PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

PaulMacC
15-08-2010, 05:01 PM
I purchased it recently. One of the best purchases I've made in a while. Make sure you do it right now while it's only like £8-ish. I personally would have a harder time recommending it to people when it goes 20 euros, but right now it's a super deal. It's really fun to just go on every now and then when you're tired of CoD or whatever and just want to relax. And once you get on you can easily waste hours. It's really fun and addicting. So yeah, buy it.
Currently it is in alpha and costs €9.95. That price will double once it reaches beta, when multiplayer has a few more bugs worked out. Which is scheduled to be happen over the next week.Buying it now will get you every version released prior to your purchase for free.

Anyone wanting an idea of the game it is a sandbox open world game, you are placed in a world and have to survive by using tools. You mine for resources, kill animals, build shelters and defend yourself from enemies. It sounds dumb but have a look at this guys ongoing playthrough - http://www.youtube.com/user/davidr64yt#p/c/E005D335B57338D1

For anyone wanting to buy - http://www.minecraft.net/

Thread stuck by dinasaw (Forum Super Moderator): With Permission of Jamesy (Forum Manager)

Unstuck by Recursion (Forum Moderator) with permission from xxMattGxx (General Manager): Pretty redundant thread

Nemo
15-08-2010, 05:03 PM
You ****. I was actually 2 minutes away from making a thread aobut it, i havent bought it so i dont have survival mode, but u can play for free with just creation mode. I also have a server if anyone wants to play, flatland etc. etc. So yeah, come and play on it.
http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp?server=96b24521a09f70f57f002490261492ee

and might i say, it is very addicting to build just random stuff.

PaulMacC
15-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Whats the difference between the paid version and the free?

Nemo
15-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Whats the difference between the paid version and the free?
Paid version has survival mode and creation, whilst free has just creation (no mobs or night time, just building with blocks). You can still create servers and all that in the free version, but if you pay then u can create survival mode servers which people seem to love. Havent played it myself.

Pyroka
15-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Tbh it sounds a bit like Travian... Like the concept, but obv it's better equipped.

PaulMacC
15-08-2010, 05:10 PM
I just bought it, going to tidy my room and then play Survival mode.

Pyroka
15-08-2010, 05:11 PM
I'll check it out tonight. Been lazy as.

Nemo
15-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Tbh it sounds a bit like Travian... Like the concept, but obv it's better equipped.
sure, whatever. :p

I just bought it, going to tidy my room and then play Survival mode.
Make sure u come on my server though, i'll consider buying it when i get some money, since it is really fun. But i just want my server to populate! Ive got like 5 active people including myself.

Fez
15-08-2010, 05:51 PM
NEED to buy this.

Stephen
15-08-2010, 09:01 PM
need to spend my money on other things but this looks well cool lol. I didn't know it had a survival thing like that, I thought it was just **** building blocks game

Nemo
15-08-2010, 10:38 PM
need to spend my money on other things but this looks well cool lol. I didn't know it had a survival thing like that, I thought it was just **** building blocks game
HEh nope, and i bought the game a few hours ago, and have been playing it since. Survival mode is awesome.

Stephen
15-08-2010, 11:52 PM
i didn't know there was a free survival beta :o

Nemo
16-08-2010, 12:17 AM
i didn't know there was a free survival beta :o
Wait what, theres a free survival? O.o never knew that. Where?

Stephen
16-08-2010, 02:30 AM
its only like a demo beta thing, you can't craft or anything

Nemo
16-08-2010, 03:12 AM
its only like a demo beta thing, you can't craft or anything
oh ok. ive been playing survival (paid rememba)for so long now, its mad-good.

PaulMacC
16-08-2010, 06:18 AM
Been playing all night, for like 9 hours. Dug and found Diamond, Obsidian, Gold and Red Ore. Plus the basic ores. If you dig down 5 spaces and press F5 you can see the underground passage via a glitch. Also, here is a greenhouse I made out of glass and wood to farm some bread from crops.
http://i38.tinypic.com/fuyb8.jpg

Nemo
16-08-2010, 10:47 AM
Been playing all night, for like 9 hours. Dug and found Diamond, Obsidian, Gold and Red Ore. Plus the basic ores. If you dig down 5 spaces and press F5 you can see the underground passage via a glitch. Also, here is a greenhouse I made out of glass and wood to farm some bread from crops.
http://i38.tinypic.com/fuyb8.jpglol u loser. Although to be fair, i was playing loads and would have played more, but i didnt really wanan do an all nighter again. And damn, i havent found anything about iron/steel, but i dont really wanna cheat with that glitch, otherwise i might aswell just use the editor and get 100 of each. Nice greenhouse though, u playing on normal yeah?

Stephen
16-08-2010, 12:55 PM
i lost my place on the first night and I searched miles for coal and couldn't find any of it and i was digging up some sand and a creeper went behind me and blew me up so i rage quit

Nemo
16-08-2010, 01:16 PM
i lost my place on the first night and I searched miles for coal and couldn't find any of it and i was digging up some sand and a creeper went behind me and blew me up so i rage quit
Haha. Yeah, i went on a search for steel and found loads, then realised i had no idea where i was, had to use this editor thing to change where my character was D:

Nemo
16-08-2010, 01:36 PM
I started a new survival game, and my lil cave that i created is ontop of a dungeon, so im always hearing those damn scary noises D:

Stephen
16-08-2010, 02:33 PM
this game is so fun. I built my cave in a mountain and made an upstairs lookout point with glass windows. The creepers pissing me off though. Blew my cave to pieces and killed me twice now. I've spammed my area with torches and found out im right near my cave (Y) might go on a trip to look for stuff and leave a torch trail

Nemo
16-08-2010, 02:57 PM
this game is so fun. I built my cave in a mountain and made an upstairs lookout point with glass windows. The creepers pissing me off though. Blew my cave to pieces and killed me twice now. I've spammed my area with torches and found out im right near my cave (Y) might go on a trip to look for stuff and leave a torch trail
Wait, did u buy the game? Seems like a lot for a demo :P

But yeah, the fact the map goes on as long as you do is quite mad really, so easy to get lost unless u put a tower that is absolutely massive on the top of ur house/cave. Mine started out as a cave, but now its kind of a luxury dungeon :P Building a massive farm-like area ontop of it, with a wall so its like a fort. Its a mini island also, so if i wanted i could just light up the whole thing and have no worries but i cba. Will take a pic when its done

Fez
16-08-2010, 03:02 PM
I'm not sure my crappy comp will be able to run it.

Sad face.

Nemo
16-08-2010, 03:11 PM
I'm not sure my crappy comp will be able to run it.

Sad face.
You've the graphics...right?

Axel
16-08-2010, 03:14 PM
You've the graphics...right?

My friend can't run it on his laptop, which can run stuff like Wow fine. Just because it looks ****, it is a bit graphic intensive.

Stephen
16-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Wait, did u buy the game? Seems like a lot for a demo :P

But yeah, the fact the map goes on as long as you do is quite mad really, so easy to get lost unless u put a tower that is absolutely massive on the top of ur house/cave. Mine started out as a cave, but now its kind of a luxury dungeon :P Building a massive farm-like area ontop of it, with a wall so its like a fort. Its a mini island also, so if i wanted i could just light up the whole thing and have no worries but i cba. Will take a pic when its done

torrented it until i have money to buy it loll I probably will buy it though because I wanna play multiplayer and stuff

Nemo
16-08-2010, 03:34 PM
My friend can't run it on his laptop, which can run stuff like Wow fine. Just because it looks ****, it is a bit graphic intensive.
Sure it gets slightly laggy when theres LOADS of stuff, but turn your view distance to the second lowest and you'd be super-fine. And u can change how good the graphics are anyway, so really it isnt that bad.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6928/minecrafts.png

and stephen u suck.

Stephen
16-08-2010, 04:33 PM
im gonna buy it now tbh. My bday is soon so I guess I can spare losing £8 out of my £9 in my bank. Plus I can sell a few games on ebay if I wanted to so yeah

BUYING NOW

and ive got plans of what im gonna build.

It's gonna be an island and in the middle it's going to have a ladder leading up to a watch tower

paint plan below

http://i38.tinypic.com/205f2mr.png

I'm not sad one bit

Nemo
16-08-2010, 04:41 PM
im gonna buy it now tbh. My bday is soon so I guess I can spare losing £8 out of my £9 in my bank. Plus I can sell a few games on ebay if I wanted to so yeah

BUYING NOW

and ive got plans of what im gonna build.

