PDA

View Full Version : Rep

Richie
21-08-2010, 05:01 PM
How come it shows on the bottom right if someone got +rep'd but it doesn't show if they got -rep'd?

Nemo
21-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Because they dont wanna create a negative atmosphere around some posts.

GoldenMerc
21-08-2010, 05:04 PM
If one person -rep's someone its likely someone else will.

Richie
21-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Wow thats gay, habbox is starting to make me think of those really happy people on the children channels. Stop making things all dandy -rep should be treated the same as +rep feature wise.

If one person -rep's someone its likely someone else will.

if one person +rep's someone its likely someone else will

Jamesy
21-08-2010, 05:18 PM
Wow thats gay, habbox is starting to make me think of those really happy people on the children channels. Stop making things all dandy -rep should be treated the same as +rep feature wise.

It's positive feedback Richie. You quite often get abusive -Reps for stupid things - granted you can report it but how is a new member going to feel seeing a big fat red "-1" next to their post?

I understand your view (and did infact code it like that originally until Oli specified what he wanted) however its for the greater good when positivity is highlighted, and negativity is kept private between the user and whomever they wish to share it with.

Apolva
21-08-2010, 08:01 PM
BTW, I noticed that posts with neutral rep (grey) still have +1 under them.

Jamesy
21-08-2010, 08:05 PM

thats because the code is this:

$NumPos = $db->query_first("SELECT COUNT(reputationid) AS 'total' FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "reputation WHERE reputation >= 0 AND postid = '$PostID'");

It's intentional.

Mathew
21-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Wow thats gay, habbox is starting to make me think of those really happy people on the children channels.
The majority of rules look like they were written for 12 year olds imo ....oh.. wait..

I do agree that it should say which post has been given what type of rep. You could argue that if it has a -rep in the corner, it's an example of a post which deserves -rep.. :rolleyes:
Not gonna happen though, we can't be "trusted"

Jamesy
21-08-2010, 08:41 PM
The majority of rules look like they were written for 12 year olds imo ....oh.. wait..

I do agree that it should say which post has been given what type of rep. You could argue that if it has a -rep in the corner, it's an example of a post which deserves -rep.. :rolleyes:
Not gonna happen though, we can't be "trusted"

It's not about 'trust'. If we didn't trust you with -rep you wouldn't have the option at all. It's about what looks more appealing, if you want to -Rep nothing stops you - but as I said, a big fat red negative in the corner of someone's post isn't exactly going to look great to any lurking guests.

DJ::Beatz
21-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Who cares if people show minus repping. Its a forum, we're suppose to show our opinions.

Richie
21-08-2010, 10:33 PM
It's not about 'trust'. If we didn't trust you with -rep you wouldn't have the option at all. It's about what looks more appealing, if you want to -Rep nothing stops you - but as I said, a big fat red negative in the corner of someone's post isn't exactly going to look great to any lurking guests.

At the end of the day, that person is still going to get a -rep whether it looks appealing or not. I see were your coming from but -rep and +rep should be treated equally.

Who cares if people show minus repping. Its a forum, we're suppose to show our opinions.

I agree

Apple
21-08-2010, 11:10 PM
Did the idea of scrapping -rep altogether get scrapped then?

Richie
21-08-2010, 11:31 PM
Did the idea of scrapping -rep altogether get scrapped then?

No its still there, we are discussing this:
http://rbguides.com/screenshots/283830f5.png

Hecktix
22-08-2010, 09:04 AM

Nobody should have neutral rep anymore as it comes from having 0 rep power and nobody should have 0 rep power.

In terms of this Jamesy has summed it up, it doesn't look nice and an atmosphere of negativity is not what we want at HabboxForum however small this atmosphere is. We installed the +1 marker instead of installing a like system instead of our reputation system, users wanted to be able to publically show they like posts therefore we made it visible when you +rep a post.

May I add that Facebook also don't allow you do "dislike" things so it's exactly the same as that, so I doubt it's just HabboxForum rules ;)

Plean
22-08-2010, 09:05 AM
Ye doesnt really matter about rep!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!