PDA

View Full Version : Loosely Moderated Section (15+)

Apple
20-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Being a Habbo related forum I guess it is only right that the rules and filters are fairly strict as Habbo attracts many children, a lot not even in their teens. This obviously means that their will also be young members on this forum. However I recently read a poll somewhere on here that asked users their age and a lot were 15 to 18+.

Something I have found to be quite a disappointment on this forum is the lack of being able to have a more mature discussion. I'm sure a lot of the older members would appreciate it if they to were able to post more freely on here, it may even extend the time they stay on the forum before permanently leaving.

Obviously I am not suggesting that you remove all filters and allow us to talk about and post images of whatever we want, what I do think you could do is make a sub forum in spam named "Anything goes (15+)". When I say anything goes I mean that anything goes that you would see in a movie rated 15. In movies that are rated 15 there can be anything from sexual references, mature themes, strong language, gore, drug use etc so obviously they allow 15 year olds to watch some pretty mature stuff. It's just a question of how far can you go without it being strictly 18+. An 18+ section for literally ANYTHING could also be made if you wanted but I don't really think there are enough aged 18 and up on the forum for it to be worth it.

What do you guys think?

Special
20-08-2010, 11:28 AM
very good idea, but how would you stop people younger than 15 accessing these forums? unless you use some kind of connetion to their date of birth registered with the forum & the sub forum?

Apple
20-08-2010, 11:30 AM
very good idea, but how would you stop people younger than 15 accessing these forums? unless you use some kind of connetion to their date of birth registered with the forum & the sub forum?

It will go by the age you have in your details.

Dinosaurawrr
20-08-2010, 11:33 AM
CHF did this with there gender forums, they made it so people couldent change there gender on there forum profile I think.
This meant that only girls could see girls forums and boys could see boys forums, then they also had the specific moderation.
So I don't see why this coulden't be a option either.

I personally think this is a great idea and we do need our long term users to stay so maybe this could be a way to keep them +rep for your idea :)

Jamesy
20-08-2010, 11:35 AM
I'm unsure. It might just turn into a big cliquey second spam section.

Josh
20-08-2010, 11:37 AM
I think it's a good idea, but I don't think it should or will happen. They will always want to do stuff that they can't, so they obviously will want to look and that's just it. Sorry.

Apple
20-08-2010, 11:41 AM
I think it's a good idea, but I don't think it should or will happen. Younger kids always want to do stuff that they can't, so they obviously will want to look and that's just it. Sorry.

If a "younger kid" wants to look at something they can't then all they have to do is google "naked woman" or something. Think of all the teens that click 18 when asked "Only click this link if you are over the age of 18" on adult websites.

Sharon
20-08-2010, 11:42 AM
I. Don't. Agree.

okay for obv reasons but what more is there to talk about that you can't say wherever it's suited

the "younger kids" is a stupid term - were you never young 8)

Catzsy
20-08-2010, 11:48 AM
I did have a 16+ forum on HabMate but it was a much smaller forum so easier to check the person requesting was actually 16+. Not sure if it would be viable on a bigger forum like this. Spam is already more loosely moderated and to a certain extent the sports forum to cater for the 'banter'.

Nixt
20-08-2010, 11:52 AM
No. The quality of discussion at Habbox Forum is something that we feel is of a higher quality than a lot of other Habbo Forums out there. Granted, not everyone is super mature and has deep discussions of real significance but we are certainly not as crude as other forums, notably CHF where I recently saw a picture of a members bottom in a competition thread and another thread on whether people "spit or swallow". We are not CHF and we will not be lowering the tone of HxF in that way, even if it is in an exclusive forum.

The mature argument really falls flat on its face here - the teen forums in particular allow discussion about teen issues such as sex, drugs and more mature themes but it remains moderated to a standard we feel ensures the discussion remains mature. Creating a "15+ anything goes" forum is the epitome of immaturity, if anything, and certainly wouldn't benefit these "older, more mature" members you refer to.

Furthermore, it's virtually impossible to moderate the ages of people, so an age limit would be pointless.

Hecktix
20-08-2010, 01:16 PM
No. The quality of discussion at Habbox Forum is something that we feel is of a higher quality than a lot of other Habbo Forums out there. Granted, not everyone is super mature and has deep discussions of real significance but we are certainly not as crude as other forums, notably CHF where I recently saw a picture of a member's bottom in a competition thread and another thread on whether people "spit or swallow". We are not CHF and we will not be lowering the tone of HxF in that way, even if it is in an exclusive forum.

The mature argument really falls flat on its face here - the teen forums in particular allow discussion about teen issues such as sex, drugs and more mature themes but it remains moderated to a standard we feel ensures the discussion remains mature. Creating a "15+ anything goes" forum is the epitome of immaturity, if anything, and certainly wouldn't benefit these "older, more mature" members you refer to.

Furthermore, it's virtually impossible to moderate the ages of people, so an age limit would be pointless.

Very well put, this is something that will never happen at HabboxForum.

Apple
20-08-2010, 01:55 PM
No. The quality of discussion at Habbox Forum is something that we feel is of a higher quality than a lot of other Habbo Forums out there. Granted, not everyone is super mature and has deep discussions of real significance but we are certainly not as crude as other forums, notably CHF where I recently saw a picture of a members bottom in a competition thread and another thread on whether people "spit or swallow". We are not CHF and we will not be lowering the tone of HxF in that way, even if it is in an exclusive forum.

As Oli has already stated, very well put indeed. I don't really think there is much more to discuss now, you have officially killed my thread. :P

Richie
20-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Being a Habbo related forum I guess it is only right that the rules and filters are fairly strict as Habbo attracts many children, a lot not even in their teens. This obviously means that their will also be young members on this forum. However I recently read a poll somewhere on here that asked users their age and a lot were 15 to 18+.