It's gonna be an island and in the middle it's going to have a ladder leading up to a watch tower

paint plan below

http://i38.tinypic.com/205f2mr.png

I'm not sad one bit
Haha. Lookin good. but you wont need a watch tower if you're on an island that is lit reasonably well since they wont have anywhere to spawn.

Im currently preparing to venture down the dungeon that is in my island and hopefully wont die D: Will hopefully find some lava that can be put to good use.

Stephen
16-08-2010, 04:52 PM
make traps for the enemies. Pressure plates and loads of tnt. now that would be great

can the monsters go in the water?

and aren't they planning to add sea monsters and wolves that you can tame as pets lol

WTFFFFFF paypal just screwed me over.

Just bought minecraft and used my old card number, it said that I had to use another card so I put all my new card details in, bought it again and it said it again. Went on my bank site and the money was taken out but paypal has no record of me paying. ****

PaulMacC
16-08-2010, 05:00 PM
What I do is dig a hole down as far as it'll go and then explore. When I want to get up I jump and place dirt underneath me, it creates a rising tower you can ride :)

Nemo
16-08-2010, 05:16 PM
make traps for the enemies. Pressure plates and loads of tnt. now that would be great

can the monsters go in the water?

and aren't they planning to add sea monsters and wolves that you can tame as pets lol

WTFFFFFF paypal just screwed me over.

Just bought minecraft and used my old card number, it said that I had to use another card so I put all my new card details in, bought it again and it said it again. Went on my bank site and the money was taken out but paypal has no record of me paying. ****
Yeh some can go in water (zombies can, spiders cant, not sure bout creepers). And dno bout sea monsters, but wolves yeah.

Pissed.

wtf though, i went down in the dungeon, started making all the scary noises and i get to the end of it, nothing there. :l

Stephen
16-08-2010, 05:54 PM
die paypal die. I guess im gonna have to use the torrented one until and if paypal refund my ******* money

Nemo
16-08-2010, 06:01 PM
die paypal die. I guess im gonna have to use the torrented one until and if paypal refund my ******* money
Most unlucky D:

Turns out it wasnt a dungeon, and that theres lots of random lil holes around (well i knew that), but dungeons are rare. negh.

PaulMacC
16-08-2010, 06:02 PM
I found 10 pieces of Diamond in a cave way way underground, win

Stephen
16-08-2010, 06:10 PM
i remember when i tried it for the first time, I decided to just mess about and keep digging down until I hit the lava and ended up finding a cave made out of gold. There was like over 20 blocks of it lol and then i hit down into the lava

Nemo
16-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Decided to do some mega-digging. Found 66 pieces of redstone ore and about 30 or so pieces of iron, yet to find any diamonds or gold :l.

No cheating ofc. Gonna take me ages again to get out D:

Stephen
16-08-2010, 06:39 PM
so is there a multiplayer survival?

Nemo
16-08-2010, 06:58 PM
so is there a multiplayer survival?
Yeah, i might set up a server since ive got a creation one but no one really seems to go on it besides like 5 ppl, and i hear SMPs fill up SO quickly. So atleast it'd be used, would be quite nice to have. I dunno, ill see how easy it is to setup in comparison and if i can run both at the same time or not.

Managed to get back to my house with 128 redstone ore and 48 iron ore. Good loots me thinks. Also, ive learnt how to make a powered minecraft train-esque thing, so i might connect it to another island or something.

Stephen
16-08-2010, 07:08 PM
well if paypal refund my money then id go on it. we can go on a journey to the center of the earth!

i think im in an unlucky spot on the world im on on the torrented mc. I found loads of coal and now all there is is stone, sand and dirt, even when i dig deep. I might just leave all my items behind except a pickaxe and shovel and dig til I find something then if i die i can just find the hole and make a stairway

Nemo
16-08-2010, 07:22 PM
well if paypal refund my money then id go on it. we can go on a journey to the center of the earth!

i think im in an unlucky spot on the world im on on the torrented mc. I found loads of coal and now all there is is stone, sand and dirt, even when i dig deep. I might just leave all my items behind except a pickaxe and shovel and dig til I find something then if i die i can just find the hole and make a stairway
Why would u die anyway if you're underground? :P And i think non-paying people can go on MSP, but ill check it out and see. If you can go on without paying then ill look into it tonight and see if i can make it.

Axel
16-08-2010, 07:26 PM
Survival mode is baby tier compared to The Dude.

Nemo
16-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Survival mode is baby tier compared to The Dude.
Im gonna delete it and make u feel bad, only takes me 2 clicks ;D

Nemo
16-08-2010, 07:45 PM
oh yeah, i asked and found out that u cant play SMP unless u pay

Axel
16-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Im gonna delete it and make u feel bad, only takes me 2 clicks ;D

Why would you delete the best part of your server?

Nemo
16-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Why would you delete the best part of your server?
jodie's dragon is pretty good to be fair.

If i made an SMP server, who would use it?

Fez
16-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Bought it, runs like crap but it works.

Nemo
16-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Bought it, runs like crap but it works.
Press esc -> options -> turn down graphics to lowest and view distance to lowest until it runs smoothly. If that doesnt fix it, good lord help your pc.

Stephen
16-08-2010, 08:49 PM
ouch i just dug a deep stairway and fell into a cave of zombies who raped me

Nemo
16-08-2010, 08:52 PM
ouch i just dug a deep stairway and fell into a cave of zombies who raped me
I think i got this common bug where **** dont spawn. rather annoying but kind of nice (even tho i could switch to peaceful if i wanted that :L).

Hurry up and sort ur paypal and ill make the server.

Fez
16-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Turned down all the graphics, still runs laggy, but it's damn awesome.

Already in the process of doing the complete opposite of mining...

Yeah..

Nemo
16-08-2010, 09:03 PM
Aha. Wow at ur pc then :P I wanna get atleast a few ppl from hxf to play SMP before i make a server D:

Fez
16-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Aha. Wow at ur pc then :P I wanna get atleast a few ppl from hxf to play SMP before i make a server D:

I'll try and get on to SMP, sounds like fun. Is it versus or work together or whatever you make it?

And yes my computer sucks massive testicles.

Nemo
16-08-2010, 09:25 PM
I'll try and get on to SMP, sounds like fun. Is it versus or work together or whatever you make it?

And yes my computer sucks massive testicles.
whatever you make it really, if you really wanted u culd go and break someones fort as night falls and run the **** back to yours. Gonna have a bath in a bit then ill start trying to make it, reckon itd be fun with just one hxf'er and a load of randomers

Fez
16-08-2010, 09:33 PM
whatever you make it really, if you really wanted u culd go and break someones fort as night falls and run the **** back to yours. Gonna have a bath in a bit then ill start trying to make it, reckon itd be fun with just one hxf'er and a load of randomers

As soon as the game starts, I shall dig into the ground and bury myself. For forty Minecraft days, I shall lie in wait, then I shall come out of the pit and troll everyone. I'll build walls in their mines, destroy their ladders, take all of their stuff.

It will be epic.

Nemo
16-08-2010, 09:41 PM
As soon as the game starts, I shall dig into the ground and bury myself. For forty Minecraft days, I shall lie in wait, then I shall come out of the pit and troll everyone. I'll build walls in their mines, destroy their ladders, take all of their stuff.

It will be epic.
To be fair, if i made it public, id make one of the rules not to grief :P since thats one of the many unspoken rules across all servers. But if its private, then who knows, could have mini-wars, would make it that lil bit more hard.

Fez
16-08-2010, 09:42 PM
To be fair, if i made it public, id make one of the rules not to grief :P since thats one of the many unspoken rules across all servers. But if its private, then who knows, could have mini-wars, would make it that lil bit more hard.

It's not grief, it's eccentric villainy.

PaulMacC
16-08-2010, 09:43 PM
I have 27 pieces of diamond, get in my son.
Also - http://www.minecraftwiki.net
For tips etc.

Nemo
16-08-2010, 09:44 PM
I have 27 pieces of diamond, get in my son.
Also - http://www.minecraftwiki.net
For tips etc.
yeah, the crafting guide (http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Crafting) is immensely useful. Would you play on my server pauly? ;D

PaulMacC
16-08-2010, 09:54 PM
That means I have to start from scratch :'[

Nemo
16-08-2010, 10:25 PM
That means I have to start from scratch :'[
Get over it liek.

