PDA

View Full Version : Contact form

GoldenMerc
22-08-2010, 05:31 PM
How would i make a contact form like this?
http://habbcrazy.net/#pages/habbcrazy/contact
+rep for help
Ross

Apolva
23-08-2010, 12:30 AM
Here's a quickie for you (completely untested):

<?php

$emailTo="[email protected]";
$reasons=array("I have a question","I've spotted a mistake","I would like a job");

if($_POST['submit']!="true"){
$reasonOptions="";
foreach($reasons as $key=>$value){$reasonOptions.="<option value='".($key+1)."'>".htmlentities($value)."</option>";}
echo "<head>\r\n"
."<title>Contact Us</title>\r\n"
."<style>body,td,input,textarea{font-family:arial,sans-serif;color:#777;}.b{font-weight:bold;}.r{text-align:right;}</style>\r\n"
."</head>\r\n"
."<body>\r\n"
."<form method='post'>\r\n"
."<input type='hidden' name='submit' value='true' />\r\n"
."<table>\r\n"
."<tr><td class='b r'>Habbo Name</td><td><input type='text' name='habboname' /></td></tr>\r\n"
."<tr><td class='b r'>Email</td><td><input type='text' name='emailaddress' /></td></tr>\r\n"
."<tr><td class='b r'>Reason</td><td><select name='reason'>{$reasonOptions}</select></td></tr>\r\n"
."<tr><td class='b r'>Message</td><td><textarea name='message'></textarea></td></tr>\r\n"
."<tr><td></td><td><input type='submit' value='Send Message &raquo;' /></td></tr>\r\n"
."</table></form>\r\n"
."</body>\r\n";
}else{
// Get input
$habboName=$_POST['habboname'];
$emailAddress=$_POST['emailaddress'];
$reason=$_POST['reason']-1;
$reason=$reasons[$reason];
$message=$_POST['message'];

// Validate input
if($habboName==""||$emailAddress==""||$reason==""||$message=="") die("<b>You left something out...</b><br />Please go back and try again.");

if(!preg_match( "/^([a-zA-Z0-9])+([a-zA-Z0-9\._-])*@([a-zA-Z0-9_-])+([a-zA-Z0-9\._-]+)+$/", $emailAddress)) die("<b>Invalid email address...</b><br />Please re-type your email address and try again.");
}

// Send email
$mail=mail($emailTo,"Form Submission ({$reason})","Date: ".date("r (U)")."\r\n\r\nIP Address: {$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']}\r\n\r\nHabbo Name: {$habboName}\r\n\r\nReturn email: {$emailAddress}\r\n\r\nReason: {$reason}\r\n\r\nMessage:\r\n{$message}","From: Your site");

// Success or Error
if($mail) die("<b>Message sent successfully.</b><br />Thank you for contacting us. We hope to reply within 24-48 hours.");
else die("<b>Unable to send email</b><br />Please try again later.");
?>

GoldenMerc
23-08-2010, 12:35 AM
Nono i think you misunderstood me, what i was trying to do was change the colour of the text box, as Habbcrazy have done :P
Ross

Apolva
23-08-2010, 12:45 AM
Oh, like...

<head>
<style>
input,textarea
{
border:1px solid #AAA;
border-bottom:2px solid #AAA;
padding:5px;
-moz-border-radius:5px;
border-radius:5px;
}
</style>
</head>

GoldenMerc
23-08-2010, 12:48 AM
What i was hoping for was having as text box like HabbCrazys but a tad different then having a image in the background of the text box saying Quakal then when they clicked on it the Quakal part disapeared so they could write in it...
Ross

Apolva
23-08-2010, 12:53 AM
What i was hoping for was having as text box like HabbCrazys but a tad different then having a image in the background of the text box saying Quakal then when they clicked on it the Quakal part disapeared so they could write in it...
Ross

You could just use normal text and javascript...

<input type='text' value='Quakal' onfocus='if(this.clicked==null){this.clicked=true; this.value="";}' />

GoldenMerc
23-08-2010, 12:56 AM
Nah i don't think that'd look good enough :P

Apolva
23-08-2010, 12:59 AM
Nah i don't think that'd look good enough :P

<input type='text' style='background-image:url(quakal_logo.png);' onfocus='this.style.backgroundImage="";' />

?

GoldenMerc
23-08-2010, 01:03 AM
That'd be it :P, Plus now i need to find a classy text box to fit with the logo inside the text box Hmmm

Trigs
23-08-2010, 01:20 AM
It looks a like like RadiPanel's form. Maybe you should check that out and study the CSS?

HotelUser
23-08-2010, 02:43 AM
My heart skipped a beat when I saw that someone other than myself was using hash tag navigation. My favourite clean URL spin off :P

http://digitalbush.com/projects/watermark-input-plugin/ is my favourite jQuery plugin for the job. It has yet to fail me!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!