PDA

View Full Version : How do we use it?

9y
12-08-2010, 12:02 PM
I've just gone onto the website and it just doesnt work...

using google chrome.

http://i38.tinypic.com/1zm379e.png

myke
12-08-2010, 12:03 PM
It's not open yet Scottio :)

9y
12-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Oh so its not there at all? I thought there was a beta verson coz ppl wer like, naughty names have been removed and all that malarky

myke
12-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Nop, not even the beta is out yet. :)

9y
12-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Oh right. I'll go back in ma hole x

Nixt
12-08-2010, 12:11 PM
The "naughty names" thing was a pre-release before the beta. It was actually a leaked link and technically they shouldn't have been on to have the opportunity, but it was an interesting test nevertheless. The beta and therefore that page goes live at 18:00 this evening so it should appear then, give or take ten minutes.

Wonderful
12-08-2010, 12:33 PM
The "naughty names" thing was a pre-release before the beta. It was actually a leaked link and technically they shouldn't have been on to have the opportunity, but it was an interesting test nevertheless. The beta and therefore that page goes live at 18:00 this evening so it should appear then, give or take ten minutes.

Actually the leaked link was discovered after it was said that some users were already inside because not all of them could get inside... it was intended for users to be allowed on for 15 minutes or so to avoid disappointment. So yes, we were intentionally given the opportunity.

Nixt
12-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Actually the leaked link was discovered after it was said that some users were already inside because not all of them could get inside... it was intended for users to be allowed on for 15 minutes or so to avoid disappointment. So yes, we were intentionally given the opportunity.

I was under the impression that the only users online at the time were those who already had access at the time, Moderators and senior members of Habbox staff. The link was then discovered by a member of the Habbox public who went on to post it in the thread, at which time it spread like wildfire through many people. It did "avoid disappointment" and there was supposed to be a more stable temporary release (for around 15 / 20 minutes), but not on the link that was provided and not at the time that people began accessing it. At least, that's the impression I got from the Kazopark director whom I was talking to at the time. If you are privy to more information than that I apologise.

Wonderful
12-08-2010, 01:12 PM
@nixt Taken from the initial "Launch" thread.

To avoid disappointment, we will be allowing access to the Kazopark Client from 19:30 BST for a short while to allow testing.

then when some people couldn't get on it was posted that

We're working on resolving this, however several users are now inside.
Please bear with us whilst we find out what's happening for the rest

after this dentafrice found the other link to get on.

good game sir

Nixt
12-08-2010, 01:46 PM
The link that was provided was never meant for public access. The situation changed according to the fact it was leaked - the several users online were members of Habbox Staff and Kazopark Moderators and Staff, including myself. We accessed it through the link that was later leaked though.

I just confirmed this with the Kazopark director.

Wonderful
12-08-2010, 01:58 PM
In the thread I referred to in my previous post the context it was said in was that several users (ordinary users) had accessed the site via the correct link.

We're working on resolving this, however several users are now inside.
Please bear with us whilst we find out what's happening for the rest

the word rest suggests for some of the users (us) the real link was meant to be accessible and it would soon be fine for the rest who were experiencing some unknown problem.

you can justify yourself all you like, I don't care if you got the director to confirm it you're obviously staff or something so he's inclined to agree with you. the intention when Kimber said "To avoid disappointment, we will be allowing access to the Kazopark Client from 19:30 BST for a short while to allow testing." was that we would get to access the site regardless of whether you can justify if the correct link worked or not. therefore I don't see how you can say we're lucky to have the opportunity to keep our names basically... when it was intended we'd get them in the tester anyway. the link isn't important, the intentions are.

give up, I am.. with your ignorance.

on topic: just 3 hours :-)

Tintinnabulate
12-08-2010, 02:10 PM
The fact is, the "Play Kazopark" thing is misleading as it makes you think its open.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!