Stephen
16-08-2010, 10:37 PM
if they do give my money back then it'll probably take a few days. If they don't give the money back then im gonna rage because there's no record of paying through paypal. I guess whatever took the money will show on my bank statement in a few days though so I should have proof of it.

Paypal is so stupid. Grrr

Pyroka
16-08-2010, 10:39 PM
Paullll I dont like this look of this game :(

Stephen
16-08-2010, 10:41 PM
ryan you must get it. We can all bum eachother on it

Nemo
16-08-2010, 10:44 PM
You get over the terrible graphics once u start building.

Axel
16-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Paullll I dont like this look of this game :(

That's good.

I dunno if I'll buy it, I can't imagine it as a proper game, I just use it as a sandbox to piss around.

Nemo
16-08-2010, 10:46 PM
That's good.

I dunno if I'll buy it, I can't imagine it as a proper game, I just use it as a sandbox to piss around.It really is a proper game, and considering hes adding more and more things, i doubt itll get tiresome soon. and if u really want a challenge, can play it on hard. And its only £8.35, hardly breakin the bank

and lol subtle hostility.

Axel
16-08-2010, 10:47 PM
It really is a proper game, and considering hes adding more and more things, i doubt itll get tiresome soon. and if u really want a challenge, can play it on hard. And its only £8.35, hardly breakin the bank

and lol subtle hostility.

I have better things to spend my money on.

Nemo
16-08-2010, 10:50 PM
I have better things to spend my money on.
Like what!?

Axel
16-08-2010, 10:51 PM
Like what!?

Mah new shoes.

Nemo
16-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Mah new shoes.
How much they cost? Without going too offtopic

Axel
16-08-2010, 10:56 PM
I dunno yet, depends what people choose.

Stephen
16-08-2010, 11:04 PM
you can craft shoes in minecraft........... well shoe armor

Fez
16-08-2010, 11:05 PM

I crafted all of my armour out of wood.

I now blend in with the environment.

DisguiseLAD

Nemo
16-08-2010, 11:08 PM
I dunno yet, depends what people choose.
fool.

im too cheap to make it out of anything except for leather :( Havent found any gold or diamonds and i like my steel for minecarts.

PaulMacC
17-08-2010, 12:00 AM
I've got diamond armor, blingLAD

Nemo
17-08-2010, 12:04 AM
I've got diamond armor, blingLAD
Well im gonna make a train, how u feel

no wait i was meant to make a server, **** iforgot. gonna do it now

Fez
17-08-2010, 12:09 AM
Well im gonna make a train, how u feel

no wait i was meant to make a server, **** iforgot. gonna do it now

I won't be able to join until tomorrow.

Nemo
17-08-2010, 12:25 AM
I won't be able to join until tomorrow.
itll most likely take me a while considering im so new to this ****, so itll probably be up tomoro when i get back from shopppppping! So itll probably be PROPERLY up on wednesday.

PaulMacC
17-08-2010, 02:11 AM
He made it tonight, we played but there are so many bugs.

Nemo
17-08-2010, 02:44 AM
He made it tonight, we played but there are so many bugs.
So far we've only found furnaces, buckets and TWITCHGLITCH. Oh and the lack of night. Im sure i can fix all of em by downloading those mods n ****.

Stephen
17-08-2010, 11:39 AM
still no money back :( funny thing is. the money taken out is less than what the game costs so wtf at that

Nemo
17-08-2010, 11:53 AM
still no money back :( funny thing is. the money taken out is less than what the game costs so wtf at that
Bahahaha.

Why do minecart tracks cost so much >;l

Stephen
17-08-2010, 01:32 PM
has anyone farmed obsidian yet? I'd love to make a safe room out of it lol

PaulMacC
17-08-2010, 05:16 PM
has anyone farmed obsidian yet? I'd love to make a safe room out of it lol
I have about 80 blocks of it, pretty hard to mine but easy to find.

Stephen
17-08-2010, 05:24 PM
it takes like a minute to mine it. i think diamond pickaxes go through it easy though

PaulMacC
17-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Diamond pickaxes take 15 secs per square.

Stephen
17-08-2010, 07:10 PM
i hope notch or whatever his name is adds settings so you can change the day and night times to whatever you want. I'd prefer a longer day and shorter night. I always go looking for coal and then think oh yay when i find it and then when ive just climbed a cliff the sun goes down soi then i have to wait ages to explore outside again

Nemo
17-08-2010, 09:16 PM
i hope notch or whatever his name is adds settings so you can change the day and night times to whatever you want. I'd prefer a longer day and shorter night. I always go looking for coal and then think oh yay when i find it and then when ive just climbed a cliff the sun goes down soi then i have to wait ages to explore outside again
I didnt really want any obsidian so havent mined it. Meh. Also, havent got any ******* DIAMOND yet ;l. Although havent played at all today.

Also, there's an editor if u want that i can link you. It allows you to set it to day and night (so if u get fed up of either, just go boom day, or boom night), allows u to put ur coords on the map where you player is, and change ur spawn point also (so if u get lost, just set ur coords to where ur spawn point is), and u can edit the map and loads of other stuff. I personally have only put my character back at the spawn point since i didnt really wanna cheat, and i got REALLY REALLY REALLY lost.

Nemo
17-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Yer i think im gonna just leave the survival server until most of the annoying bugs are fixed with, should hopefully be a week and maybe stephen and some others will have bought it by then. Until then, we have my creation server if u wanna go on it, its up more than it isnt.

http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp?server=96b24521a09f70f57f002490261492eeht tp://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp?server=96b24521a09f70f57f002490261492ee

Stephen
18-08-2010, 12:55 PM
knowing my luck, paypal will fix when minecraft is in beta

Nemo
18-08-2010, 01:01 PM
knowing my luck, paypal will fix when minecraft is in beta
Hope so, coz then atleast beta will coem quickly!

Stephen
18-08-2010, 01:53 PM
shutup :( The price will go up aswell

Hiro
18-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Overrated. /v/ more

Stephen!
18-08-2010, 03:47 PM
Charging for an Beta, even worse an Alpha version of a game? They're worse than EA.

What a joke. Test versions should be free. Why pay for a 20% bug game?

Nemo
18-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Charging for an Beta, even worse an Alpha version of a game? They're worse than EA.

What a joke. Test versions should be free. Why pay for a 20% bug game?Its one guy, an adult, whos working on this on his own. He needs some way of funding it to make it something. It also doesnt feel like an alpha, im 1000000000% sure you haven't played it, because you'd find the single player is actually, 98% bug free (ive been playing it a lot, only found 2 bugs. One was that i couldnt start a new game in save slot 3 (theres 5 slots so hardly matterers), and the other was a small patch of the land being completely black and me turning black when walking into it, but its so small i havent seen it apart from when i respawn.

Also, you get creation mode for free, which me and a lot of friends played on for a lot of time, and lots of people still do. Not to mention its only £8.35, hardly breaking the bank.

Judging a game you seemingly know NOTHING about, what a joke.

Nemo
18-08-2010, 04:34 PM
oh yeah, went on a little excavation dig on my new save (last time!) Found lots of iron, finally found some gold, and finally found 2 diamonds, and then some redstone.

My castle-house-thing, and ofc that greenhouse i copied from paul ;D

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/5918/minecraftc.jpg

dont really know what to do with my gold + diamonds

Stephen
18-08-2010, 05:22 PM
gold is useless because you can't do anything with it except make weapons but steel is stronger than gold weapons so gold is ****. Diamond weapons are good though because they last ages so save up for a diamond pickaxe tbh

Nemo
18-08-2010, 05:24 PM
gold is useless because you can't do anything with it except make weapons but steel is stronger than gold weapons so gold is ****. Diamond weapons are good though because they last ages so save up for a diamond pickaxe tbh
Meh. The gold farming things (its name has escaped me) has 1024 uses, but yeah, apart from that it seems gold is rather useless. Will just turn that into the farming thing and turn the diamonds into weapons when i can. Coooool beans.

Also, cant think of anything cool to do with the redstone.

