PDA

View Full Version : City Link

Dan2nd
14-08-2010, 04:25 PM
I ordered something from Amazon for next day delivery and am now waiting for City Link to arrive..

Today was the day they were supposed to deliver and still no one has turned up.

I've checked their website and have found that the depot nearest to me closes at 12.00pm on Satudays so I'm now unable to ring them to find out whats going on.

The Planned Delivery date says today and the last 'update' on Amazon says in Transit. However when I checked City links website it says is being prepared for dispatch....

Does anyone know from previous experience if this means I'm not going to get it today?

If so does anyone know if Amazon or city link are likely to refund the delivery charged I paid since this would pretty much mean I've paid for next day delivery and got it on monday which is 3 days later. :(

:LUFC:
14-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Well i dont think they deliver on weekends, and the next working day is monday so it should still come then.
And its still next day ( next working day ) so i dont think youll get a refund.

Dan2nd
14-08-2010, 05:18 PM
But the only reason I ordered from Amazon is because it said and I quote 'Order now with Express Delivery and get it 14 August!'

Also as seen on the below screen shot it says todays date :l

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/7703/shotq.png

I also find it a bit shocking that according to their website it arrived at their depot at 03.59am and they still failed to deliver it on time considering my local depot is 20 mins away...

Firehorse
14-08-2010, 10:55 PM
If it's guarenteed to be delivered today and you paid more than a standard delivery fee then you might be elegible for compensation.

Recursion
14-08-2010, 11:17 PM
If it's guarenteed to be delivered today and you paid more than a standard delivery fee then you might be elegible for compensation.

Highly unlikely, the most they'll do is refund the delivery cost.

Contact Amazon.

Nalfar
15-08-2010, 10:03 AM
Highly unlikely, the most they'll do is refund the delivery cost.

That is compensation...

Recursion
15-08-2010, 10:37 AM
That is compensation...

Compensation would be a refund + more money for having to wait or whatever. He isn't going to get anymore than what he paid for the delivery, so it isn't compensation.

MattFr
15-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Unless it said guaranteed, I doubt there is much you can do.

louder
15-08-2010, 11:35 AM
you may have booked it past like 1:30pm or whatever it is to make it eligible for next day delivery. so you'll have to wait until monday i'm afraid.

Dan2nd
15-08-2010, 01:26 PM
I was contacted by Amazon and got £8.99 refunded instead of £4.99 not sure why I got more.. but meh at least I got the money back still annoying though!

I also sent an e-mail to CityLink asking why it was delivered and how i'm meant to know when it's going to arrive now.

louder
15-08-2010, 06:15 PM
I was contacted by Amazon and got £8.99 refunded instead of £4.99 not sure why I got more.. but meh at least I got the money back still annoying though!

I also sent an e-mail to CityLink asking why it was delivered and how i'm meant to know when it's going to arrive now.

you can't know when it will be delivered. you just have to wait unfortunately.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!