Something I have found to be quite a disappointment on this forum is the lack of being able to have a more mature discussion. I'm sure a lot of the older members would appreciate it if they to were able to post more freely on here, it may even extend the time they stay on the forum before permanently leaving.

Obviously I am not suggesting that you remove all filters and allow us to talk about and post images of whatever we want, what I do think you could do is make a sub forum in spam named "Anything goes (15+)". When I say anything goes I mean that anything goes that you would see in a movie rated 15. In movies that are rated 15 there can be anything from sexual references, mature themes, strong language, gore, drug use etc so obviously they allow 15 year olds to watch some pretty mature stuff. It's just a question of how far can you go without it being strictly 18+. An 18+ section for literally ANYTHING could also be made if you wanted but I don't really think there are enough aged 18 and up on the forum for it to be worth it.

What do you guys think?

You'd be surprised :P

if you were straight you would understand :(

haha but yh hx will never get that soft, if I'm honest habbox treats me worse than my mother :P in the sense of wrapping me in wool

AgnesIO
20-08-2010, 02:07 PM

I sort of agree here, although a simple thing where you put your age in at the start would be fine. If people lie about their age then habbox have done nothing wrong. Also I cannot see how anyone can possible mention high quality, after all the recent craze of crap threads definitely was not high quality posting.

I think, although this is a good idea and would work on many forums, I don't think it would work on a habbo based forum. I am not sure why I just don't think it would :)

Calvin
20-08-2010, 02:09 PM
No chance of this happening, they love to treat us like babies sadly.

I bet Habbox is more strict than this little kids forum: http://betweentalk.com/

Jordy
20-08-2010, 02:37 PM
I kinda like the idea but I can see it's not going to happen so it's probably best leaving it there. Personally I don't think HabboxForum is much of a haven for quality posts anymore, it used to be and maybe it is in comparison to other Habbo forums but there's very little constructive discussion on the forum these days so you may as well go down this route imo.

HotelUser
20-08-2010, 02:38 PM
No chance of this happening, they love to treat us like babies sadly.

I bet Habbox is more strict than this little kids forum: http://betweentalk.com/

There's a difference between being treated like a baby and being treaty like a young adult. As Garion has already pointed out the standards of conversation on our counterpart fansites is utterly ridiculous in terms of maturity (or rather a lack thereof). The primary reason why I agree with Garion's post is because we would be lowering a 7 year standard just so users can pettily harass eachother or giggle endlessly at body parts like five year old children. This is not a Family Guy forum, this is a Habbo forum.

That is not/never will be the sort of conversation or crowd Habbox wishes to attract. The logic I'm being given here is we're older and more mature so we should have more mature discussion. If that's the case then you 'ought to replace the word mature with the word immature because you're justifying that because you're older you should be allowed to behave more immaturely than those around you of which are younger.

Richie
20-08-2010, 02:58 PM
There's a difference between being treated like a baby and being treaty like a young adult. As Garion has already pointed out the standards of conversation on our counterpart fansites is utterly ridiculous in terms of maturity (or rather a lack thereof). The primary reason why I agree with Garion's post is because we would be lowering a 7 year standard just so users can pettily harass eachother or giggle endlessly at body parts like five year old children. This is not a Family Guy forum, this is a Habbo forum.

That is not/never will be the sort of conversation or crowd Habbox wishes to attract. The logic I'm being given here is we're older and more mature so we should have more mature discussion. If that's the case then you 'ought to replace the word mature with the word immature because you're justifying that because you're older you should be allowed to behave more immaturely than those around you of which are younger.

Hardly, your just looking at one point. For example there's certain things you can't discuss on this forum because of the younger members. Not only that though, if I ever had a problem with say for instance, my genitals I wouldn't post it as it would feel wrong discussing it with younger members.

Apple
20-08-2010, 03:09 PM

Whether or not that is the way a sub section like this would go, it is certainly not what I am asking for it to be intended for. Just a place for older members to talk freely about more mature things without having to worry about younger people on the forum. By saying what you have just said you are implying that the members of HabboxForum are too immature to make proper use of a section designed for people to be mature in.

Posts merged by Cosmic (Forum Super Moderator) due to accidental forum lag.

HotelUser
20-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Hardly, your just looking at one point. For example there's certain things you can't discuss on this forum because of the younger members. Not only that though, if I ever had a problem with say for instance, my genitals I wouldn't post it as it would feel wrong discussing it with younger members.

There is already a section of the forum tailored to suit the needs of medical discussions and yes there are sex oriented threads however I can assure you that the norm of discussion within exceeds the maturity of, "I don't swallow," and in most every situation such as the one you've referenced the OP pursues a response to a genuine concern of his/hers.

edit:

Whether or not that is the way a sub section like this would go, it is certainly not what I am asking for it to be intended for. Just a place for older members to talk freely about more mature things without having to worry about younger people on the forum. By saying what you have just said you are implying that the members of HabboxForum are too immature to make proper use of a section designed for people to be mature in.

I think there are some users (probably not all users mind) who would behave incredibly immaturely in a way which reflects Habbox poorly as Garion has said.

W00TZEH
20-08-2010, 03:35 PM
If you say it's never going to happen, close the thread instead of letting the pointless discussion continue.

Minstrels
20-08-2010, 03:54 PM
Sounds crap.

Apple
20-08-2010, 04:20 PM
If you say it's never going to happen, close the thread instead of letting the pointless discussion continue.

After Oli and Garion said it is never going to happen I did say that the discussion is basically over now and at that point I would of closed it if I had the powers to do so.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!