Stephen
18-08-2010, 05:28 PM
I cant find iron anywhere. I built my place on a beach and turned it into an island. The moat outside is deep so every morning there's always a zombie or something jumping about in it. Plus I've got tons of arrows because the beach is surrounded by hundreds of gravel blocks (H)

Might have to dig for iron in a minute

and make automatic doors with pressure plates lol

Nemo
18-08-2010, 05:30 PM
I cant find iron anywhere. I built my place on a beach and turned it into an island. The moat outside is deep so every morning there's always a zombie or something jumping about in it. Plus I've got tons of arrows because the beach is surrounded by hundreds of gravel blocks (H)

Might have to dig for iron in a minute

and make automatic doors with pressure plates lol
Just dig deeper and deeper, i just make a staircase-esque tunnel and go on til i hit obsidian, then dig back up and then down etc. And ive got like a nice little fort, the back of my house is a downward drop so there's nothing there, but those zombie things that fire arrows are ridiculous. I killed like 3 creepers and a spider, took no dmg, then that thing comes, breaks all my leather armor, i eat 4 breads, and died, but i still only got 1 hit on it. The knockback just means it kites me to crap D:

gogo.

Mehhhhhhhh. Maybe.

Fez
18-08-2010, 06:45 PM
I have a sky fortress.

It took hours to build.

I am winner.

Stephen
18-08-2010, 07:48 PM
i made a mining room and found a cave with loadsssss of iron :D but im done for tonight. I'm gonna dig to the bottom of the world and search for redstone and diamonds tomorrow

PaulMacC
18-08-2010, 11:17 PM
red stone is so complex, unless you are a genius it is useless. Someone made a TNT cannon with it though

Nemo
18-08-2010, 11:39 PM
red stone is so complex, unless you are a genius it is useless. Someone made a TNT cannon with it though
i NEVER get gun powder so cry.

and my god, my creation server suddenly exploded in popularity. had 15 people on at once earlier.

Stephen
18-08-2010, 11:42 PM
I've got an infestation of creepers so I have like 10 gunpowder.

They keep getting stuck in my moat so I just shoot them with arrows every morning

i havent made tnt yet though. One tnt crafting makes 3 tnts doesn't it?

Fez
18-08-2010, 11:55 PM
I have begun the task of flooding the land, completely ridding it of any opportunity to mine or to farm. The animals and creepies will wither and die.

Why do I do this?

For the lulz.

Nemo
19-08-2010, 12:06 AM
I have begun the task of flooding the land, completely ridding it of any opportunity to mine or to farm. The animals and creepies will wither and die.

Why do I do this?

For the lulz.Isnt the land infinite though? gonna take u awhile

Fez
19-08-2010, 12:46 AM
Isnt the land infinite though? gonna take u awhile

I will eventually work out a system where for every new land that is generated, it will be instantly flooded.

My sky fortress can come in handy.

Nemo
19-08-2010, 12:50 AM
I will eventually work out a system where for every new land that is generated, it will be instantly flooded.

My sky fortress can come in handy.
If you say so :P and my god, ive got like 50 posts in this one thread. This is bad.

Fez
19-08-2010, 01:37 AM
I tried taking screens of my sky fortress, crashed the game, ended up loading up a 20 minute earlier save. The one where I was trapped in a cavern looking for packets of water.

Stephen
19-08-2010, 01:27 PM
so annoying. Paypal disabled my card so i contact them and asked if they can enable it again and the guy says he has but i looked and he hasn't so now I gotta add my bank account again which will take like 2 days and I'm still missing that money that paypal stole from me so hopefully it cancels it. And now im putting another fiver in my bank account so when my bank account is confirmed, i can buy minecraft again and hopefully not have my money stolen

Stephen
19-08-2010, 01:44 PM
omg wtf! £2 just went out of my bank again after confirming my card

Account balance: £8.09 (im poor)

Available balance: £3.09

£1 of it was what paypal took to confirm my card so that'll get refunded but over £7 more has gone off the available balance when i tried to buy minecraft and confirm my card

im scared

http://forum.novatech.co.uk/archive/index.php/t-18026.html

Nemo
19-08-2010, 01:56 PM
You sir, are well pissed. You got time anyway, MP is still buggy as hell

Stephen
19-08-2010, 05:16 PM
got more time? I'm too scared to put anymore money in my account incase paypal steal that too

Nemo
19-08-2010, 05:27 PM
got more time? I'm too scared to put anymore money in my account incase paypal steal that too
Well the guy posted in his blog;

The last couple of weeks have been pretty crazy. Lots of different people have wanted to talk to me, and I’m spending a lot of time trying to decide where to take Minecraft and Mojang (the company making Minecraft).
I’m going away on a personal trip to Finland next week, and the day after I get back, I’m flying to northwestern USA to speak to some of my idols.
I like being totally transparent, but since this involves third party people, I don’t know how much I can say; but I can tell you what I want.
I would love to hire some people and set up a small development studio in Stockholm. This would include additional programmers, and someone in charge of the website and community features. And an artist that can make a nicer glass texture.
I am not interested in changing the openness of how minecraft is developed, nor do I have any intention of selling the product to anyone else; I want to be the one developing it.
My development speed has gone down lately because of all this crazy cool but scary stuff happening, but I promise you it will go up again soon, regardless of what happens.
As to my trip to the US; I will be in Bellevue, Washington from August 30 to September 2. I don’t know exactly what my schedule is yet, but I’d be more than willing to meet players from that area as long as you promise not to be creepy. ;) We can try to work out the details over twitter.

so doesnt seem like beta is coming anytime soon and that means no rise in price, but still get that crap sorted when u can :p

Stephen
19-08-2010, 06:05 PM
****kkkkkk i found diamond in the bottom of my mining room and didn't have an iron pickaxe so i climbed my ladder to get to my workbench and fell and died and now I can't find my place anywhere. I remember following water but i followed it for like 2 minecraft days and nothing

Nemo
19-08-2010, 06:09 PM
****kkkkkk i found diamond in the bottom of my mining room and didn't have an iron pickaxe so i climbed my ladder to get to my workbench and fell and died and now I can't find my place anywhere. I remember following water but i followed it for like 2 minecraft days and nothing
put some torches down where u r, download cartographer, look for ur house (Should be lit up i imagine), look for where ur torches are now and then walk in relation to that.

Stephen!
19-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Its one guy, an adult, whos working on this on his own. He needs some way of funding it to make it something. It also doesnt feel like an alpha, im 1000000000% sure you haven't played it, because you'd find the single player is actually, 98% bug free (ive been playing it a lot, only found 2 bugs. One was that i couldnt start a new game in save slot 3 (theres 5 slots so hardly matterers), and the other was a small patch of the land being completely black and me turning black when walking into it, but its so small i havent seen it apart from when i respawn.

Also, you get creation mode for free, which me and a lot of friends played on for a lot of time, and lots of people still do. Not to mention its only £8.35, hardly breaking the bank.

Judging a game you seemingly know NOTHING about, what a joke.

I guess you're right. I apologise. I shouldn't really judge the game before playing it.

Nemo
19-08-2010, 06:19 PM
I guess you're right. I apologise. I shouldn't really judge the game before playing it.
Hehe, its ok. I would definitely give it a go though.

Axel
19-08-2010, 06:37 PM
I kinda wanna buy meinkrampft but I don't like using paypal ;x

Fez
19-08-2010, 06:45 PM
My house is falling apart, and I don't know why.

The actual roof is coming apart, it's made out of cobblestone. Everytime I go up to resupply (it's in the sky, highest point), there's two or three blocks missing.

Stephen
19-08-2010, 07:17 PM
I'm digging around the bedrock where i found my diamond. Found ****loads of redstone.

Thanks for that nemo, found where I am :) Didn't realise I was so far away though lol. Died again. So stupid i dont die from mobs, I die from being an idiot and destroying a block that 's in midair

Nemo
19-08-2010, 07:19 PM
I'm digging around the bedrock where i found my diamond. Found ****loads of redstone.

Thanks for that nemo, found where I am :) Didn't realise I was so far away though lol. Died again. So stupid i dont die from mobs, I die from being an idiot and destroying a block that 's in midair
Yer, but im still really bad with redstone.

Np, should probably build a large pillar with a torch on top to find where u are easily next time. And yeah, me two generally, but thats coz i run away from monsters coz they scare the **** out of me.

