trying to tackle. Hopefully we can improve this over the upcoming weeks.

Of course we can, I'm on air tuesday LOL

Nemo
07-08-2010, 02:32 PM
He said he wants to improve it.

scottish
07-08-2010, 02:32 PM
Didn't realise you couldn't reply to other thread, apparently the HxL thread under Feedback was removed, so i figured i best post there as if i didn't it'd most likely get moved to complaints as it generally was a complaint :P

But yeh i totally agree

@Oli what nemo said

xxMATTGxx
07-08-2010, 02:33 PM

That means things are going to get worse darlin, not better. (Joke)

Edited by Forum God (Better than xxMATTGxx (kisskiss)): Please don't be rude

Hecktix
07-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Fine, see ya later ;l

I generally only tune into the DJs I know and they tend to be quite good but it pisses me off seeing DJs spamming MSN saying COVER PLS COVER PLS COVER PLS, it's like sort it out - if a slot needs covering DJ's should be fighting for the chance to cover not leaving the same DJ in for 3 or 4 hours straight, I think sacha's a great DJ but one show can only last so long :P

Minstrels
07-08-2010, 03:00 PM
I was a well good DJ, HabboFM... ahh. I was quality.

Calvin
07-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Now Hayynar needs a cover lol.. Hardly anyone likes DJing do they? :P

gangstaagent1
07-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Can't reply to http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=660220 so I'm making another thread.

I made a point of listening to HxL during the day the past week or so and I have to say I thought better of HxL.

1) 90% of the time it was either Sacha, Keri or Solar DJing for hours in a row. They'd actually say on air "I'm looking for somebody to cover but nobody will". It just seems like some of the DJs are lazy and don't want to DJ. This means they are streaming, which makes people tune out. Because they're streaming, the other DJ's don't feel the need to go on.

First of all, this point isn't true whatsoever. If 90% it's them, why wasn't it them that had the most slots? You cannot say that DJs are lazy because most of them are not. You don't give credit to the international DJs that DJ hours on end at night to keep it online.

2) International DJs being on air at UK peak times. This is an issue because thats not what they were hired for. They were hired to make sure the radio is never offline and that it carries on streaming throughout international times. Maybe let them have 1 slot a week that is UK peak, and then if they don't book any international slots - get rid. HIRE MORE INTERNATIONAL DJ'S!
You cannot say that international DJs are not allowed to DJ UK slots. Most of the time I am forced to DJ UK slots because the UK Djs can't/won't go on air. If you don't let international DJs to DJ at peak times the radio would be offline alot more. Like look, I just got in from work and I am on air because no-one else can get on.. If I wouldn't be able to DJ this slot because of not being allowed the cover thing would go on for AGES!

Minstrels
07-08-2010, 03:12 PM
First of all, this point isn't true whatsoever. If 90% it's them, why wasn't it them that had the most slots? You cannot say that DJs are lazy because most of them are not. You don't give credit to the international DJs that DJ hours on end at night to keep it online.

You cannot say that international DJs are not allowed to DJ UK slots. Most of the time I am forced to DJ UK slots because the UK Djs won't go on air. If you don't let international DJs to DJ at peak times the radio would be offline alot more. Like look, I just got in from work and I am on air because no-one else can get on.. If I wouldn't be able to DJ this slot because of not being allowed the cover thing would go on for AGES!
I see...

gangstaagent1
07-08-2010, 03:15 PM
I see...

LOL, I contradict myself. But most of the DJs aren't lazy though..

Dinosaurawrr
07-08-2010, 03:15 PM
this is true matt is forced to cover a hell of a lot.
but im ALWAYS there to cover and i try really hard.
and after a while i get fed up with it so does he.
and were still forced to.

Robbie
07-08-2010, 03:16 PM

Because from what I can see, the slots aren't booked. They DJ in those slots because they have to cover for the lazy *******s. If they didn't the radio would be offline. Maybe thats what it will take for HxL management to see.

You cannot say that international DJs are not allowed to DJ UK slots. Most of the time I am forced to DJ UK slots because the UK Djs can't/won't go on air. If you don't let international DJs to DJ at peak times the radio would be offline alot more. Like look, I just got in from work and I am on air because no-one else can get on.. If I wouldn't be able to DJ this slot because of not being allowed the cover thing would go on for AGES!

But you're an international DJ. You were hired to do international slots. By doing UK slots you're just letting the other DJ's who will not DJ be lazy. Maybe Jess would kick their arses into gear if international DJs didn't keep covering for them. Don't get me wrong I am not questioning your work ethic and I'm sure you're a good DJ and work hard. However it's just letting other DJs carry on being lazy.

gangstaagent1
07-08-2010, 03:19 PM
But you're an international DJ. You were hired to do international slots. By doing UK slots you're just letting the other DJ's who will not DJ be lazy. Maybe Jess would kick their arses into gear if international DJs didn't keep covering for them. Don't get me wrong I am not questioning your work ethic and I'm sure you're a good DJ and work hard. However it's just letting other DJs carry on being lazy.

I mean I don't see a problem if we do our international slots also? I don't see why international DJs are being targeted for doing UK peak slots. Thats definitely not one of the biggest problems.

Robbie
07-08-2010, 03:24 PM
I mean I don't see a problem if we do our international slots also? I don't see why international DJs are being targeted for doing UK peak slots. Thats definitely not one of the biggest problems.

Well the UK DJ's should do them really... I'll say it again. International DJ's taking UK DJ's slots is making them lazy. Some will just think "oh, gangsteragent (or whoever else) always covers so I don't have to". I don't mean ban international DJ's from doing UK slots, maybe limit it to a certain amount?

sammy
I don't see a problem with Intl's doing UK peak times either really. It's not doing any harm and slots aren't exactly high in demand at the moment so I don't think there's a problem with that at all.

