PDA

View Full Version : Whats better? Cod or battlefield series?

Chris
13-08-2010, 10:22 PM
As title states, which is better? The cod series or the battlefield series? To me, cod will always be the fps giant.

Your opinions?

-Adam
13-08-2010, 10:27 PM
COD for gameplay, But Battlefield sounds are immense, and the fact that you can actually blow the buldings. COD+BF game in one would be amazing.

samsaBEAR
14-08-2010, 12:12 PM
Like Adam said, the destructive environments are something I sort of wish COD would have, especially when you're firing a Predator missile and it's like 'lol no there's a building here, sorry'.
Having said that, I'm not a huge fan of the way Battlefield works, I personally think the maps are far too big, I played the Beta and had problems actually finding anyone to kill/the bomb things you had to plant.

dbgtz
14-08-2010, 12:35 PM
COD overall, better designs in how things work, graphics etc and just more fun imo. I know mw2 is 600p but it still looks a hell of a lot nicer then BC2, must be the engine I guess?
Plus the campaign in BF:BC2 was just dull as hell, didnt get through much.

Fez
14-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Why is it always about graphics?

I don't care anymore, MW2 beat the FPS freak out of me.

Jam
14-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Battlefield, always hated Call of Duty.

Ardemax
14-08-2010, 02:57 PM
as soon as cod7 arrives, cod will be the pwn of the year(s)

yeah cos cod7 is basically cod+bf in one (from what it looks like)

Neil
14-08-2010, 10:11 PM
as soon as cod7 arrives, cod will be the pwn of the year(s)

yeah cos cod7 is basically cod+bf in one (from what it looks like)

No it looks like CoD + CoD + CoD + CoD in one.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 > Any current CoD game but we'll see about CoD7, I'm sure Battlefield 3 will come out on top eventually but that's just how it is.

Also MW2 does NOT look better than BC2 in anyway, not sure what's wrong with your TV or whatever but there is no way MW2 looks better.

dbgtz
14-08-2010, 10:19 PM
No it looks like CoD + CoD + CoD + CoD in one.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 > Any current CoD game but we'll see about CoD7, I'm sure Battlefield 3 will come out on top eventually but that's just how it is.

Also MW2 does NOT look better than BC2 in anyway, not sure what's wrong with your TV or whatever but there is no way MW2 looks better.

in my opinion, it does. BC2 was the biggest bore of a game ive ever played, even more boring then killzone 2 thats how boring I think it is. The only campaign mission I enjoyed was the bit about the world war 2 thing. Plus I didn't understand what was going on, at least in most games I understand what's going on. Also just in case you think im hating on BF as a series im not, I liked 1943. (BC2 and 1943 being the only ones ive played).

Fez
14-08-2010, 10:32 PM
in my opinion, it does. BC2 was the biggest bore of a game ive ever played, even more boring then killzone 2 thats how boring I think it is. The only campaign mission I enjoyed was the bit about the world war 2 thing. Plus I didn't understand what was going on, at least in most games I understand what's going on. Also just in case you think im hating on BF as a series im not, I liked 1943. (BC2 and 1943 being the only ones ive played).

Did you play the BC2 multiplayer?

j0rd
14-08-2010, 10:33 PM
Call of Duty
Havnt played Battlefield so i wouldnt know different

dbgtz
14-08-2010, 10:35 PM
Did you play the BC2 multiplayer?

Yeah, didn't really like it at all. The size of the map and the game mode.
I only played with my friends but now we all find it boring and havn't played it since like May-ish.

Even then I still rarely went online and it wouldn't be for long.

Firehorse
14-08-2010, 10:51 PM
Put battlefield's interactivity and maps along with COD's weapons layout and then you have the best of both worlds.

Camy
16-08-2010, 12:45 AM
Hmm, cod.
Battlefield is good and all, but I just prefer the fluidity of cod. Although, I do prefer the sniping in battlefield.

-Adam
29-08-2010, 11:24 PM
Put battlefield's interactivity and maps along with COD's weapons layout and then you have the best of both worlds.

I think maybe BF's bulding destruction, sounds with COD's weapon layout, maps and movement would be better

Oleh
30-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Sniping in battlefield is perhaps the only way i can manage to play it.

-Adam
31-08-2010, 02:15 AM
IMO, people expected to much from BF:BC2, and unfortunately the developers couldnt give the expectations.

Yupt
31-08-2010, 03:45 AM
I prefer Battlefield, the maps are big, there's no where to hide. There's no such thing as a flipping kill streak, and it's more of a small team game, play with your mates kinda thing.

JerseySafety
31-08-2010, 08:24 AM
I like COD the best, mainly because of the awesome Killstreaks, even though there getting better in Black Ops. :)

Lost_Addict
31-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Medal of honour pwns all. End.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!