Also graham and titch are on my server atm D:

Stephen
19-08-2010, 08:51 PM
died again. Jumped out of the map. I'm using an older version so I got loadsssss of bugs. When I die all my stuff that I dropped vanishes :S Oh well I guess ill start again when i buy it anyway so I might aswell just mess about

Nemo
19-08-2010, 09:13 PM
died again. Jumped out of the map. I'm using an older version so I got loadsssss of bugs. When I die all my stuff that I dropped vanishes :S Oh well I guess ill start again when i buy it anyway so I might aswell just mess about
loltorrent.

ahhhhh i got all these noob hxfers on my server. cloggin it up wit their noobness.

Axel
20-08-2010, 05:33 PM
I made a present for leah.

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1643/lolllllm.png

Nemo
21-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Some of the stuff jody makes is mad, for example;l
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/2411/spacemarine.png

and i agree with your message tom
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/1692/tomd.png

wixard
21-08-2010, 03:04 PM
loltorrent.

ahhhhh i got all these noob hxfers on my server. cloggin it up wit their noobness.

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!! i wanna play again but i have work waa, be on at 2am

Nemo
21-08-2010, 03:07 PM
HEY!!!!!!!!!!!! i wanna play again but i have work waa, be on at 2am
:P k. ive been getting complaints about tom n graham griefing, god dman you people.

wixard
21-08-2010, 03:12 PM
:P k. ive been getting complaints about tom n graham griefing, god dman you people.

bahahaha, tom and his flowers CLASSIC.
okay i'm going to learn to properly play this time, and not just keep getting burried alive or pushed in lava

Nemo
21-08-2010, 03:16 PM
okay i'm going to learn to properly play this time, and not just keep getting burried alive or pushed in lava
its terrible.

n mmhk, we'll try not to box u in again, that was pretty damn funny though.

Ardemax
21-08-2010, 08:48 PM
that is the most fun ive had in like an hour

someone visit my house? lol

flat room 2 there is a big house sign in yellow righting and just follow the tunnel, it's under there :P

Oleh
25-08-2010, 01:42 AM
I recently purchased it (stupidly as i need £170 - £200 to fix my pc and i barely have £90) Can't run it but i recently acquired £130 from mum for my GCSE results and then another £70 from mazuma. so that should cover it :).

I may record a Let's play thing on friday onwards seeing as thats when i get my pc back.

Muct
25-08-2010, 05:35 AM
Already play it lol, not tested out the aplha yet but I'm planning on buying it soon, atm I'm just chilling in the multiplayers :L
Hate it tbh when you dig down too deep and suddenly lava or water comes chasing after you, and you're trying to get out smashing blocks for ages :l

Nemo
25-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Already play it lol, not tested out the aplha yet but I'm planning on buying it soon, atm I'm just chilling in the multiplayers :L
Hate it tbh when you dig down too deep and suddenly lava or water comes chasing after you, and you're trying to get out smashing blocks for ages :l
if thats on multiplayer then that person has physics turned on and thats just their map, not on all. can u come on my server so i can ban u tho pls?

Stephen
27-08-2010, 01:46 PM
so the money got refunded and i was like yay thanks paypal. So I go to buy the game again.. "You can't use this card blahblahblha" AGAIN. So I contact paypal and they say that halifax is rejecting my payment. So I was like grrr. Anyway I go to check my bank account and money's been removed AGAIN. It's not paypal, it's ****** halifax that's stealing my money. Everytime I fail to pay for something on paypal, halifax takes like quarter of the failed payment out of my bank account and puts it back after a week...............

When that money gets put back, im gonna take my money out and cancel my halifax. Move somewhere that doesn't steal your money for a week

im so gonna be buying minecraft when it's in beta at the rate halifax has destroyed my online payment life :(

Oleh
27-08-2010, 02:16 PM
HSBC have been loyal to me, id suggest using them.

Josh
27-08-2010, 03:38 PM
I want to buy this. I just went on quickly and dug down. LOL.

http://i34.tinypic.com/otl154.png

Stephen
27-08-2010, 06:04 PM
im gonna try transferring money from my bank account to my paypal so i dont have to use my card. So 5-7 days ill be in spain so after that i'll see if it worked!

PaulMacC
27-08-2010, 07:29 PM
Who is jody?

Nemo
27-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Who is jody?
Back from when i played wow, she was a friend of mine. Talk to her on vent lots. Why?

samsaBEAR
27-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Noob question here, if I get the game and join a server with you guys/other people, is it possible to like collab and build epic **** together?
I played the free version and I just spent an hour and a half building a house. It was the best thing in the world, but now my clicking finger hurts.

:LUFC:
27-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Noob question here, if I get the game and join a server with you guys/other people, is it possible to like collab and build epic **** together?
I played the free version and I just spent an hour and a half building a house. It was the best thing in the world, but now my clicking finger hurts.

You dont need to buy the game to join the servers, you just to need to make an account and youll be able to build epic **** with everyone

Oleh
27-08-2010, 11:45 PM
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/1456/minecraftv.png

I didnt plan for that.

Oleh
28-08-2010, 12:14 AM
I didnt plan for this either.

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/4327/failum.png

samsaBEAR
28-08-2010, 10:21 AM
You dont need to buy the game to join the servers, you just to need to make an account and youll be able to build epic **** with everyone
Ah right, I tried to make an account and it just hung on the register screen. It said at the top that the servers were being overwhelmed so I'm gonna give it a few days and try again.

Nemo
28-08-2010, 10:42 AM
Ah right, I tried to make an account and it just hung on the register screen. It said at the top that the servers were being overwhelmed so I'm gonna give it a few days and try again.
Come on my server mate, log in first anywhere, and then click this link.

samsaBEAR
28-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Come on my server mate, log in first anywhere, and then click this link.
Well it still won't let me register, so I'll keep on trying, but I have a question. In Minecraft, is there actually like a point to the game? Because I've always just seen people build cool stuff, is that the point of the game or is that just what everyone does?

Nemo
28-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Well it still won't let me register, so I'll keep on trying, but I have a question. In Minecraft, is there actually like a point to the game? Because I've always just seen people build cool stuff, is that the point of the game or is that just what everyone does?
It wont let you to register to minecraft? I can make you an account for you if you want.

And in creation mode, yeah. People just create stuff and look at others. Trust me though, when you're building something big, it can take up a lot of time. And then you've got survival mode that you gotta pay for, that doesnt really have a point either other than to survive the days and get loads of cool ****. Who knows ,its only in alpha :P

Oleh
28-08-2010, 11:56 AM
The game is basically, Mining crafting building and surviving (in the beta there will be zombies on servers

samsaBEAR
28-08-2010, 12:17 PM
It wont let you to register to minecraft? I can make you an account for you if you want.

And in creation mode, yeah. People just create stuff and look at others. Trust me though, when you're building something big, it can take up a lot of time. And then you've got survival mode that you gotta pay for, that doesnt really have a point either other than to survive the days and get loads of cool ****. Who knows ,its only in alpha :P
Yeah, I fill in all the forms, type in the captcha and when I click register it just hangs, nothing happens.
I've seen videos where people have to mine and combine stuff, but when I play I just have all different types of boxes, is it because I'm playing the free version? They also have little hearts (which I assume are lives) at the bottom

Nemo
28-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Yeah, I fill in all the forms, type in the captcha and when I click register it just hangs, nothing happens.
I've seen videos where people have to mine and combine stuff, but when I play I just have all different types of boxes, is it because I'm playing the free version? They also have little hearts (which I assume are lives) at the bottom
ill make you an account and pm the details, what name did u want though?

And yeah thats survival (paid), where u can combine stuff to make stuff and build and the hearts are your health not lives ;p unlimited lives but yeah. Have to pay for that version (or torrent it, but then its got a lot more bugs i hear)

Stephen
28-08-2010, 02:05 PM
yay new torrent out for the latest minecraft. That'll satisfy me until i can actually buy the game

Fez
28-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Does the server have an IP, can't connect in browser.

Nemo
28-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Does the server have an IP, can't connect in browser.
Try and connect using the WOM client?

Fez
28-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Try and connect using the WOM client?

Still doesn't work.

Nemo
28-08-2010, 03:30 PM
Still doesn't work.
Whats stopping it? have u allowed java?

Josh
28-08-2010, 03:52 PM
I bought the game anyway. I "got it" some other place until my bank processes the payment. I was playing it and made an epic little home and the zombies could never get in.

I also tried your server earlier and there were so many griefers... I was trying to make a tree and they just ruined it many times.

