PDA

View Full Version : [HxL] Public Be Heard Show

smiffy70
08-08-2010, 09:06 PM
ive toyed with this ida for a while and here it is

is there apossability of one dj doing a perm show on the weekends or something where they do a double dj with a members of the pulic and generally just have a chat and do competitions and that, i know its a bit like the chat sow but its a good way to et listeners more interacted

feedback pwease

beth
08-08-2010, 11:02 PM
i'm sure this has been suggested before and was discarded for very many reasons.

my problem with a show like that would be if it was completely live, it'd be completely unsecure and it would only take one racist word (for e.g) to get habbox into big trouble.

so there's the idea of perhaps pre-recording it?.
maybe listeners could record opinion recordings which then can be checked and played. but then i suppose hxl would be accused of fiddling with the results

Alex3213
08-08-2010, 11:03 PM
i'm sure this has been suggested before and was discarded for very many reasons.

my problem with a show like that would be if it was completely live, it'd be completely unsecure and it would only take one racist word (for e.g) to get habbox into big trouble.

so there's the idea of perhaps pre-recording it?.
maybe listeners could record opinion recordings which then can be checked and played. but then i suppose hxl would be accused of fiddling with the results

Agreed, agreed, agreed. Good idea on paper, practically? Not at all really.

Josh
08-08-2010, 11:13 PM
Give Bethany's idea a try and see if it works. Then you decide from there, because it sounds good.

Martin
08-08-2010, 11:17 PM
I've always wondered if it was possible to record shows somehow. Maybe you could record the popular shows or important ones and replay them in an available slot sometime or when struggling for a DJ? It's probably not possible for some reason, but shame! xD

Completely off topic I know. I agree about the live thing being impossible really. You really have no control over what "could" be said, and it's all quite risky really and would probably end up in a mess. xD

Florx
08-08-2010, 11:20 PM
Do what the BBC news does, record them, then only play the good ones / the ones that make the public sound stupid!

That way you are filtering it :)

Josh
08-08-2010, 11:21 PM
Come to think of it, Rimes (Tom) used to let people come on air on Skype. It wasn't that bad, was actually pretty good. Why not just record the loyal listeners opinions before hand, and play them like a song. Then you can play requests and have the rest of the show live.

beth
08-08-2010, 11:39 PM
i think it would be quite fun to have listeners on air, but i also think it would be unprofessional.
people are complaining enough about having double dj shows. i think featuring listeners and having them jabbering away ten to the dozen in the background might be a step too far.

.Devilish..
09-08-2010, 04:21 PM
I think its a good idea. But in reality it might be hard for it to work. And doing it live would be very risky.

HotelUser
09-08-2010, 05:57 PM
Couldn't you relay a listeners audio into the stream via skype? On air debates, discussions, even fan discussions on air would be really cool!

smiffy70
09-08-2010, 06:16 PM
tbh if u wanna record i have a thing called call burner, and would be happy to help any1 tht needs it

gangstaagent1
09-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Ok, I was talking to Jess about this a few weeks ago. This idea was passed, however it would not be live. I am still awaiting the password to the skype account ( Jess forgot it) So once I get it, it will be happening as far as I am aware still. It is a good idea just not live!

sammy
09-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Yeah I think if it was live it'd just fail completely. As Bethie said it'd only take a racist or offensive word and it could have disastrous consequences. I think it could work if it was pre-recorded, but i still don't think it'd flow very well. It seems like one of those ideas that seem good beforehand, but when they actually happen it will probably not turn out how it's expected to.

Calvin
09-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Yeah I think if it was live it'd just fail completely. As Bethie said it'd only take a racist or offensive word and it could have disastrous consequences. I think it could work if it was pre-recorded, but i still don't think it'd flow very well. It seems like one of those ideas that seem good beforehand, but when they actually happen it will probably not turn out how it's expected to.Just put a notice this show may contain swearing or something because listeners would love to be live on the radio, pre recording is no fun!

beth
09-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Just put a notice this show may contain swearing or something because listeners would love to be live on the radio, pre recording is no fun!

yeh bad language wouldn't be the problem. the problem would probably be the offensive context.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!