PDA

View Full Version : Swearing After 9PM

Calvin
16-08-2010, 10:49 PM
I personally think 'little' bits of swearing should be allowed after 9PM on HabboxLive. Obviously swearing with about 4+ swearing shouldn't be allowed but if it's a little mistake, such as '****' then it's fine and should be allowed. Most children swear these days and most of them will be in bed if not anyway so it's not really a problem.

What do you think?

Keri?!
16-08-2010, 10:51 PM
Considering it's an international fansite, I doubt this would be allowed.
We do have many american listeners, so the time zones would be different.

Dean
16-08-2010, 10:51 PM
HabboxLive is international like Keri has said so I doubt this would be wise. Swearing isn't really necessary anyway since all music played on air is edited anyway, so what's the point? :P Editing songs for use any time of the day would make it easier, otherwise you'd have to keep a record of the clean and the dirty copies.

GoldenMerc
16-08-2010, 10:52 PM
I personally think 'little' bits of swearing should be allowed after 9PM on HabboxLive. Obviously swearing with about 4+ swearing shouldn't be allowed but if it's a little mistake, such as '****' then it's fine and should be allowed. Most children swear these days and most of them will be in bed if not anyway so it's not really a problem.

What do you think?

Considering it's an international fansite, I doubt this would be allowed.
We do have many american listeners, so the time zones would be different.

Sorted the answer really, now Habbox is a international fansite 9pm in UK may be 3pm over there :(

Nixt
16-08-2010, 10:52 PM
No, we will not allow swearing on HabboxLive. I think you are forgetting we are now a fansite for the international community too, and therefore it may be say, 3 / 4 PM in different parts of North America. It won't be happening.

Calvin
16-08-2010, 11:29 PM
Oh, forgot about the international users. :P

Josh
17-08-2010, 06:21 AM
Oh, forgot about the international users. :P

No big surprise there, most of the site is still UK orientated.

Jorc
17-08-2010, 11:58 AM
If it is allowed after 9, people maybe forget because normally they don't use it so after a while they might "Accidently" start using it during the day as well. Also I think within time this site will become more open to other countries.

despect
17-08-2010, 12:04 PM
If it is allowed after 9, people maybe forget because normally they don't use it so after a while they might "Accidently" start using it during the day as well. Also I think within time this site will become more open to other countries.

This.

Also i think if we were allowed to start playing swearing songs at any point it would just make habboxlive look really unprofessional.

myke
17-08-2010, 12:15 PM
I don't see the need for any swearing on HabboxLive at any time really. :)

Dinosaurawrr
17-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Proffessional radios don't play swearing.
Alot of the forum want us to be more proffessional and this is like going against that, aswell as the whole playing swearing songs in the day by accident and also just genrally diff timezones as stated.
This is my biggest pet peeve swearing on a radio is wrong :P

wixard
17-08-2010, 12:42 PM
it used to be allowed
and then they'd play the yogi bear song

HotelUser
17-08-2010, 01:30 PM
it used to be allowed
and then they'd play the yogi bear song

Tara, it was allowed when we were just specifically a UK fansite. Usually in the UK night time these days HxL gets a good 20-30 listeners and I'm assuming the bulk of them are American :P

gangstaagent1
17-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Tara, it was allowed when we were just specifically a UK fansite. Usually in the UK night time these days HxL gets a good 20-30 listeners and I'm assuming the bulk of them are American :P

Last night I had 50 at 2AM UK time. So Yeah lost of the listeners are not only UK

Josh
17-08-2010, 01:43 PM

Yeah... but that one little Aussie hangs in there.

I think if it swore a lot, I wouldn't tune in to it as it just isn't professional.

Calvin
17-08-2010, 01:47 PM
I'm not on about stuff like london underground, tupac etc. but i'm sure most of you listen to songs with little bits of swearing on Youtube? ;)

But I mean songs with little bits of swearing such as ****, but if continiously then obviously it would be dealt with.

Richie
17-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Swearing in songs should be allowed full stop. We are moving up in the world, does anyone really get offended by swear words? Yeah, children tune in but I can guarantee all of them know what the swear words mean. In a few years time everyone will look back at radio broadcasting and will not only laugh but question why swearing was removed from songs.

Its 2010 get with the times, a few swear words isn't going to hurt anyones feelings or encourage children to swear any more than they already do.