Nemo
28-08-2010, 03:54 PM
Are you on that server you have in the second post in this thread? If so, I'm coming on right now!
yeh, well im not on atm but the server is. But its getting rather busy atm strangely :P so not sure if you'll be able to get on (might be full) i could up it by 1 :p

Josh
28-08-2010, 03:57 PM
Haha. Yeah, it was full... I'll play another time.

Also, something else to add. Alpha made me jump IRL alot. Every morning, I would emerge from my basic cave I made and one of the suicide bomber creature things would like, fall on top of me every time. It was really freaking annoying. I editted my post above by the way.

Nemo
28-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Haha. Yeah, it was full... I'll play another time.

Also, something else to add. Alpha made me jump IRL alot. Every morning, I would emerge from my basic cave I made and one of the suicide bomber creature things would like, fall on top of me every time. It was really freaking annoying. I editted my post above by the way.
Ah ok, yeh its not usually this busy but hey whatever ;p

And god yes, they're scary as hell. I discovered a massive cave and the amounts of noises and mobs that are in there is scary as hell. im pretty sure its a dungeon but i havent gotten to the end of it yet. Not sure if i want to venture back there yet, scares me so much since i just really didnt wanna die.

And yeah, there tends to be griefers, can be a bit annoying. Just report them to an op or just say it in chat. I sometimes check chat if im at the pc and if an op is then they'll deal with em. By report i mean type it in chat saying blahblah is griefing and if ones on, they should deal with it. u can see if ones on by typing /players ^^

Josh
28-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Ah ok, yeh its not usually this busy but hey whatever ;p

And god yes, they're scary as hell. I discovered a massive cave and the amounts of noises and mobs that are in there is scary as hell. im pretty sure its a dungeon but i havent gotten to the end of it yet. Not sure if i want to venture back there yet, scares me so much since i just really didnt wanna die.

And yeah, there tends to be griefers, can be a bit annoying. Just report them to an op or just say it in chat. I sometimes check chat if im at the pc and if an op is then they'll deal with em. By report i mean type it in chat saying blahblah is griefing and if ones on, they should deal with it. u can see if ones on by typing /players ^^

Haha. I had 2 saves so far. I have done really well and made heaps of good first bases. My first one was great and then I dug in a corner, and there was a huge cavern down there and it had heaps of spiders etc. It scared the hell out of me so I made a new game just incase I accidently dug that spot!

Nemo
28-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Haha. I had 2 saves so far. I have done really well and made heaps of good first bases. My first one was great and then I dug in a corner, and there was a huge cavern down there and it had heaps of spiders etc. It scared the hell out of me so I made a new game just incase I accidently dug that spot!
Ive used up all 5 coz i like restarting a lot :L but anyway, getting out was scary as hell, because id looted quite a lot of iron, some gold and some redstone (NO DIAMOND READFESFKSOD) so i really didnt wanna lose it. I'd run out of torches because i'd gone so far despite having 64 before going in, and thats why i was leaving coz i couldnt venture any further. And then i got back to the entrance to it and it was night time outside and i oculd hear the spiders outside and the creepers (they're the bombers) walking about. It was actually so damn scary. I managed to get out eventually though by waiting it out til sunrise atleast, but god damn.

Josh
28-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Ive used up all 5 coz i like restarting a lot :L but anyway, getting out was scary as hell, because id looted quite a lot of iron, some gold and some redstone (NO DIAMOND READFESFKSOD) so i really didnt wanna lose it. I'd run out of torches because i'd gone so far despite having 64 before going in, and thats why i was leaving coz i couldnt venture any further. And then i got back to the entrance to it and it was night time outside and i oculd hear the spiders outside and the creepers (they're the bombers) walking about. It was actually so damn scary. I managed to get out eventually though by waiting it out til sunrise atleast, but god damn.

Haha. I didn't even attempt a dungeon. I just dig around in my cave. It's worse doing it at midnight IRL. I get heaps of rock and stuff and don't know where to go from there. Just dig downwards or what?

Nemo
28-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Haha. I didn't even attempt a dungeon. I just dig around in my cave. It's worse doing it at midnight IRL. I get heaps of rock and stuff and don't know where to go from there. Just dig downwards or what?
I was lucky to find it tbh, but im still not sure if its a dungeon or not. And what i do if i wanna just dig to find stuff is like dig a staircase downwards, and whenever it gets a bit dark then pop a torch on the side of the wall, then its easy to get back up. Managed to find a massssiveeeeeee lava spring by doing that, aswell as a hugeeeeeeee pool of water. tis great.

Josh
28-08-2010, 04:16 PM
I am lucky enough to find coal!

Pazza
28-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Just bought it, sooo addictive :L

Nemo
28-08-2010, 04:36 PM
I am lucky enough to find coal!negh, just do what i said, you'll find loads of coal

Josh
28-08-2010, 04:42 PM
I am on the server. There is a tower there that hadnt even started when I went on a few hours earlier. How do you build so fast?

Also, how do you make water on the server?

Fez
28-08-2010, 04:43 PM
Whats stopping it? have u allowed java?

Allowed Java, just comes up and freezes.

Nemo
28-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Allowed Java, just comes up and freezes.
Well its definitely a firewall, i had that problem before. I had to turn off my firewall or find the specific thing to allow it. Its a bit annoying but yeah

I am on the server. There is a tower there that hadnt even started when I went on a few hours earlier. How do you build so fast?

Also, how do you make water on the server?

idk, ppl build at their own speeds

type /water and then any block u put will be water. type /water again and itll go. If u wanna get rid of it, put a normal block on it then destroy that

Plean
28-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Its ok not that fond on it

samsaBEAR
28-08-2010, 04:58 PM
ill make you an account and pm the details, what name did u want though?

And yeah thats survival (paid), where u can combine stuff to make stuff and build and the hearts are your health not lives ;p unlimited lives but yeah. Have to pay for that version (or torrent it, but then its got a lot more bugs i hear)
Ah that'll be sweet thanks, just make it samsaBEAR please :)

Nemo
28-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Ah that'll be sweet thanks, just make it samsaBEAR please :)
Okay didnt work for me either :P must be down i guess

Pazza
28-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Time to see if this will work with my xbox controller xD

Firehorse
28-08-2010, 07:05 PM
I've only played the classic version in the browser, still a bit sceptical... It looks good but I want to try the full version before I pay for it.

Stephen
28-08-2010, 07:43 PM
I've only played the classic version in the browser, still a bit sceptical... It looks good but I want to try the full version before I pay for it.

if you want to try survival then the newest minecraft version is on piratebay

ecstasy
28-08-2010, 08:19 PM
Okay didnt work for me either :P must be down i guess
just went on your server, ran around aimlessly and then someone dug me into a hole and i got stuck
safe to say im not entirely sure how to play it yet :)

Nemo
28-08-2010, 08:21 PM
just went on your server, ran around aimlessly and then someone dug me into a hole and i got stuck
safe to say im not entirely sure how to play it yet :)Haha, oh dear :P Theres controls at the bottom!

Firehorse
28-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Bought it

Nemo
28-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Bought it
lol :P tell us what u think later

Firehorse
28-08-2010, 10:19 PM
lol :P tell us what u think later

Addictive, i've been on it for several hours since the moment I paid. Creating a mega long tunnel... cos I can't seem to find anything apart from coal and rock.

Nemo
28-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Addictive, i've been on it for several hours since the moment I paid. Creating a mega long tunnel... cos I can't seem to find anything apart from coal and rock.
Go further down, thats where u tend to get the better loots. I trust your first night went badly? mine was absolutely horrible

Firehorse
28-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Go further down, thats where u tend to get the better loots. I trust your first night went badly? mine was absolutely horrible

Nope was fine, setup a shelter, a workbench and gathered some coal immediately. Later then dug the shelter out to make it roomy, added a door etc.

I passed some lava, but blocked it off because of a skeleton shadow.

Nemo
28-08-2010, 10:33 PM
Nope was fine, setup a shelter, a workbench and gathered some coal immediately. Later then dug the shelter out to make it roomy, added a door etc.

I passed some lava, but blocked it off because of a skeleton shadow.
ah nice. i had to go all the way to the bottom of the map to get some lava. and my first night i had no idea what i was doing so i didnt realise that night came so quickly and was soon raped by spiders n the like. Also didnt know much about torches which didnt really help, but then read a guide n it was fine.

