PDA

View Full Version : New board?

Apolva
19-08-2010, 05:34 PM
I think you should have a dedicated "Vehicles & Driving" section under General, rather than bunging it all in "Tourism, Holidays, Vehicles & Transport".

Mrs.McCall
19-08-2010, 05:48 PM
I think the forum has enough. It's jam packed as it is. If memory serves me (it usually doesn't) there was such a forum before and they merged it to make the forum less clogged up.

Apolva
19-08-2010, 05:53 PM
Yes but vehicles have nothing to do with tourism, and vice-versa.

Dentafrice
19-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Oh no, vehicles and transportation have nothing to do with GETTING THERE to your "tourist destination or holiday."

Apolva
19-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Oh no, vehicles and transportation have nothing to do with GETTING THERE to your "tourist destination or holiday."

So topics about past holiday experiences need mixing with, say, car maintenance and discussions?

Dentafrice
19-08-2010, 06:05 PM
It's not that hard to sort though.. they don't deserve their own boards... you don't see the forum getting overrun with threads that causes it to be such a mess that you can't sort through it.

If you look at the forum.. the last post in the last thread was 08-02-2010.... when it comes down to the last thread was within a few days of the first one... that's when you can look at it and need a new forum.

Jamesy
19-08-2010, 06:08 PM
It's not that hard to sort though.. they don't deserve their own boards... you don't see the forum getting overrun with threads that causes it to be such a mess that you can't sort through it.

If you look at the forum.. the last post in the last thread was 08-02-2010.... when it comes down to the last thread was within a few days of the first one... that's when you can look at it and need a new forum.

This pretty much, the forums get contracted and merged into similar topics depending on how much they are active. They might not be an exact fit but its either that, or they're removed entirely.

Jorc
19-08-2010, 06:08 PM
I'm not sure if that forum would be extremely active, but it doesn't hurt to try. If not then remove it, thats what feedback is for haha.

Tintinnabulate
19-08-2010, 06:12 PM
The current forum is active, which is what we want. If you start breaking them down, they start looking dead and slowly become dead. Besides, index is too long already.

flatface
19-08-2010, 06:15 PM
I dont think its really needed, I couldn't agree more with Sav on this one

Hecktix
19-08-2010, 11:58 PM
I'm making plans to slice the index by around 7 forums soon, there's no logic to add another :P

Sorry to use a cliche but don't fix what isn't broken.

It's a no on thus one I'm afraid.

Special
20-08-2010, 12:06 AM
it's not popular enough to have a subforum

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!