Proffessional radios don't play swearing.
Alot of the forum want us to be more proffessional and this is like going against that, aswell as the whole playing swearing songs in the day by accident and also just genrally diff timezones as stated.
This is my biggest pet peeve swearing on a radio is wrong :P

**** professional radios, do you really think if it was legal for them to play swearing they would still block them out? because I don't. Habboxlive isn't radio one its an online radio, most online radios allow swearing unless they are useless sods trying to follow in the footsteps of fm radios (Which need to abide and block out swearing as its legally the correct way, habboxlive don't even have a broadcasting licence no mind rules from broadcasting companys).

Nixt
17-08-2010, 02:25 PM
We won't be allowing swearing in songs, at any time on the radio. It's completely unnecessary. The radio edits of songs sound fine and that is what professional radios across the country use. Our audience is very young, often younger than the forum and Habbox.com itself and swearing will, to them, be off putting not necessarily because they are offended by it but if I was 11 or 12 (as some of our listeners most definitely are) and my mother heard me playing rap music full of swearing I'd get the slipper (lol jk but you get what I mean).

You could say we could just get a little bit more lenient on the rules and not allow things like London Underground or whatever, but the fact is that allowing certain types of swearing in certain types of songs is very subjective and makes the rule incredibly unclear. It's either allow it or don't, and we're not going to.

scottish
17-08-2010, 02:25 PM
i say we allow swearing on hxf after 9pm

Calvin
17-08-2010, 02:27 PM
i say we allow swearing on hxf after 9pmyou are, at any time lol.

scottish
17-08-2010, 02:36 PM
professional radios dont use sam broadcaster, illegally download music or have 13 year olds djing aswell but here we are..

Calvin
17-08-2010, 02:36 PM
professional radios dont use sam broadcaster, illegally download music or have 13 year olds djing aswell but here we are..Some use SAM Broadcaster but don't do the rest lol.

Dinosaurawrr
17-08-2010, 02:39 PM
**** professional radios, do you really think if it was legal for them to play swearing they would still block them out? because I don't. Habboxlive isn't radio one its an online radio, most online radios allow swearing unless they are useless sods trying to follow in the footsteps of fm radios (Which need to abide and block out swearing as its legally the correct way, habboxlive don't even have a broadcasting licence no mind rules from broadcasting companys).

I know Richie, but when we do things we get feedback OH HABBOXLIVE DJS ARE SO UNPROFFESSIONAL
HABBOXLIVE NEEDS TO BE MORE PROFFESSIONAL

so then if we go into swearing people will probably complain about that too

Richie
17-08-2010, 02:47 PM
I know Richie, but when we do things we get feedback OH HABBOXLIVE DJS ARE SO UNPROFFESSIONAL
HABBOXLIVE NEEDS TO BE MORE PROFFESSIONAL

so then if we go into swearing people will probably complain about that too

thats habbox for you, you'll always get a negative comment or someone who is always going to go against a decision. Any time I mention the djs need to be more professional, I mean speaking wise, talking over songs or cutting songs short because they get fed up with it.

Nixt
17-08-2010, 02:51 PM
professional radios dont use sam broadcaster, illegally download music or have 13 year olds djing aswell but here we are..

We can only make do with what we've got :-). HabboxLive doesn't need to have songs that swear. It's totally unnecessary.

scottish
17-08-2010, 02:52 PM
dont try and pull the professional card in future den init

Dinosaurawrr
17-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Were not saying were proffessional Scott,
but thats what most people want and this just adds to it being unproiffessional making people moan more in future.

Recursion
18-08-2010, 12:36 AM
We won't be allowing swearing in songs, at any time on the radio. It's completely unnecessary. The radio edits of songs sound fine and that is what professional radios across the country use. Our audience is very young, often younger than the forum and Habbox.com itself and swearing will, to them, be off putting not necessarily because they are offended by it but if I was 11 or 12 (as some of our listeners most definitely are) and my mother heard me playing rap music full of swearing I'd get the slipper (lol jk but you get what I mean).

You could say we could just get a little bit more lenient on the rules and not allow things like London Underground or whatever, but the fact is that allowing certain types of swearing in certain types of songs is very subjective and makes the rule incredibly unclear. It's either allow it or don't, and we're not going to.

It must be a blue moon! For once I actually agree with you.

It's a Habbo fansite, aimed at many different time zones, there is no need for excessive amounts of swearing, I'm sure the DJs are allowed to get away with the odd word here or there in songs, but any more and it just becomes unpleasant.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!