Wish notch would stop going to all these meetings and make SMP actually work like single survival, i'd actually run my server then

Oleh
28-08-2010, 10:39 PM
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/6623/towers.png (http://img266.imageshack.us/i/towers.png/)

Finally, finished just as night came which is nice

FlyingJesus
28-08-2010, 11:13 PM

I don't even grief it's just that kid who hates me and thinks anything I build is griefing. Literally the only thing I've destroyed that isn't my own is Graham's house when I first joined because it was funny.

Also what are the maps you can actually do stuff on now? Not even gonna try it on this crap pc but flat3 called itself "oldflat3" or something and wouldn't let me build which was kinda boring

My amazing garden is still there because I made the case that it wasn't on anyone elses building area and deleting it would be griefing. Best thing in the game except for my flower tower tbh

Dekans
28-08-2010, 11:19 PM
I bought the game its so addictive!! :) I found 8 pieces of diamond then i hit unbreakable rock :( So far ive got a greenhouse, An underground tree farm, A skylight 2000 :) A fort and thats it

Nemo
28-08-2010, 11:25 PM
I don't even grief it's just that kid who hates me and thinks anything I build is griefing. Literally the only thing I've destroyed that isn't my own is Graham's house when I first joined because it was funny.

Also what are the maps you can actually do stuff on now? Not even gonna try it on this crap pc but flat3 called itself "oldflat3" or something and wouldn't let me build which was kinda boring

My amazing garden is still there because I made the case that it wasn't on anyone elses building area and deleting it would be griefing. Best thing in the game except for my flower tower tbh

I got rid of all the flats and just archived them so they didnt get griefed anymore, and now theres just the guest area because i got so many griefers everyday when i werent on it just wasnt worth going back to backups every 5 minutes, so now idc bout guest and wipe it everyday

FlyingJesus
28-08-2010, 11:33 PM
Well that's gay is there a way of making more ranks than just guests and OP so then you could let guests be spacks and people you know won't break the whole world as "members" or something who can actually do stuff in flats guessing this is possible from how you already have builders with special perms

Nemo
28-08-2010, 11:35 PM
Well that's gay is there a way of making more ranks than just guests and OP so then you could let guests be spacks and people you know won't break the whole world as "members" or something who can actually do stuff in flats guessing this is possible from how you already have builders with special permsYeh i've got banned, guests, builders, advbuilders, ops and me. and then i have builder worlds where onlyt hey can build/destroy

FlyingJesus
28-08-2010, 11:41 PM
See then my idea is brilliant because there's no point in those of us who actually enjoy building stuff but aren't deemed good enough to be builders going on if everything we do gets wiped daily anyway

Axel
28-08-2010, 11:48 PM
See then my idea is brilliant because there's no point in those of us who actually enjoy building stuff but aren't deemed good enough to be builders going on if everything we do gets wiped daily anyway

Well if you build something good and get builder then it'll stay in builder for ever. There's no point keeping guest cos it's just full of random ****, and it gets archived anyway if you do /go museum ## (or something, can't remember the command).

Nemo
28-08-2010, 11:48 PM
yeh but usually i just use that as like a 'trial' area where if i can see that person aint gonna wipe ****, then they can be a builder

Josh
30-08-2010, 02:08 PM
I bought it a few days ago, waiting for bank to process it. But I must say; I am bloody hooked. thx for nuthin

jackass
30-08-2010, 04:46 PM
I bought this a few hours ago, and have been playing it non-stop since!

I'm a bit confused though, i've build my own cave/base sorta thing, but I can't see any skeletons at all, only cows and pigs?

Also, how do you separate materials? Because i've got like 30 blocks of stone, but I need 3 separate 10 blocks of stone each, to make a stone pickaxe...?

Nemo
30-08-2010, 04:55 PM
I bought this a few hours ago, and have been playing it non-stop since!

I'm a bit confused though, i've build my own cave/base sorta thing, but I can't see any skeletons at all, only cows and pigs?

Also, how do you separate materials? Because i've got like 30 blocks of stone, but I need 3 separate 10 blocks of stone each, to make a stone pickaxe...?
hit escape -> options -> make sure its NOT on peaceful. Also skeletons + zombies only spawn in the dark, and despawn when the suns comes up (usually see them running about on fire), spiders n creepers stay though.

Right click.

jackass
30-08-2010, 04:59 PM
hit escape -> options -> make sure its NOT on peaceful. Also skeletons + zombies only spawn in the dark, and despawn when the suns comes up (usually see them running about on fire), spiders n creepers stay though.

Right click.

Ah okay thanks. :D

It's on Normal. Do I have to go out looking for the skeletons and stuff, because night or day, i've never seen any out of my viewing hole. :P

Nemo
30-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Ah okay thanks. :D

It's on Normal. Do I have to go out looking for the skeletons and stuff, because night or day, i've never seen any out of my viewing hole. :P
Well they usually spawn in a radius AROUND you, and only in pure darkness (so if you've got torches next to you, nothing)., if they still aren't spawning then its like just a bug, remember, tis still in the alpha :P

Firehorse
30-08-2010, 05:15 PM
I'm running a minecraft classic server if anyone wants to visit and help build stuff http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp?server=6e1dbe2cf4e8633fb8393d36b1c09e94 (on my pc, won't be always online)

jackass
30-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Well they usually spawn in a radius AROUND you, and only in pure darkness (so if you've got torches next to you, nothing)., if they still aren't spawning then its like just a bug, remember, tis still in the alpha :P

Ah, I see! I've got torches around my base, so that's probably why. :P

I'm building a farm. ;)

Nemo
30-08-2010, 05:29 PM
Ah, I see! I've got torches around my base, so that's probably why. :P

I'm building a farm. ;)
hehe yeah, but after the night if u look in the distacne u shuld be able to see a few, unless you're on like an island :P

jackass
30-08-2010, 05:47 PM
hehe yeah, but after the night if u look in the distacne u shuld be able to see a few, unless you're on like an island :P

I went out onto the highest mountain last night, and couldn't see or hear anything around. It's constantly snowing by the way, does that change anything?

Firehorse
30-08-2010, 05:49 PM
I went out onto the highest mountain last night, and couldn't see or hear anything around. It's constantly snowing by the way, does that change anything?

I was given a snow level on my first world. Gets a little annoying since theres a layer of ice and snow on everything, but other than that its mostly decorative - you can walk on the frozen water which is a plus.

Nemo
30-08-2010, 05:53 PM
You can make snowballs and stuff, but as far as mobs spawning it doesnt mean anything, could just be a bug in ur save file. Make a new game, wait for it to get to night and see if it still happens.

Stephen
30-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Notch should add changing weather or seasons because when you're stuck on a snow level it's so annoying.#

Also if you see a spider during the day, they don't attack unless you go right next to them or hit em

Axel
30-08-2010, 06:48 PM
Apparently Notch went to Valve, this could be good.

Nemo
30-08-2010, 06:48 PM
Notch should add changing weather or seasons because when you're stuck on a snow level it's so annoying.#

Also if you see a spider during the day, they don't attack unless you go right next to them or hit em
Ive had 5 saves, played lots on each of them and still havent even seen a glimpse of snow ;(

Fez
30-08-2010, 08:11 PM

Sounds great.

Firehorse
30-08-2010, 08:16 PM

Could be brilliant, although I hope this doesn't mean having to buy it again from steam.

Stephen
30-08-2010, 08:22 PM
why could him going to valve be good?

Oleh
30-08-2010, 08:52 PM
Have a team of developers, garry went to valve and got it. now garrys mod went from awsome to "frickin super awsome dude"

i just hope valve dont make it $30 straight off the bat and all us who already paid, have to pay again

Fez
30-08-2010, 08:55 PM
Have a team of developers, garry went to valve and got it. now garrys mod went from awsome to "frickin super awsome dude"

i just hope valve dont make it $30 straight off the bat and all us who already paid, have to pay again

Valve are Valve, they would never pull stuff like that. They'd give everyone, who has already paid, a free copy of the game and a TF2 hat. Because they're Valve.

Personally I can't wait to see what becomes of his visit.

jackass
30-08-2010, 08:59 PM
I'm so addicted to this game, seriously. Some of the landscapes that are created when a new world is generated are just awesome!

