PDA

View Full Version : What would you class spoilt as?

GoldenMerc
15-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Well im wondering what you think spoilt mean?

Personally i think it means when your parents can't really afford to, but spend ALOT on you.
On the other hand i dont think its spoilt if your parents have the cash to blow it on you.

Mathew
15-08-2010, 10:33 PM
When I think spoilt, I seem to think of a snobby child that doesn't know how much money is spent on them and take everything for granted.

Sharon
15-08-2010, 10:35 PM
When I watch Young Dumb and Living Off Mum or Boys Before Flowers (Korean)

just tells me in reality how unfortunate and fortunate i am

j0rd
15-08-2010, 10:35 PM
When people get alot of money spoilt on them, then show it off

buttons
15-08-2010, 10:36 PM
i only think it's spoilt when you ask and expect to be given what you want & throw a tantrum if you can't get it. i don't think it's spoilt at all if your parents are willing to pay for you even if they can't afford it, it's just the way you repay them that shows if you are not

Special
15-08-2010, 10:37 PM
when you ask for something & you get it, always

Griz
15-08-2010, 10:40 PM
I dont no really because i think if you've earned the money, you can spend it
but i think snobby is like bragging about the money they have,
but they can spend it and not brag.

Axel
15-08-2010, 10:44 PM
Getting a £700 laptop and a Mac just for college.

Mycelium
15-08-2010, 10:46 PM
Dictionary.com:
to impair, damage, or harm the character or nature of (someone) by unwise treatment, excessive indulgence,
etc.: to spoil a child by pampering him.

Petite$
16-08-2010, 07:41 AM
Just watch My Super Sweet 16.

Repair
16-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Well I consider spoilt always wanting more, and expecting it, and if they dont get it arguing for it. Someone i know turned round to his grandparents (millionaires) and said, "I dont care how you live your life, so long as you leave me in the will" I smacked him for that tbqh.

MattFr
16-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Getting a £700 laptop and a Mac just for college.
I was thinking exactly this as soon as I read the title of this thread.

Snobby spoilt kids piss me off, I work hard for all the stuff I have.

Jordy
16-08-2010, 10:02 AM
Not valuing money or appreciating things given to them.

Tintinnabulate
16-08-2010, 11:22 AM
Those who show off what they have and don't realise the value of money.

dbgtz
16-08-2010, 11:52 AM
basically when someone gets something when they either don't need it or don't deserve it.

Samantha
16-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Honestly I think spoilt is when, a child gets anything they ask for. If they don't get it on the first try they beg until the parents give in. The parents don't realise that they are easily won over and the child may appear as spoilt because he/she gets what she wants whenever they want it.

However,I also regard spoilt of snobby people. E.g. The other day I watched 'my super sweet 16 uk' and this 13 year old was the snobbiest, spoilt person I had ever seen! She got anything she wanted, she swore at her parents without being warned, her mother was as snobby as her, and she wouldn't take no for an answer.

Also, another reason maybe when a girl/boy get a lot spent on them even though their parents can't really afford it. (E.g. me) I get a lot of things but neither of my parents work. However, I don't think I'm spoilt, I like a few nice things but I wouldn't go over the top like some. I wouldn't boast as like everyone has more than me. One way I don't think of myself as spoilt is that, people in my class at school get like straightners, tv's, laptops for christmas' that are their personal own. Whereas, me and my sister have to share ours what we get.
But tbh, I think my sister is more spoilt than me, e.g. for christmas I got a dsi, she got a camera, but then she bought herself a dsi, I don't really see how that is fair. I only got one because my ds was broken a bit! Just because she has more money than me (I don't know how) she get's loads more stuff. My mum regards her as her baby girl and she spends loads on clothes, shoes and bags, and I get hardly anything. All I get to do is spend ages in primark, bored out of my head.

RedStratocas
16-08-2010, 07:26 PM
anyone who has something that i dont.

juskiddin, i think its when parents give a child so much that the child doesnt recognize products' difference in worth. if a kid gets whatever he asks for, theres no way he'll know that a candy bar is worth any less than an expensive toy.

it really just depends on how the kid is raised. as long as the parents are teaching the value of whatever they give their kids, i dont have a problem with it, its their money.

-:Undertaker:-
17-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Not valuing money or appreciating things given to them.

Those who show off what they have and don't realise the value of money.

These two explanations I agree with.

Hollie
17-08-2010, 06:02 PM
When someone asks for something and they always get it and take it for granted.

Metric1
17-08-2010, 11:20 PM
getting a brand new car and money for the next 8 months.

Muct
21-08-2010, 11:13 PM
Somebody who gets everything bought for them etc, but doesn't notice it.

Apple
21-08-2010, 11:38 PM
Honestly I think spoilt is when, a child gets anything they ask for. If they don't get it on the first try they beg until the parents give in. The parents don't realise that they are easily won over and the child may appear as spoilt because he/she gets what she wants whenever they want it.

However,I also regard spoilt of snobby people. E.g. The other day I watched 'my super sweet 16 uk' and this 13 year old was the snobbiest, spoilt person I had ever seen! She got anything she wanted, she swore at her parents without being warned, her mother was as snobby as her, and she wouldn't take no for an answer.

Also, another reason maybe when a girl/boy get a lot spent on them even though their parents can't really afford it. (E.g. me) I get a lot of things but neither of my parents work. However, I don't think I'm spoilt, I like a few nice things but I wouldn't go over the top like some. I wouldn't boast as like everyone has more than me. One way I don't think of myself as spoilt is that, people in my class at school get like straightners, tv's, laptops for christmas' that are their personal own. Whereas, me and my sister have to share ours what we get.
But tbh, I think my sister is more spoilt than me, e.g. for christmas I got a dsi, she got a camera, but then she bought herself a dsi, I don't really see how that is fair. I only got one because my ds was broken a bit! Just because she has more money than me (I don't know how) she get's loads more stuff. My mum regards her as her baby girl and she spends loads on clothes, shoes and bags, and I get hardly anything. All I get to do is spend ages in primark, bored out of my head.

I can understand what this must be like as I have friends in similar positions. People can disagree all they like but money can actually buy you happiness. I'm not talking millions and living a life of luxury but just enough money to live a good life with enough money to afford some luxuries. Is there any reason both your parents do not work? If not, in reality they are lucky to even have a roof above their head as they do not have a job or earn a living. In most other countries if you don't have a job then you live on the streets.

I think of spoilt as taking things for granted and not realising the value of money, whether it be a pencil case or a car.

Shar
21-08-2010, 11:39 PM
Somebody who gets everything bought for them etc, but doesn't notice it.
This. Especially if they're parents aren't that wealthy and if they're not grateful for it.

Samantha.
22-08-2010, 10:14 AM
I think spoilt is when someone gets everything they want no matter how much it costs! Snobby/Stuck up person who only cares about themselves.

9y
22-08-2010, 10:25 AM
When you go from being a sponge (a normal child) to a super absorbent natural sponge (a spoilt child)

Catzsy
22-08-2010, 10:30 AM
I don't think it matter how much money people have it's a case of letting a child have everything it wants, materially, and not being set boundaries on their behaviour.

wiktoria
22-08-2010, 10:56 AM
Kids with attitude problems who complain if they don't get what they want

Dean
22-08-2010, 01:58 PM
People that know their parents are rich and they just tend to ask for everything under the sun. They know they're going to get it, so why not?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!