Minstrels
I can see where Robbie is coming from, international DJ's are labelled international for a reason however if the space is free because UK DJ's are too lazy to DJ then the international ones should step in.

Nixt
07-08-2010, 03:28 PM
I think it would be wrong to say HxL hasn't started to improve, I think HxL has improved quite significantly since the last feedback thread and this is reflected in the considerable increase in listeners. We're peaking on well over 100 whereas before we would struggle to reach 50.

Nevertheless we still have a number of things we can, should and will be doing in the coming month to ensure we continue improving and do not get complacent due to the slight increase in listener numbers.

I recently wrote the department report for HabboxLive as Roxy is away and I am covering her as Community AGM for the two week period. In that report I mentioned that covering DJs is an issue and I find that a lot of DJs are currently reluctant. As a result I understand new covering procedures have been put in place, recognising within the DJ report system that DJs cover a slot they had not booked. Furthermore we want to put more effort into breaking down barriers between DJs that I feel, unfortunately, do often affect willingness to take over from another DJ on air.

The problem is not so much International DJs doing UK peak time slots, I feel they are perfectly entitled to do so and indeed it is sometimes very important they do. The problem is DJs covering UK peak time slots and failing to do slots in their allotted international times as well. This is something we need to combat and look into, and if a DJ hired specifically for international times are failing to fulfil their mandate in that area, we will look into addressing that.

Circadia
07-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Like i said to matt on MSN why are these threads even started they always end up in arguments and offer no help what so ever to the current DJs reading these threads. They also end up subjecting the intl DJs to abuse for the lack of Most UK DJs efforts which is highly unfair and highly inappropriate as were meant to be a community not ripping people apart at every chance you get !

Richie
07-08-2010, 03:29 PM
- Fire the djs not willing to dj
- hire me as radio manager ;l

sorted.

gangstaagent1
07-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Well the UK DJ's should do them really... I'll say it again. International DJ's taking UK DJ's slots is making them lazy. Some will just think "oh, gangsteragent (or whoever else) always covers so I don't have to". I don't mean ban international DJ's from doing UK slots, maybe limit it to a certain amount?
you hardly see Internationals doing UK peak slots. I do a few yes, because we want a variety. If you look at the timetable more then 90% of the Peak slots are booked by UK DJs. I don't see a problem with imternationals doing some if they are unbooked.

I can see where Robbie is coming from, international DJ's are labelled international for a reason however if the space is free because UK DJ's are too lazy to DJ then the international ones should step in.
We are called international because we are not from the UK. There is no such thing as international rules so we follow the UK ones. There is no rule against peak slots, nor I don't think there will be for a while because as Sam said there is not a high demand for peak slots at the moment.

scottish
07-08-2010, 03:30 PM
I don't see a problem with Intl's doing UK peak times either really. It's not doing any harm and slots aren't exactly high in demand at the moment so I don't think there's a problem with that at all.

that is the problem
DJ's should be active and booking the slots (UK DJs) not international

International DJs are supposed to be doing the off-peak hours like early in the morning and very late at night, where UK dj's will normally in bed, work, or school.

Richie
07-08-2010, 03:31 PM
I'm really confused though, isn't there like 50 djs ;s surely you can get 12 slots pre-booked a day

Circadia
07-08-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm really confused though, isn't there like 50 djs ;s surely you can get 12 slots booked a day

37 i just counted

Minstrels
07-08-2010, 03:34 PM
you hardly see Internationals doing UK peak slots. I do a few yes, because we want a variety. If you look at the timetable more then 90% of the Peak slots are booked by UK DJs. I don't see a problem with imternationals doing some if they are unbooked.

We are called international because we are not from the UK. There is no such thing as international rules so we follow the UK ones. There is no rule against peak slots, nor I don't think there will be for a while because as Sam said there is not a high demand for peak slots at the moment.
You're called international DJ's because you DJ at international hours.

gangstaagent1
07-08-2010, 03:36 PM

If we were only supposed to DJ at international hours why isn't there a rule? Clearly the management don't feel the same.

Circadia
07-08-2010, 03:38 PM
If we only let Intl Djs do Intl times slots the radio would in theory be offline for the majority because most of the UK DJs put in no effort what so ever so you should be glad that there are Intl DJs to do peak times in the UK .

Minstrels
07-08-2010, 03:38 PM
If we were only supposed to DJ at international hours why isn't there a rule? Clearly the management don't feel the same.
Do the management expect to hire lazy UK DJ's who don't DJ during UK peak times? Fact of the matter is if the UK DJ's weren't lazy you'd be DJing international hours.

Richie
07-08-2010, 03:39 PM
37 i just counted

thats still loads surely 12 out of those 37 can pre-book a slot ;s

wrong. You clearly haven't seen habboxlive staff forums in the past theres been loads of threads asking international djs to dj at their own timezone peaks.

EDIT:
At the end of the day, if you were not expected to dj your own peak times, why do habboxlive have a set list for uk and inters ;s. If you aren't expected to dj your peak times then their would be just the role 'DJS'.

scottish
07-08-2010, 03:43 PM

Because the UK DJ's aren't pulling their weight evidently

Imho the way it should be

2am - 7am - Strictly international DJs only
7am - 3pm - International or UK DJs, however UK get priority
3pm - 10pm - Strictly UK DJs only
10pm - 2am - International or UK DJs

gangstaagent1
07-08-2010, 03:44 PM
thats still loads surely 12 out of those 37 can pre-book a slot ;s

wrong. You clearly haven't seen habboxlive staff forums in the past theres been loads of threads asking international djs to dj at their own timezone peaks.