Stephen
30-08-2010, 09:09 PM
How can minecraft get any better than what it is? It's blocks. You mine stuff, you build stuff, you have monsters during the night, you have everything that minecraft is. Notch is making more gamemodes so it's going to be better, he's adding scripting so people can mod their servers, he can easily add more block types, he's going to add more enemies etcetc. I don't see what valve can do to make the game better that he can't do to make the game better :l

Ever thought they might of just decided to invite a developer over to have a chat since minecraft is getting extremely popular plus he's going to be selling it on the steam store

Fez
30-08-2010, 09:20 PM
How can minecraft get any better than what it is? It's blocks. You mine stuff, you build stuff, you have monsters during the night, you have everything that minecraft is. Notch is making more gamemodes so it's going to be better, he's adding scripting so people can mod their servers, he can easily add more block types, he's going to add more enemies etcetc. I don't see what valve can do to make the game better that he can't do to make the game better :l

Ever thought they might of just decided to invite a developer over to have a chat since minecraft is getting extremely popular plus he's going to be selling it on the steam store

Well Valve have multiplayer expertise, they have Steam support and I think that more work can be done on the game with a full dev team.

Nemo
30-08-2010, 09:22 PM

Helps with the actual proccess of the coding n whatnot, i imagine its a sizable task to sort out EVERYTHING on his own from marketing to all the bugs, aswell as new developments.

FlyingJesus
30-08-2010, 09:31 PM
yeh but usually i just use that as like a 'trial' area where if i can see that person aint gonna wipe ****, then they can be a builder

Cool you can make me a builder then as I don't delete anything other than my own stuff :P

jackass
30-08-2010, 09:51 PM
I think many things can be improved, fixed and updated.

The water, for example, can go horribly wrong and flow very strangely.

ben
30-08-2010, 11:00 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/52/Kyle_Moar.jpg Minecraft videos, thx

Nemo
30-08-2010, 11:05 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/52/Kyle_Moar.jpg Minecraft videos, thx
i'd make some, but im afraid it'd be horribly boring and repetitive.

ben
30-08-2010, 11:13 PM
pauls are entertaining to watch

Nemo
30-08-2010, 11:26 PM
pauls are entertaining to watch
yeh but hes used to making videos and commentating them, i however aren't :p

ben
30-08-2010, 11:34 PM
How do I find coal its just turned night and I have none so I made a stone box around me

Nemo
30-08-2010, 11:35 PM
How do I find coal its just turned night and I have none so I made a stone box around me
Just find it on the sides of cliffs/underground. You are so ****** when u come out of that box :P what i did when i couldnt find any, was just build a giant pillar, and so they could get to the top but in the morning it was bloody terrifying seeing all the mbos

ben
30-08-2010, 11:38 PM
lmao im scared to punch the brick out the way

omg skeleton outside my box

Stephen
31-08-2010, 02:14 AM
i had a creeper infestation in my place. One morning i went out of my door and swear atleast 10 creepers were on my roof. I tried to screenie but minecraft fails with screenshots in fullscreen

Chippiewill
31-08-2010, 09:27 PM
My Old Hall of BLAH. I turned on the fog for epic effect at the bottom so it looks like it goes on forever, it's a shame you can't see the cool lighting that I have but you have to be standing in exactly the right place for just one row to see it properly. I was planning to build some Mine Cart tracks on the sides but I decided to move to a new world.

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/4648/mc1a.png

My new Lava house, it was originally made of wood but.. that didn't go well :/ :
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/2984/mc2y.png

My Stone Fort AT NIGHT:
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/8172/mc3t.png

My Stone Fort DAYTIME!!! And closeup!:
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4093/mc4.png

FlyingJesus
31-08-2010, 09:35 PM
So like if you buy the full version is solo mode just like a big map that doesn't get wiped and only has you there? Aside from having a limited amount of materials this is

Chippiewill
31-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Well, technically the map is infinite so you have infinite resources... But you gather resources, fight mobs, craft, go mining, play with cool water physics etc.

Stephen
31-08-2010, 11:38 PM
minecraftcon 2010!!!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/gamestick

starting in 20 minutes

Nemo
31-08-2010, 11:41 PM
minecraftcon 2010!!!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/gamestick

starting in 20 minutesWhats it gonna be about? Ill watch it anywho

Stephen
01-09-2010, 12:06 AM
not sure but these guys are late

oh wait notch's twitter...

(http://twitter.com/xnotch)xnotch (http://twitter.com/xnotch) Just so we're clear, I have no idea what we're going to do at minecraftcon 2010. :D

http://www.bj0.org/pictures/creepersuit.PNG

ben
01-09-2010, 12:25 AM
Nice park

Fez
01-09-2010, 12:31 AM
http://www.bj0.org/pictures/creepersuit.PNG

I want one.

W00TZEH
01-09-2010, 02:16 AM
So like if you buy the full version is solo mode just like a big map that doesn't get wiped and only has you there? Aside from having a limited amount of materials this is
It's on piratebay, survival mode singleplayer is good.

Stephen
01-09-2010, 11:33 AM
con was a bit of a letdown streamwise because it kept freezing when notch was answering people's questions.

I think he said that he might keep the water physics how they are but just improve it a little bit

and he said there will be extra clothing space for like capes and stuff

And people gave him ideas for moon cycles.. And then someone said he should add werewolves during full moons which would be cool

Josh
01-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Bank finishs the payment tomorrow for the actual game so I am very happy right now. I watched little bits of the recorded stream (was sleeping during the actual live stream) and despite the quality, some of the things suggested were quite good. Moon cycles... what a beauty. It brings in new natural lighting + a new monster which I think is quite clever. However, I do wish water would work just a little better.

FlyingJesus
01-09-2010, 12:37 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/Stankey/screenshot_20100901024127.png

I am the greatest true story

.Liam
01-09-2010, 12:52 PM
I bought this a few days ago but I find it really addictive at first. But soon after I find it gets boring.

Josh
01-09-2010, 01:03 PM
I bought this a few days ago but I find it really addictive at first. But soon after I find it gets boring.

There is just so much to do... I do agree there is a point where it is very easy. But I like the fact that you make huge structures etc knowing that you started from absoloutely nothing. I wish survival was a little harder and thr AI was smarter. Like, they could also set up a base or somehow make a flint and maybe burn stuff near you. But also, just make more things spawn above ground. Many of the videos on youtube I have been watching (waiting very impatiently for it myself) they have easily got outside, dodged a few monsters, got whatever they needs and got back inside. It's a little too easy.

I had the game on hard (I am just on a out of date version I torrented for now) and I was making a irrigation system underground. I had the waterfall and the start of the system but the ceiling was like, one space from above me and if I hit it in, the water would come in. But if I didn't hit it in, I couldn't fix the issue I was having with water. So I walked out there , dug the lake up a little, one creeper got to me but I dodged it and it actually helped me in a way.

That's probably the only reason it gets boring.

Stephen
01-09-2010, 01:30 PM
thing notch should add is giant red ants that live in the sand. If you walk over a random block of sand, a few seconds later the block breaks and an ant jumped up.

It's alpha still anyway. There's probably hundreds of new things notch can add plus other people will be able to mod their servers to add their own things. New gamemodes etc will make the game unboring

Oleh
01-09-2010, 02:01 PM
Gettin my glitch on.
http://a.yfrog.com/img832/7254/broke.png

Ardemax
01-09-2010, 02:36 PM
has alpha beta thing been updated or something? just been away for a week...

Firehorse
01-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Deos anyone want to try out the survival mode multiplayer? I've been setting up a temporary home server to test it, will try and forward the ports.

Stephen
01-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Found my first dungeon! And it was about 7 blocks down from where I've been getting my sand. I didn't realise they could be so close to the surface :) I just dug the sand up and surrounded it by torches so nothing can spawn and im gonna keep it for entertainment zombie slaying purposes. Didn't really get much from the chest.. Just redstone and 2 pig saddles

http://i53.tinypic.com/14jc4n4.png

Firehorse
01-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Ok, my server is up and i'll leave it online for people to do whatever they like with for the rest of this evening. Landscape and anything layed down should save/backup however it seems your inventory does NOT save when you leave the server.

81.98.22.241:25565 is what you need to type into the ip box in the multiplayer option of the latest paid alpha release. Remember the server will go offline later this evening and is for testing puropses/mucking about on. Will probably save any creations for the next time it's online (consult me for the address since I have a dynamic ip and it will change).

Firehorse
01-09-2010, 06:25 PM
(sorry for double post can't edit)

IP changed, new address: 81.98.20.183:25565

Nemo
01-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Yeah i made a SMP server before, but theres so much more bugs than single player, i just didnt really bother

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!