So much better than NVG.

Fez
12-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Sorry for double post but

http://callofduty.com/intel/355

Hardened editions unveiled as well.

dbgtz
12-08-2010, 05:09 PM
That's pretty kick ass, like the mini trailer too. It's so much better, why can't modern warfare 2 have got decent collectors.

Yay at play.com selling for £65 :D

ps3s hardened:
http://images.play.com/banners/content/16117474.jpg
anyone else thinking the pic on the badge will be the last prestige?
- Call of Duty: Black Ops full game
- Premium, special-edition SteelBook™ case
- Limited edition Black Ops collector’s medal w/display case
- 4 additional co-op maps not included in the standard edition of the game
- Special Black Ops Xbox Live or PlayStation Home avatar outfit

http://img.game.co.uk/images/content/SpecialEditions/BlackOpsPS3Splash.jpg
£130, game only (again) by the looks of it as it wasn't on play.
- Video & audio sent wirelessly to remote transmitter (200 ft. range)
- 2” backlit TFT 220 x176 color screen built into RC controller
- Digital proportional steering and throttle
- Independent suspension
- High and low speed settings
- Custom pistol grip style RC controller
- Display stand

I wish they would have included an actual ps3 avatar tbh, few people will use the actual thing on ps home.
The box art looks nice.

I'm wondering two things.
1. will the medal be plastic or metal.
2. assuming the hardened edition is set out in the way MW2s, what else will go in the plastic case? the steelbook will take half. EDIT: actually thinking about it, its probably the medals packaging. Hopefully they have an unboxing video just to see. Oh yeah it says including display case on the site

I also kinda wish they had an artbook, its always interesting to see what might have been and concepts of what has been.

Fez
12-08-2010, 05:13 PM
That's pretty kick ass, like the mini trailer too. It's so much better, why can't modern warfare 2 have got decent collectors.

Yay at play.com selling for £65 :D

I'm tempted for the Prestige, but probably just get Hardened.

Am getting it for the PS3 this time.

dbgtz
12-08-2010, 05:21 PM
I'm tempted for the Prestige, but probably just get Hardened.

Am getting it for the PS3 this time.

Just out of curiousity, why? :P I thought of getting MW2 for 360 at one point, didnt in the end though.

Also anyone else getting the feeling that those 4 co-op maps will make like, CO-OP PACK 1 of the long list of DLC this game will probs get.

EDIT: this guy thinks the 4 coop maps will be the zombie maps from waw

Fez
12-08-2010, 05:27 PM
Just out of curiousity, why? :P I thought of getting MW2 for 360 at one point, didnt in the end though.

Also anyone else getting the feeling that those 4 co-op maps will make like, CO-OP PACK 1 of the long list of DLC this game will probs get.

EDIT: this guy thinks the 4 coop maps will be the zombie maps from waw

Just more used to the controller, more friends getting it on PS3 this time too. God they're odd.

I don't know if zombies will be back, I'd like a mix between zombies/spec ops to be honest.

Chris
12-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Wow, mw2s Hardened and Prestiged where crap but I'm so tempted by the pres edition. I normally just go for the standard one but the hardened one is oh so tempting.

Edit: Doesnt that vid show that you can detinate the car rather than it detonating on impact?

samsaBEAR
12-08-2010, 08:36 PM
I really really really want the Prestige edition, but I doubt I'll be able to get the funds before it sells out. Much better than NVG

Petite$
12-08-2010, 09:01 PM
OHH MY GOD.
I'm in love.
I've been wanting a remote controlled vehicle like that for sooo long. Not like it could be useful but still <3
Pre-ordering asap :)

dbgtz
12-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Wow, mw2s Hardened and Prestiged where crap but I'm so tempted by the pres edition. I normally just go for the standard one but the hardened one is oh so tempting.

Edit: Doesnt that vid show that you can detinate the car rather than it detonating on impact?

Yeah it does
And ill be preordering the hardened edition when i have the money, which should be by the end of the month. Don't think I can afford littlebigplanet 2 now though which is a shame unless some money appears out of no where.
I dont know why but i really like that medal, haha :L

Its a shame its such a rip off though, I mean if you look at assassins creeds one its like spit compared to the amount of stuff you get.

Chris
12-08-2010, 09:56 PM
The only problem with getting hardened is it has to be signed and no one will be in when it comes so I would have to go pick it up blah blah blah.

dbgtz
12-08-2010, 10:02 PM
The only problem with getting hardened is it has to be signed and no one will be in when it comes so I would have to go pick it up blah blah blah.

Haha I probably wont be in school at the time of COD (due to personal reasons, dont ask), or my brother will just get it.

Dusty-09
13-08-2010, 08:54 AM
Vid shows a zoom on the sniper? Maybe you can have different zoom levels, x2 x4 x8 etc.

Prestige is mint compared to some pervy NVG made from china and the hardened is also great but I think I'll just buy a standard copy.

dbgtz
13-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Nice spot. Maybe they're doing is like bolt actions again and when you unlock the norm scope, if you get so many kills with that you get the 2 zooms scope (or w/e it would be called).

Also I imagine the rc car will also be made in china.

Grippz
13-08-2010, 11:18 AM
They do look really good, I won't purchase any of the special editions though as I have no where in my room to put the extras you get with them :P. Regular copy for me ;)

dbgtz
13-08-2010, 11:34 AM
according to best buy the maps are zombies
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/call-of-duty-black-ops-hardened-edition-playstation-3/10147900.aspx?path=5bc3d72734633ecfa47078b0bc0fc59 5en02

will be a pisstake if it is.

Chris
13-08-2010, 11:56 AM
Well if you think how successful zombies was, they would be stupid not to do it. I think zombies in this one will be much bigger and much more improved.

Fez
13-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Communist Zombies.

I'm in.

samsaBEAR
13-08-2010, 03:45 PM
according to best buy the maps are zombies
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/call-of-duty-black-ops-hardened-edition-playstation-3/10147900.aspx?path=5bc3d72734633ecfa47078b0bc0fc59 5en02

will be a pisstake if it is.
I'd consider it a piss take if zombies aren't in it

Ardemax
13-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Looks goood, but I don't get the remote control car... what's special about it?

dbgtz
13-08-2010, 04:59 PM
its got a camera and mic, woo

and i consider it a pisstake as its just like iw bringing cod4 maps into mw2 :l

Chris
13-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Analysis of the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXhOhxbkgVw&feature=player_embedded

Some interesting things in there actually.

samsaBEAR
14-08-2010, 12:11 PM
its got a camera and mic, woo

and i consider it a pisstake as its just like iw bringing cod4 maps into mw2 :l
No it's not at all, it's them bringing back a stupidly popular game mode into their next game. Gears Of War 3 is bringing back Horde mode from GoW2, is that a piss take?

Fez
14-08-2010, 12:36 PM
It's nothing like bringing COD4 maps into MW2, separate game mode. Good one even.

They'll likely do some new things with it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!