PDA

View Full Version : netcodr - revolutionizing web development

Trigs
20-08-2010, 09:05 PM
netcodr will revolutionize the way people create websites. The site will feature a variety of options for web designers, web developers, and programmers, including free hosting, URL shortnening, image hosting, subdomains, tutorials, freelance marketplace, etc. You name it, we have it. netcodr is also a place for developers to collaborate, almost like a social network but for web developers. Forums, profiles, portfolio hosting, and more will help facilitate this.

If you have any ideas for the site please post below. We're also looking for volunteers to assist with the development of netcodr. If you're interested, PM me.

You can sign up to our mailing list by visiting www.netcodr.com (http://www.netcodr.com)

MattFr
20-08-2010, 09:38 PM
I have sites I use for all of that already, why should I bother switching to you?

Trigs
20-08-2010, 09:52 PM
I have sites I use for all of that already, why should I bother switching to you?

This site is all-in-one.

Beginners can come to netcodr to learn how to create a website (via tutorials) and make one (I'm planning on doing something like a simple webpage editor, not some elaborate cpanel setup). They can get help in the forums, they can link their site to their user profile and people can rate it, etc.

Experienced devs can come to the site to offer freelancing (using our completely free services, unlike elance, etc.). What separates this freelance system from others is that it's not listing based. If you need something done you can look through a variety of users. This way you can look at their profiles, (from their profile) you can view their portfolio, their website, their reputation/feedback. The upside to this is that you don't have 100 people bidding on something where the freelancers with no feedback/reputation don't get a chance.

I'm still thinking of features for VIPs but it will probably work on a point system. You can purchase points (ex: 100 points for $5) and use points to do things like upgrading the simple webpage editor to a cPanel. You get points whenever you visit the site, post in the forum, submit a tutorial, etc. So basically you can get free hosting + domains, etc. for contributing to the site.

IMO, the only other site that even comes remotely close to this is Forrestr, but that's for designers and still isn't the same concept as this.

-Adam
04-09-2010, 04:11 AM
This looks amazing :). Any chance of a possible early release :P?

Trigs
04-09-2010, 12:31 PM
I actually stopped working on this. TBH, I'm too lazy and busy for this right now.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!