The past is when you have been here. Actually honestlly, yesterday I was looking through the old forums. Because I was bored. Came across a few things but now there hasn't been a thread like that in ages. You resigned in January, I understand that back then everyone was active but this is now. about 7 months later and the problem is different then it was back then.

sammy
07-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Yes that most certainly is the problem. I think management need to really go through the staff list and work out which members of staff aren't doing as much as they should and warn/remove these DJs. Applications would then be opened so hopefully we'd get some fresh blood and a new set of DJs that will work hard!

I think new DJs are going to come shortly anyway so the problem should really improve.

Robbie
07-08-2010, 03:48 PM

+1

I'm really confused though, isn't there like 50 djs ;s surely you can get 12 slots pre-booked a day

+1

Well I think you should DJ at UK times but only if there are absolutely no online UK DJs to cover.

If we only let Intl Djs do Intl times slots the radio would in theory be offline for the majority because most of the UK DJs put in no effort what so ever so you should be glad that there are Intl DJs to do peak times in the UK .

Well if International DJs stopped doing UK cover slots maybe management would see how lazy some of the UK ones are. (I know I've contradicted myself with my above point - above I am saying if it is URGENT and NO UK DJs are online)

Do the management expect to hire lazy UK DJ's who don't DJ during UK peak times? Fact of the matter is if the UK DJ's weren't lazy you'd be DJing international hours.

+1

scottish
07-08-2010, 04:00 PM
The past is when you have been here. Actually honestlly, yesterday I was looking through the old forums. Because I was bored. Came across a few things but now there hasn't been a thread like that in ages. You resigned in January, I understand that back then everyone was active but this is now. about 7 months later and the problem is different then it was back then.

Then get active staff...

Inseriousity.
07-08-2010, 04:00 PM
I have also listened to HxL a bit since the last thread for the same reason. Generally the shows have been quite entertaining, the 'telephone' song, 99% of them couldnt sing but I found it funny the first time (the 'eh eh eh' bit sounded like that woman from Little Britain :P).. second, not so much. third, not at all. I never heard the kazopark ad that everyone moans about though :(

There is one thing I can't stand and that's the double DJ shows! Someone's talking, someone interupts and you miss half the conversation. 2's normally okay but 3's a nightmare to try and listen to!

Robbie
07-08-2010, 04:02 PM
I have also listened to HxL a bit since the last thread for the same reason. Generally the shows have been quite entertaining, the 'telephone' song, 99% of them couldnt sing but I found it funny the first time (the 'eh eh eh' bit sounded like that woman from Little Britain :P).. second, not so much. third, not at all. I never heard the kazopark ad that everyone moans about though :(

There is one thing I can't stand and that's the double DJ shows! Someone's talking, someone interupts and you miss half the conversation. 2's normally okay but 3's a nightmare to try and listen to!

Oh yeah that's another thing. Shows with more than one DJ generally bore me because they chat for ageees before playing another song and its usually like "ummm what shall i play bob?" "umm i dont know joe, u pick", "ummmmmmmmmm"

EDIT: @scotttttttttttish: +1

gangstaagent1
07-08-2010, 04:03 PM
Then get active staff...
Scott try talking to Jess about it... Because her and Gemma are the only ones that can do something about it.

sammy
07-08-2010, 04:03 PM

Shows with 3 DJs are very rare and usually it's just the Chatathon that do that. It's a rule now that you can't have 3 djs on air without asking permission from Jess/Gemma so they only happen in very special circumstances!

Inseriousity.
07-08-2010, 04:05 PM
Shows with 3 DJs are very rare and usually it's just the Chatathon that do that. It's a rule now that you can't have 3 djs on air without asking permission from Jess/Gemma so they only happen in very special circumstances!

Without trying to offend the DJs involved but that's the show I'm talking about :(
If you're going to have a show with 3 DJs with lots of opinions all over the place, can we please have some sort of structure to it? Sure, it's not always possible to follow a schedule but if there's some sort of basic plan, it might flow better.

gangstaagent1
07-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Without trying to offend the DJs involved but that's the show I'm talking about :(
If you're going to have a show with 3 DJs with lots of opinions all over the place, can we please have some sort of structure to it? Sure, it's not always possible to follow a schedule but if there's some sort of basic plan, it might flow better.

Are you suggesting we remove the show?

Posts merged by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Multiple posts caused by Forum lag.

Richie
07-08-2010, 04:08 PM

Thats what I said in previous threads, I think djs should be told they must have some sort of script for each show. For obvious reasons.

@Gangsteragent

When did he ever suggest that ;s he suggested that you should have some sort of order written up.

Inseriousity.
07-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Are you suggesting we remove the show?

No, read what I said :)

sammy
07-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Thats what I said in previous threads, I think djs should be told they must have some sort of script for each show. For obvious reasons.

I don't agree with this. At the end of the day HxL is aimed at young teenagers, being blunt and straight to the point is just boring for them and this causes them to tune out. It'd end up being obvious that you're reading from a script and I think in some cases you'd just sound like some sort of robot :P.

gangstaagent1
07-08-2010, 04:11 PM
No, read what I said :)

We do have a basic plan when we host it. Before hand we talk about the topics etc.. But the thing is on skype there is a few seconds of lag between people talking so sometimes people talk over other people without even realizing it. and we can't have a schedule because we don't know how many people are going to give opinions etc..

Richie
07-08-2010, 04:12 PM
I don't agree with this. At the end of the day HxL is aimed at young teenagers, being blunt and straight to the point is just boring for them and this causes them to tune out. It'd end up being obvious that you're reading from a script and I think in some cases you'd just sound like some sort of robot :P.

Hardly.. stumbling over words and haven't a clue what to do next is 'boring'.

