View Full Version : y is

scottish
14-08-2010, 02:25 PM
contains filtered word

tít

why is that filtered wen u can say boob

Hecktix
14-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Boob is a more globally appropriate word than the three letter alternative.

scottish
14-08-2010, 02:37 PM
but end of day its the same thing i dnt see reason behind it bein filtered ;s

Hecktix
14-08-2010, 02:38 PM
but end of day its the same thing i dnt see reason behind it bein filtered ;s

Does that mean we should filter poo, penis and vagina? As ****, **** and ***** are filtered.

Caution
14-08-2010, 02:40 PM
A *** is a bird, I might want to talk about this bird on the forum. Should be unfiltered..

Hecktix
14-08-2010, 02:42 PM
A *** is a bird, I might want to talk about this bird on the forum. Should be unfiltered..

In that case we would have to unfilter everything else that has a double meaning... like you could say a ***** is a cat... just no.

Caution
14-08-2010, 02:43 PM
In that case we would have to unfilter everything else that has a double meaning... like you could say a ***** is a cat... just no.Jesus, is that filtered as well.. :rolleyes: You might want to say ***** referring to a cat though. Stupid really.

scottish
14-08-2010, 02:44 PM
no just unfilter the other ones init

contains swearin
díck shouldnt filtered anyways as its a common name lol

however
contains filtered word
tít is hardly a bad word lol.. compared to S_ _ _

Hecktix
14-08-2010, 02:45 PM
There will be no changes to the filter as stated many times in the past by Forum & General Management :)

scottish
14-08-2010, 02:46 PM
who needs to listen to members opinions eh

Hecktix
14-08-2010, 02:49 PM
You know very well we listen to members Scott however our filter is something that won't be changed - it's become much more lax over the past 12 months and it was said then that no more changes would be made, I am sticking to that.

scottish
14-08-2010, 02:51 PM
So give me a specific reason as to the word

contains filtered word
tít

being filtered without referring to other words or pulling the 'we wont b changing it' card

Nixt
14-08-2010, 02:58 PM
We're not changing it because that word is more inappropriate than it's boob alternative. Furthermore if I were to say

Scott, you big boob! It's not at all offensive whereas the word you are using has a more malicious edge. Furthermore I don't see any real reason why anyone would need to use the word particularly as we have a more suitable alternative. It will not be unfiltered.

scottish
14-08-2010, 03:01 PM
I find that very offensive brb while i report u

If someone calls you a T word it's hardly offensive either, and if you found it that way theres a report button which gets it removed anyways

that excuse fails as i could easily ask for 'stupid' 'idiot' etc to be filtered as someone saying

'____ you idiot' you'd find that rude so :P

Nixt
14-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Fair point, but I don't think there is any reason to unfilter any more words that could be used maliciously when there is already a suitable alternative and I don't see a great need to use the word on the forum anyway. It would just be pointless.

scottish
14-08-2010, 03:05 PM
At same time no point in having pointless words filtered.

It's like the D word, it's a common name, yes it can be used to be rude but it would also be removed, if someone really wanted to be rude they could do so anyways that shouldn't be filtered either imho.

Catzsy
14-08-2010, 03:13 PM

It's like the D word, it's a common name, yes it can be used to be rude but it would also be removed, if someone really wanted to be rude they could do so anyways that shouldn't be filtered either imho.

That's very true with the D one but how could the T one be used without offence apart from a bird which is highly unlikely. It is a pretty course word which I am sure most female members find quite offensive.

Hecktix
14-08-2010, 03:23 PM

It's fair enough saying that but then you couls say unfilter everything and remove it when used inappropriately.

Nemo
14-08-2010, 03:27 PM
wait wait wait, *** is filtered? LOL. im sorry, but thats just ridunkulous.

Sharon
14-08-2010, 03:28 PM
It's fair enough saying that but then you couls say unfilter everything and remove it when used inappropriately.

I don't see the problem with that either.

As Rosie said the word is quite offeensive to females

scottish
14-08-2010, 03:33 PM
'You have nice ****' (not saying that 2 anyway just as an example of it bein said

I can see that being very offensive.... lol seriously

Hecktix
14-08-2010, 03:34 PM
'You have nice ****' (not saying that 2 anyway just as an example of it bein said

I can see that being very offensive.... lol seriously

It's somewhat inappropriate though...

scottish
14-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Not if you're dating them

GoldenMerc
14-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Not if you're dating them
depends what base u got to on a previous meet.
if you got base 3 then thats acceptable, if you only got base 1 then no.

scottish
14-08-2010, 03:40 PM
in any case if you say to ur gf u have nice **** i somewhat doubt shes gna go mad n dump u for bein rude/offensive to her lol

Nixt
14-08-2010, 03:43 PM
It would be extremely ungentlemanly of you, though! The fact is the examples you are giving are nothing but crude and unnecessary. There is no reason to unfilter the word, when there is a perfectly fine alternative and it seems to me that the word is only going to be used to make inappropriate comments. It's staying in the filter, and before this thread goes any further off topic I am closing it. It doesn't need to remain open anyway, because we are not changing the filter and we are simply not budging on this matter.

Thanks for your feedback :).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!