PDA

View Full Version : [Request] Looking for DJs/Presenters (Non Habbo Web based Station)

peteyt
08-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Hi there.

I'm looking for new presenters and DJ's to work on my online radio station. Sadly it has been around for some time as we've experienced problems in the past, staff issues, presenters not turning up and financial issues.

However stuff is starting to look up now and we should be back broadcasting in a week or so.

The question is why choose us?

Licensed We are licensed to play copyright material. We have a license with PRS and a one with Web Radio World (which works alongside PPL),

Music All of our presenters have access to a special music subscription service brought to us courtesy of Web Radio World - this gives us 20 new UK and 20 new US tracks a week - this means you have access to new and popular tracks for free!

Covers For those who don’t have a static schedule e.g. work and other commitments, we offer cover presenting - allowing you to present when cover comes available. Can’t do the cover available? You only work what you can do, meaning it’s extremely flexible.

Holidays We understand that being voluntary, you do it by choice and probably have a lot of other stuff on the go. So if you need a day off, although you have to put it into a cover system, we will give it to you instantly - the cover system just means we hopefully can get someone to cover it.

Auto DJ We are going to be running an Auto DJ service when we return. This simply means that if for some reason technical problems occur and so on and a presenter can’t make it, if no one can cover it the system will kick in, meaning there will always be something broadcasting. We also have a DJ panel which allows users to kick the Auto DJ when going on air for your show.

Content/Format We allow just about every type of show on our station. Some like to mix it, some like dedicated genre shows, some even like to just talk. We are happy to allow a variety of show formats. For obvious reasons, we do have a 9pm watershed, meaning any shows that could be seen a little offensive must occur after 9pm, and must also contain a warning right from the straight and at intervals throughout the show. The content is also up to you, maybe you’ve got certain games, competitions or special things you’d like to include in your show. Well guess what, it’s your show!

Non Habbo While Habbo Radio can be a good starting point, for most it leads no nothing. Rise Against Media wants to offer people the next step, a radio station that’s non Habbo based, meaning anyone can tune in.

You can view our site bellow. Feel free to sign up to the site. If your interested in the jobs you can post on the forum, reply to this message or PM me.

http://www.riseagainstmedia.com

Thanks for taking time in reading this!

Jamieb
08-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Nice, good luck!

If I was you i would get the presenters to pre record backup shows so you can stream them if they can't make it or whatnot.

peteyt
08-08-2010, 11:14 PM
Hi good idea - the only problem with that is space and also the fact im not always around - e.g. work, uni and so on so. Also some might not have time. We have thought about having like a voice over playing regulary to make people feel like its not just auto.

Jamieb
08-08-2010, 11:23 PM
Or record the shows they do anyway and re play them out...

peteyt
08-08-2010, 11:28 PM
Yeah could do that - then we could take out the music and use them for podcasts

Richie
09-08-2010, 12:08 AM
[FONT=Arial]Licensed We are licensed to play copyright material. We have a license with PRS and a one with Web Radio World (which works alongside PPL),

Let me get this right, that company sells you a shoutcast and they automatically pay for the radio licence?

How much did you pay for prs & ppl?

Best of luck with it.

peteyt
09-08-2010, 12:34 AM
Web Radio World is licensed by PPL to give licenses to small webcasters - we have to use it on their shoutcast server as they log all the stuff - web radio world and pass the details to ppl when they need them - just like whats been played and so on.

We pay around 60 a month for the ppl license, shoutcast server - i'd rather pay monthly as with a proper PPL license its possible to go over e.g. you get so many streams lets say 1000 - everytime a listener tunes in and hears a song its a stream - 1 song - 100 streams = 100 streams. We also pay a few hundred for our prs license.

Richie
09-08-2010, 01:51 AM
Web Radio World is licensed by PPL to give licenses to small webcasters - we have to use it on their shoutcast server as they log all the stuff - web radio world and pass the details to ppl when they need them - just like whats been played and so on.

We pay around 60 a month for the ppl license, shoutcast server - i'd rather pay monthly as with a proper PPL license its possible to go over e.g. you get so many streams lets say 1000 - everytime a listener tunes in and hears a song its a stream - 1 song - 100 streams = 100 streams. We also pay a few hundred for our prs license.

a few hundred a year? I'm assuming yes?

peteyt
09-08-2010, 10:57 PM
Yep a year

photography
11-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Hey mate,

Im from Australia and I am interested.

I have PMed my details for further contact.

Cheers

peteyt
11-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Hey i got your PM/email address - is it linked to msn to?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!