Robbie
07-08-2010, 04:14 PM

Don't have a script on what you're going to say - plan what will be in the show like comps etc and what you are going to talk about. Queue about 10 songs then when people request, add the requests and reorder the queue accordingly - so you're never stuck for what to play.

Look at the requests and shoutouts while the song is playing so you can get the request in the queue and know which you're going to read. (Not aiming this at you in particular lol)

gangstaagent1
07-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Don't have a script on what you're going to say - plan what will be in the show like comps etc and what you are going to talk about. Queue about 10 songs then when people request, add the requests and reorder the queue accordingly - so you're never stuck for what to play.

Look at the requests and shoutouts while the song is playing so you can get the request in the queue and know which you're going to read. (Not aiming this at you in particular lol)

You can't plan a queue ahead because if someone requests something then you have to re-arrange it. Then it takes off your time and people in the party room leave because the DJ ain't active talking etc.. And then if your queue goes over then you have to remove songs that you have placed and it starts to get quite a hassle tbh

sammy
07-08-2010, 04:18 PM

Yeah I certainly agree with this. Richie said a "script" which I don't agree with but I think a plan would work well. It'd probably sound more professional but not too boring at the same time, I often find myself without ideas for a competition and end up doing it in the last 5 minutes or so, and a plan would obviously stop that and stop cramming things in. I've never really thought about that outside of organising my perm show and I genuinely think this is a great idea.

Edit: @Matt you wouldn't even need to add them to the queue necessarily, just write them down in a notepad document so you can easily add them in as and when. It'd get rid of all the "oh i don't know what to play, hmmmmmmmmm" business :P. It could even bring some variety if you put some songs from different genres etc in.

Alex3213
07-08-2010, 04:19 PM

I know when I was productions staff I had to write some sort of plan to know what I'm doing. Had I not then I know for a fact that I would have nothing to say. I'm afraid to say that this applies to some DJs here and there should be some sort of theme for every show. Even if there are "covers needed", they would need some sort of backup plans ready so then they have something to discuss. "um er so yeah right ok" is not really something I would like to listen to.

Having said this, Garion is right. HxL has improved and now is getting over 100 listeners quite a lot of the time. Well done. There is still room for improvement and activity is really important for this, and something needs to be done about it.

You can't plan a queue ahead because if someone requests something then you have to re-arrange it. Then it takes off your time and people in the party room leave because the DJ ain't active talking etc.. And then if your queue goes over then you have to remove songs that you have placed and it starts to get quite a hassle tbh

Then don't plan 45 odd minutes of songs. Plan 25 minutes or so. This means that there are still requests inside the show, but some different music as well. Also, with the new "Music History", I urge HxL DJs to read it, and if it has been in the last 20 songs or so, PLEASE don't play it with a few exceptions.

sammy
07-08-2010, 04:21 PM
I know when I was productions staff I had to write some sort of plan to know what I'm doing. Had I not then I know for a fact that I would have nothing to say. I'm afraid to say that this applies to some DJs here and there should be some sort of theme for every show. Even if there are "covers needed", they would need some sort of backup plans ready so then they have something to discuss. "um er so yeah right ok" is not really something I would like to listen to.

Having said this, Garion is right. HxL has improved and now is getting over 100 listeners quite a lot of the time. Well done. There is still room for improvement and activity is really important for this, and something needs to be done about it.

Yeah I was under the impression that Richie meant a literally word-to-word script instead of a general plan. :P

double post :|

Posts merged by Bolt660 (forum Super Moderator): Due to forum lag.

Richie
07-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Yeah I certainly agree with this. Richie said a "script" which I don't agree with but I think a plan would work well. It'd probably sound more professional but not too boring at the same time, I often find myself without ideas for a competition and end up doing it in the last 5 minutes or so, and a plan would obviously stop that and stop cramming things in. I've never really thought about that outside of organising my perm show and I genuinely think this is a great idea.

Yeah a script.. a script is basically preparing for a performance. Do you really think I'm that ******ed to expect yous to read word for word off a piece of paper? :s
Sometimes I go into dublin city fm to help out and they have running orders (scripts) that show what song they are going to play next, what they will be talking about and when to play adverts.

Robbie
07-08-2010, 04:22 PM

Well the average song is what, say 3 minutes? Drag and drop a few songs into the queue which will take like 30 seconds at most then get back to Habbo

Richie
07-08-2010, 04:23 PM

It takes a few seconds lets not fool ourselves.

Alex3213
07-08-2010, 04:23 PM

It takes a few seconds lets not fool ourselfs.

This.

Also, just to add on my previous post. What on earth has happened to the Song History page? No songs on there whatsoever.

xxMATTGxx
07-08-2010, 04:24 PM
Maybe not scripts but you surely can plan some of the shows. If it's a special show or a weekly show you do then they can be planned for sure, maybe have a list of things you want to talk about and a list of songs you want to play. Yeah you will get requests but hey are easy enough to drop in. (Just like dropping files onto your desktop, it's that easy! :P)

Richie
07-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Maybe not scripts but you surely can plan some of the shows. If it's a special show or a weekly show you do then they can be planned for sure, maybe have a list of things you want to talk about and a list of songs you want to play. Yeah you will get requests but hey are easy enough to drop in. (Just like dropping files onto your desktop, it's that easy! :P)

People got the wrong impression. I meant scripts in the sense of a running order, what to do next etc.

Alex3213
07-08-2010, 04:26 PM

That's what he meant. :P

I disagree with the "some". It should be all shows, and evenif you're covering you should be able to come up with a quick discussion topic and a competition if you feel like it.

