PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Finally Hacked Via Dongle

Stephen!
19-08-2010, 05:39 PM
PS Jailbreak is a USB plug and play solution that installs in seconds, keeping your valid warranty seal in tact.

Easy to use installer and GUI takes you step by step.

Compatible with all production models FAT and SLIM. Supports all regions: USA, JAP, PAL and KOREA

PS Jailbreak disables forced software updates and will never brick your console.

Supports all games (it does not allow backups of bluray movies , dvd movies , or past consoles games)

Backup games to your internal hard drive or external hard drive through USB, and boot directly off GUI. Eliminating the need for expensive blueray burners and costly blank media.

Play backups off your hard drives 2x as fast as off the blueray drive. This eliminates lags and glitches to provide you with smoother game play.

Open up your console to a new generation of homebrew applications. Load homebrew apps/games off any USB hard drive/flash drive.

Fully updatable with new features/updates by connecting PS Jailbreak to any computers USB port.

http://psx-scene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64935

This has been confirmed working and there is a demonstration video on the source page now.

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IDaGne0u-4

Johno
19-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Read this earlier on Engadget, seems brilliant if it works!

dbgtz
19-08-2010, 06:13 PM
so by "supports all games" does that mean i can play ps2s?

Stephen!
19-08-2010, 06:27 PM
it does not allow backups of bluray movies , dvd movies , or past consoles gamesSo no legacy games

Posts merged by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Double post caused by Forum Lag.

Firehorse
20-08-2010, 08:51 PM
It will get patched by the end of the year, I could almost guarentee that. Then all the fools who paid $160 or whatever for it will have wasted their money

Oleh
21-08-2010, 01:43 PM
What i can imagine is there will be a work around almost immediatley.

When Freeboot gets patched a updated freeboot comes out within 2 weeks or so

Firehorse
21-08-2010, 02:35 PM
What i can imagine is there will be a work around almost immediatley.

When Freeboot gets patched a updated freeboot comes out within 2 weeks or so

Might take sony more than one patch, but they'd probably go as far as disabling systems that have used it if they had too.

Zak
21-09-2010, 01:42 AM
took them long enough :p

Apple
26-09-2010, 11:10 AM
Does this mean that if some glitches got patched on MW2 you could avoid downloading the update but carry on playing online glitching?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!