Inseriousity.
07-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Yeah like a teacher using a lesson plan. They have a beginning, middle and an end. Doesn't always work but they always try to redirect the topic back to the plan as quickly as possible - well, a good teacher does anyway :P. It would probably work wonders for these double shows where there should definitely be some sort of 'leader' assigned (a bit like Loose Women where they have 4 women, 1 leader leading the discussion and keeping things in control, its a guilty pleasure :() to try to keep things running smoothly rather than the

'what song shall we play now?'
'dunno, you pick',
'no you pick',
'no you hang up!' (okay im exaggerating but you get the point :P)

xxMATTGxx
07-08-2010, 04:29 PM
That's what he meant. :P

I disagree with the "some". It should be all shows, and evenif you're covering you should be able to come up with a quick discussion topic and a competition if you feel like it.

I suppose they could in a way. Depends on how easy/hard they may find it finding something to speak about!

sammy
07-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Yeah like a teacher using a lesson plan. They have a beginning, middle and an end. Doesn't always work but they always try to redirect the topic back to the plan as quickly as possible - well, a good teacher does anyway :P. It would probably work wonders for these double shows where there should definitely be some sort of 'leader' assigned (a bit like Loose Women where they have 4 women, 1 leader leading the discussion and keeping things in control, its a guilty pleasure :() to try to keep things running smoothly rather than the

'dunno, you pick',
'no you pick',

Yeah just like that. I think that should certainly be added to the DJ Handbook at least as an idea, if not it could be introduced as a rule, that's up to Jess/Gemma though! :)

I'll use this idea for my show tonight & see whether it flows easier or not. :D

Alex3213
07-08-2010, 04:33 PM

'dunno, you pick',
'no you pick',

"ok!"
But yeah agreed, personally it should be the one who has booked the slot. They've booked it, they should take the responsibility.

I suppose they could in a way. Depends on how easy/hard they may find it finding something to speak about!

I know what you mean, but there's plenty of things to talk about. Even using HxF to help you would be useful (not saying directly take a question which has been asked on here but something as inspiration)

Robbie
07-08-2010, 04:37 PM
"ok!"
But yeah agreed, personally it should be the one who has booked the slot. They've booked it, they should take the responsibility.

I know what you mean, but there's plenty of things to talk about. Even using HxF to help you would be useful (not saying directly take a question which has been asked on here but something as inspiration)

Could link it in with HxF advertising. "So, over on HabboxForum.com I found a really interesting discussion on bin bags, let me know your thoughts on bin bags via the request line and a prize will be given out at random! If you want to read more discussions like this then why not head on down to habboxforum.com!"

gangstaagent1
07-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Most Djs advertise HxF already..

Robbie
07-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Most Djs advertise HxF already..

Never said they didn't. I said they could link both together.

Alex3213
07-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Could link it in with HxF advertising. "So, over on HabboxForum.com I found a really interesting discussion on bin bags, let me know your thoughts on bin bags via the request line and a prize will be given out at random! If you want to read more discussions like this then why not head on down to habboxforum.com!"

+rep

More HxF competitions as HxL ones. It always makes listeners register and I know Keri does them now and then, but there's such a wide range of things to post as a competition, and also would work both ways, would encourage HxF users to tune into HxL- as well as promoting discussion. It wouldn't even have to say [HxL] Competition as the title, it could be an active discussion but in the post it could mention "This is a HabboxLive competition under 17:50 BST today". This way the discussion goes further.

Catzsy
07-08-2010, 05:03 PM
- Fire the djs not willing to dj
- hire me as radio manager ;l

sorted.

Well bringing you back as a DJ would be a good start! You were very good.

scottish
07-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Well bringing you back as a DJ would be a good start! You were very good.

Have to admire your humour

But yeh i agree, if staff aren't actively booking slots and such fiyad.

Catzsy
07-08-2010, 05:16 PM
Have to admire your humour

But yeh i agree, if staff aren't actively booking slots and such fiyad.

I was being serious - he is very good. I really enjoyed his shows.

Minstrels
07-08-2010, 05:20 PM
lemme dj.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-9Hfq4VJpA

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090616000946/uncyclopedia/images/7/77/FattyDance.gif

beth
07-08-2010, 05:33 PM
LOL HI LAZY UK DJ HERE.

i kinda get pissed off alot of things, but the first one is being called lazy. i average around about 5/6 slots a week. i work 40 hours a week. i may not cover as much as other staff but this is because i am out paying taxes and stuff. habboxlive is not my life. i think dedicating 6 hours a week is perfectly acceptable. i want to dj because i ENJOY it not because i feel like i'm being forced on air.

secondly; about planning shows; i plan all of mine.
notepad document.
queue certain songs up and then drag and drop.

scottish
07-08-2010, 05:39 PM
Imho minimum should be 4 hours a week

With 37 staff at 4 hours a week, thats 148 hours a week of the 168 available.

Obviously if someones on holiday or something then it's not going to be hard to cover their 4 hours.

If someone isn't doing 4 hours a week i wouldn't think twice about firing them.

If they have a valid reason then fair enough (i.e hospital or something) but 4 hours a week is not hard at all, and if a member isn't putting that into it they shouldn't be here

gangstaagent1
07-08-2010, 05:55 PM
I agree with that tbh

,Jess,
07-08-2010, 06:17 PM
A few DJs plan their shows and it is definitely something that should be done and should definitely be done in the weekly shows. Even if it is just thinking about things such as what to talk about on air and thinking about songs to play before you start talking on air and looking over requests briefly before reading them out to the listeners it makes a difference because you sound prepared and this is something that could improve show quality pretty easily so is something we can focus on in the feedback reports.

I don't think that there are loads of lazy DJs. There are a lot of people away at the moment but we have just had some new DJs added and like I said before we are working on the international side. There are maybe a couple of people who are not pulling their weight but it is literally 2/3 people who I do have my eye on and will be told to step things up else they're out.

DJs are expected to do a minimum of 3 slots per week, I think if it was at 4 this could cause problems because it restricts the flexability in slots and people may not be able to prebook all the slots that they can do. If we continue to see problems in the timetable then we will start looking at the overall commitment of staff members and swapping them for new staff but that would be getting really picky and pushy and I am hoping that this is just a blip and things won't come to that.

Josh
07-08-2010, 06:32 PM
I agree with the entire thread. I read it all and although I do agree it is improving, it still has a long way to go. If DJs would plan AT LEAST 3 songs ahead, that alone would make it a better show I reckon.

I hear you need Aussie (AEST) DJs... hahaha.

Why don't we name and shame? ;) :eusa_danc (Joke)

,Lexiilu
07-08-2010, 07:40 PM
you know what i think?
stop naming the djs.
its actually kind of offensive to come on and read these and you never see your name. however for me, i just did 50 slots last month so how can you tell me i don't work hard enough? edit: and also, dj fistpumps did around 50 as well, yet she hasn't been mentioned as working hard? come on.

anyways. i know that i personally will cover if i'm home and you can pretty much ask any dj that and they should agree. the only time i don't cover is if i'm about to go to bed because it's 3 am. i do agree that not enough djs do cover however and even though they are online, they don't dj. i used to have this problem several times early in the morning when i had dj'ed for 5 hours straight, there's one or two other dj's online and they won't dj so i can go to bed. i actually got in huge trouble with my mom because of this, therefore i'm not allowed to stay up til 3 anymore.

also, if you remove internationals/uks from being able to dj in the other's times, the radio is going to die. i'm telling you now, you will never have anyone to dj. i know that there are a couple uk dj's who do 11, 12, etc. slots and inters like myself who dj during the day. today i had to cover during the day because we didn't have a dj. it could've been a problem if i wasn't allowed.

[/rant]

Robbie
07-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Your post backs up exactly what I'm saying. The internationals are doing all the work for the UK DJs

Richie
07-08-2010, 07:52 PM
you know what i think?
stop naming the djs.
its actually kind of offensive to come on and read these and you never see your name. however for me, i just did 50 slots last month so how can you tell me i don't work hard enough? edit: and also, dj fistpumps did around 50 as well, yet she hasn't been mentioned as working hard? come on.

anyways. i know that i personally will cover if i'm home and you can pretty much ask any dj that and they should agree. the only time i don't cover is if i'm about to go to bed because it's 3 am. i do agree that not enough djs do cover however and even though they are online, they don't dj. i used to have this problem several times early in the morning when i had dj'ed for 5 hours straight, there's one or two other dj's online and they won't dj so i can go to bed. i actually got in huge trouble with my mom because of this, therefore i'm not allowed to stay up til 3 anymore.

also, if you remove internationals/uks from being able to dj in the other's times, the radio is going to die. i'm telling you now, you will never have anyone to dj. i know that there are a couple uk dj's who do 11, 12, etc. slots and inters like myself who dj during the day. today i had to cover during the day because we didn't have a dj. it could've been a problem if i wasn't allowed.

[/rant]

This always happens.

Feedback threads get created regarding habboxlive and the djs reply 'I DO THIS I DO THAT' its not about you its about the timetable in general. Oh and lexi internationals may do allot of work, but at their own peak times, yous stream. You can reply with your bias remarks all you want but you know its true.

Dinosaurawrr
07-08-2010, 07:54 PM
its not all the uk djs because i try extreemly hard lol

Robbie
07-08-2010, 07:55 PM
its not all the uk djs because i try extreemly hard lol

I know yeah sorry, thought I'd made it clear enough throughout the thread that its only some.

,Lexiilu
07-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Your post backs up exactly what I'm saying. The internationals are doing all the work for the UK DJs

we don't do all the work. and we do our work too.
nearly all the overnight slots are internationals.
anyways not all the daytime are internationals either? :S :S
maybe we need some fresh meat. idk.

This always happens.

Feedback threads get created regarding habboxlive and the djs reply 'I DO THIS I DO THAT' its not about you its about the timetable in general. Oh and lexi internationals may do allot of work, but at their own peak times, yous stream. You can reply with your bias remarks all you want but you know its true.
i'm not saying i haven't streamed because obviously i have. i'm most likely not gonna dj at 3 am when i'm half asleep and i've been djing for 4 hours before that, it's just being honest, i'd rather stream a couple hours/just talk a bit and not every 2 songs than have the radio go off.
and incase you didnt see the first posts, they read specific names and that's what i'm responding to at the beginning.
the rest of the post is in general.

Hayleigh
07-08-2010, 10:49 PM
About the variety of tracks being played i agree it isnt large but i think that Djdynamix plays stuff that isnt in the top40 so its never the same except maybe one signature track and Also DJabc he plays old music the top 40 music and slightly different stuff such as Muse etc :)

Robbie
07-08-2010, 10:57 PM
Me and Blob were talking earlier and we had the idea of making a monitoring script.

Basically this would run every three minutes and would show the following information to management:
- Most played songs and artists by each DJ
- How many hours each DJ has done over the week/month
- Most play songs and artists overall
- It would show any repeats that have happened e.g DJ Joe playing Airplanes at 18:45 then DJ Bob playing it again at 19:02
- It would show graphs of how the listeners have changed according to which song is playing and which DJ is on air
- Management and anyone else who has access would be able to 'flag' the time. This flag would happen when something good or bad happens, or when there is a major drop in listeners. It would show whats playing by which DJ. If the flag is not automatically triggered by a substantial drop in listeners, and has been done manually, the person who has triggered the flag can enter why they have flagged it

All this info would be stored in a database for management to see

Dinosaurawrr
07-08-2010, 11:22 PM
Me and Blob were talking earlier and we had the idea of making a monitoring script.

Basically this would run every three minutes and would show the following information to management:
- It would show any repeats that have happened e.g DJ Joe playing Airplanes at 18:45 then DJ Bob playing it again at 19:02
- It would show graphs of how the listeners have changed according to which song is playing and which DJ is on air
- Management and anyone else who has access would be able to 'flag' the time. This flag would happen when something good or bad happens, or when there is a major drop in listeners. It would show whats playing by which DJ. If the flag is not automatically triggered by a substantial drop in listeners, and has been done manually, the person who has triggered the flag can enter why they have flagged it

i like this idea very very much.

Dean
08-08-2010, 04:25 AM
I think finding DJ's and covering has always been a problem and when I was at HxL, I admittedly stayed up all night DJ'ing because no one else bothered (for the wrong reasons :$).

DJ's aren't really lazy because I'm sure they all DJ the minimum a week, and I agree that DJ's maybe feel less inclined to DJ because someone else is doing it for them.

There should be a few incentives every month given out as rewards to DJ's to encourage pre-booking. I'm not saying incentives should be used always as that will probably mean DJ's will not enjoy DJ'ing but DJ purely for the reward (:$ one of my weaknesses!).

HxL is good but I agree with some of your points and I think it's hard for Jess and Gemma to sort these problems out, and DJ applications are open frequently so there's always chances for people to become a DJ.

Oh, and the script idea is great. Keri plans her "Rock Chart" extremely well and I know for a fact that when I'm on Skype to her at 3pm on a Wednesday she is already planning, she colour codes and finds everything she needs so that her show runs perfectly. I'm not saying you should spend hours on a script but setting up a playlist for the show and an idea of what you're going to do won't exactly take half an hour. (I'm sure many DJ's already do this).

HotelUser
08-08-2010, 04:35 AM
i like this idea very very much.

Your wish is my command http://develop.davzy.com/hxl/

Currently updating every 3 minutes, logging everything going on. I'll get charts and specific DJ statistics up tomorrow. For now, enjoy!

Dean
08-08-2010, 04:37 AM

Currently updating every 3 minutes, logging everything going on. I'll get charts and specific DJ statistics up tomorrow. For now, enjoy!

Class!

Josh
08-08-2010, 05:53 AM

Legend. Now don't make it viewable by management only or I will kill you all. Only bad thing about it, is backing tracks show up as duplicate songs which, in a show might be played 5 times setting off a trigger (if you put that in)

Alex3213
08-08-2010, 07:54 AM
Legend. Now don't make it viewable by management only or I will kill you all. Only bad thing about it, is backing tracks show up as duplicate songs which, in a show might be played 5 times setting off a trigger (if you put that in)

It comes up as "Backing" so that's ok really. :P

But I don't understand why it should be non-Management.

sammy
08-08-2010, 08:51 AM

I love it David, that's so useful. +rep :)

oh i need to spread :(

Robbie
08-08-2010, 11:06 AM

David you machine, nice one!!

Dinosaurawrr
08-08-2010, 11:18 AM

Thats amazing!
Thankyou david +rep

Robbie
08-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Just to back up my point in the original post about the "Telephone" song losing listeners:

05. [Aug 8th 13:42:02] (76/400) Sam - Ke$ha - Take It Off
06. [Aug 8th 13:33:07] (87/400) Sam - HabboxLive Staff - Telephone

Went from 87 to 76.

gangstaagent1
08-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Thats amazing David! +Rep!

One problem is you're not taking the unique listeners so sometimes your statistics will be incorrect

sammy
08-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Just to back up my point in the original post about the "Telephone" song losing listeners:

05. [Aug 8th 13:42:02] (76/400) Sam - Ke$ha - Take It Off
06. [Aug 8th 13:33:07] (87/400) Sam - HabboxLive Staff - Telephone

Went from 87 to 76.

Those two songs were 9 minutes apart, infact I got 89 straight after Telephone had finished :P.

The song was requested anyway, so I don't have much choice but to play it.

And also it seems to be skipping a few songs? I played Jason Mraz - I'm Yours inbetween those two songs and that didn't seem to go through. Also it's calling SamLouise Sam :S

Robbie
08-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Those two songs were 9 minutes apart, infact I got 89 straight after Telephone had finished :P.

And also it seems to be skipping a few songs? I played Jason Mraz - I'm Yours inbetween those two songs and that didn't seem to go through. Also it's calling SamLouise Sam :S

Will tell David about it later :) He coded it.

Alex3213
08-08-2010, 02:24 PM

Edit:nvm, Hope it gets sorted soon

Nemo
08-08-2010, 04:00 PM
As longas i never hear that telephone song again, i dont care. Hate lady gaga, hate their voices (no offence, they're awful).

beth
08-08-2010, 10:55 PM
thing is though, alot of our 'core' listeners don't use the forum and request telephone constantly.

Josh
08-08-2010, 11:29 PM
thing is though, alot of our 'core' listeners don't use the forum and request telephone constantly.

Core? You mean like, loyal listeners? They basically want to be closest to staff as they look up to them (not me so get out), but until they wake up to themselves and realise their voices aren't even good, we're all going to have to suffer.

beth
08-08-2010, 11:58 PM
actualli dunno wot ur chattin, i sound like mariah.

HotelUser
09-08-2010, 12:19 AM

It updates every three minutes - I'll add a more reliable cron :) as for the DJ names it's pulling the list of DJ names from your staff list on HabboxLive.com. It seems to be working pretty well so far.

HotelUser
09-08-2010, 04:50 AM
I've changed it to update every one minute, removed background songs from top songs, gave it some pie and a new hairdo: http://develop.davzy.com/hxl - I'll add DJ specific pages too although I can't guarantee that HxL will want to keep this information public!

Josh
09-08-2010, 04:59 AM
I've changed it to update every one minute, removed background songs from top songs, gave it some pie and a new hairdo: http://develop.davzy.com/hxl - I'll add DJ specific pages too although I can't guarantee that HxL will want to keep this information public!

Sexy sexy sexy.

Hope they keep it public.

Pebbles-Tiger
09-08-2010, 06:54 AM
I agree with your points, I'm applying to be a DJ and will help the best I can ;D

Nemo
09-08-2010, 10:18 AM
I agree with your points, I'm applying to be a DJ and will help the best I can ;D
Good luck with the application ^^

smiffy70
09-08-2010, 10:48 AM
all im gunna say is why dont you do like hollyoaks and skins

et the next generation of dj's, i know it may seem harsh but i think u should slice all inactive dj's and others in half and bring in a new selection of fresh talent. im sure if you search a few unofficial fansites and you see there are quite a few good dj's like dj Amy and Timbo on www.thishabbo.com (http://www.thishabbo.com)

gangstaagent1
09-08-2010, 02:54 PM
It updates every three minutes - I'll add a more reliable cron :) as for the DJ names it's pulling the list of DJ names from your staff list on HabboxLive.com. It seems to be working pretty well so far.

The DJ Hayynar is picking up as Nar, and SamLouise as Sam... There are a few flaus in this code

sammy
09-08-2010, 03:00 PM
The DJ Hayynar is picking up as Nar, and SamLouise as Sam... There are a few flaus in this code

This, it's still broken. It also doesn't pick up about 5% of songs, so it doesn't give an accurate reading at all.

ChickenFaces
09-08-2010, 03:12 PM
It's hard to say that internationals shouldn't be allowed to DJ at peak times, I'm in the US and I'm only five hours behind UK time, usually I'm on during peak hours, but I don't DJ then because I just usually do late slots, and even then when it's about 4:00 in the morning it's around midnight for me, and it gets hard doing late night slots but I don't want the radio to go offline. I have to pray that a UK DJ might be online soon so that I might be able to get to sleep. Another thing, my family is sleeping around that time and it's really difficult for me to talk on air during that time because I don't want to wake my family up. I didn't think I did a bad job as a DJ, sorry if I am...

HotelUser
09-08-2010, 03:48 PM

Thanks for telling me, will fix this now.

This, it's still broken. It also doesn't pick up about 5% of songs, so it doesn't give an accurate reading at all.

It's giving an accurate reading, I'm watching it give an accurate reading.

gangstaagent1
09-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Thanks for telling me, will fix this now.

It's giving an accurate reading, I'm watching it give an accurate reading.

It's not giving an accurate reading. It's saying songs have been played by DJs that don't even have the song. Here it says me and Shannon played the same song back to back which we didn't :

Shiloh - Goodbye You Suck
Played first by Matt at Aug 9th 03:03:01
Played again by Fistpumps at Aug 9th 03:06:01

HotelUser
09-08-2010, 03:54 PM
It's not giving an accurate reading. It's saying songs have been played by DJs that don't even have the song. Here it says me and Shannon played the same song back to back which we didn't :

Shiloh - Goodbye You Suck
Played first by Matt at Aug 9th 03:03:01
Played again by Fistpumps at Aug 9th 03:06:01

Ah, that's caused because it indexs duplicates based on both time and different DJs, just need to add an extra check to an if statement, I'll fix that :)

Dj.rhinoman
09-08-2010, 03:54 PM
281. [Aug 8th 22:03:01] (85/400) Rhino - Kylie Minogue - Santa Baby

Thats very incorrect sir ;)

HotelUser
09-08-2010, 03:57 PM
281. [Aug 8th 22:03:01] (85/400) Rhino - Kylie Minogue - Santa Baby

Thats very incorrect sir ;)

Howso sir :D

Dj.rhinoman
09-08-2010, 03:59 PM
I didn't play santa baby. That was from the previous DJ.

Plus, I would never play that song to begin with.

HotelUser
09-08-2010, 04:05 PM

It reports whatever your shoutcast is reporting, although I'll look into it.

I believe I've written a sorting algorithm which fixes the DJ name mismatch problem. We'll find out when SamLouise goes on air again.

Might I point out that no developer has ever made something that worked on the first try, that I am not done developing this statistics tool and that I myself am fairly new to the HxL scene. I really appreciate all the help and feedback our DJs have given me on this and hope it continues :)

Edit: once I know everything's working as it should I'll flush the database and start everything off new too, consider this atmosphere a sandbox at the moment :P

.Devilish..
09-08-2010, 04:12 PM
I think if there is lots of slots where there is no dj's they should hire some more.

sammy
09-08-2010, 06:59 PM

Yeah this occasionally happens, when the DJ puts a final song in the queue it automatically puts another song in the decks once the first song has ran out. The DJ will play their final song and the automatic randomly chosen song will start to play (even if it only plays for a millisecond) it still goes onto the DJ Stats and takes a while to update. :P

I don't think it's a thing that can be helped really.

HotelUser
09-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Yeah this occasionally happens, when the DJ puts a final song in the queue it automatically puts another song in the decks once the first song has ran out. The DJ will play their final song and the automatic randomly chosen song will start to play (even if it only plays for a millisecond) it still goes onto the DJ Stats and takes a while to update. :P

I don't think it's a thing that can be helped really.

On a lighter note I'm amused at how accurately/quickly it's picking up song changes then :P

ChickenFaces
10-08-2010, 07:25 AM
At the DJs who are commenting on his script, you don't need to do it so harshly, he just started making it, it's obviously going to have some bugs, so relax because you're not going to get killed just because of a script that was made. :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!