PDA

View Full Version : The Updates

AgnesIO
22-08-2010, 09:29 PM
Not bad changes, although the rep change does seem really pointless.

Also a lot of donators/vips have like 2/3 rows of stars (different colours) :P

Can we stop cutting forums too? I think the jokes forum being removed was sad, as I enjoyed that forum (personally anyway). Also why was anything about furni and trading moved in to trading - I don't care about trading now, although I do still like discussions on anything about furni. But again this is just a personal though :)

Thoughts on the changes?

Hecktix
22-08-2010, 09:30 PM
The stars will play up because the userranks haven't been maintained very well, this will mean we get back on top of it :)

AgnesIO
22-08-2010, 09:32 PM
The stars will play up because the userranks haven't been maintained very well, this will mean we get back on top of it :)

Oh no doubt! I would never think you won't get back on top of it haha. Although there are a lot of colours to climb on top of ;) (oh that was terrible)

Posts Merged by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Double post caused by Forum Lag.

Neversoft
22-08-2010, 09:32 PM
Is there any way to get rid of these stars? :(

W00TZEH
22-08-2010, 09:34 PM
Hahahaha, that looks so poor

Posts merged by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Double post caused by Forum Lag.

Nixt
22-08-2010, 09:34 PM
I personally dislike the stars, I know it's being offered as a feature but I think aesthetically they aren't very nice when combined with certain user ranks.

I agree with you about the trading forum thing but I think all the other changes are beneficial.

Apple
22-08-2010, 09:35 PM

Thoughts on the changes?
If I'm honest I am just very happy to see that on this forum the management actually listen to their members. On a lot of forums when you post feedback suggesting something to actually make the site better (so it's odd to see management never implement it even though it is a perfect idea with no hidden problems), you get people posting telling you it's a great idea and it should be done but it never does. I see that on here when there are weekly updates there are always usually updates suggested in the feedback section which I think is fantastic.

Apple

Thoughts on the changes?
If I'm honest I am just very happy to see that on this forum the management actually listen to their members. On a lot of forums when you post feedback suggesting something to actually make the site better (so it's odd to see management never implement it even though it is a perfect idea with no hidden problems), you get people posting telling you it's a great idea and it should be done but it never does. I see that on here when there are weekly updates there are always usually updates suggested in the feedback section which I think is fantastic.

AgnesIO
Hahahaha, that looks so poor

I thought that :D

I used to be so up for stars with vip.

After seeing it.. my god it looks grim

Posts merged by scott (Forum Super Moderator): Due to forum lag.

kuzkasate
22-08-2010, 09:37 PM
I thought that :D

I used to be so up for stars with vip.

After seeing it.. my god it looks grim
I suggested the idea and I think it will be an on/off feature, if you want it, turn it on, if you dont, turn it off! :D

immense
22-08-2010, 09:37 PM
stars r vile! let me be merit on this acc

bye

jackass
22-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Excellent updates this week, yet again! Very nice work everyone! :D

EDIT: LOL @ my stars, it's like a bloody rainbow! :P

EDIT #2: OLI, DON'T YOU DARE REMOVE MY STARS! THEY ARE VERY SEXY HOW THEY ARE NOW :D!!

Robbie
22-08-2010, 09:39 PM
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

removal of stars ftw

rnix
22-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Ergh updates are vile D; stop changing it thanks

Apple
22-08-2010, 09:40 PM
I personally dislike the stars, I know it's being offered as a feature but I think aesthetically they aren't very nice when combined with certain user ranks.

I agree with you about the trading forum thing but I think all the other changes are beneficial.

I have to admit that I am not really too keen on the stars either. However when they get sorted out they might actually look good as at the minute they are all over the place.

Neversoft
22-08-2010, 09:40 PM

Appreciate you removing the extra lines of stars I had, but is there a way to remove them all? :P

Edit - Oh, now they're all gone. Thank you! Unless the forum is messing up and they'll be back in a minute. :P

Apple
22-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Appreciate you removing the extra lines of stars I had, but is there a way to remove them all? :P

Edit - Oh, now they're all gone. Thank you! Unless the forum is messing up and they'll be back in a minute. :P

Nope, Biohazard still has his rainbow. :P

Robbie
22-08-2010, 09:46 PM
Eww, they look even worse in a line :(

Jamesy
22-08-2010, 09:48 PM

I agree with this, especially since you can't control the order - as far as I am aware.

GoldenMerc
22-08-2010, 10:30 PM
I have 3 rows of stars wth

immense
22-08-2010, 10:31 PM
hacker tbh ross :l

let me be merit.......... just cuz i am permed / have lots of infractions i used to work hard for hx!!!!!

Hecktix
22-08-2010, 10:31 PM
I have 3 rows of stars wth

Sorted.

GoldenMerc
22-08-2010, 10:33 PM
hacker tbh ross :l

let me be merit.......... just cuz i am permed / have lots of infractions i used to work hard for hx!!!!!
Did you get into warwick?
And i should be merit as i worked as manager for 6 months :) i applied and got rejected so yeh...

-Danube-
22-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Like others have said with the stars, they don't really match everything else.

Maybe you could revamp them.

Having a userbar like this:

http://www.habboxforum.com/images/ranks/ADMIN.png

And where it says Admin have the word Gold and then where the star is, have how many stars that person is on. Then the colour of the whole userbar would also match the rank so in my example it would be a Yellow/Gold colour.

I think this would match everything much better

Jordy
22-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Excellent updates I like them, to be fair none of them really affect me much but I got no complaints.

The forum also seems so much faster now too, or is that just me?

immense
22-08-2010, 10:35 PM
immense should be merit

i agree

Hecktix
22-08-2010, 10:37 PM
Excellent updates I like them, to be fair none of them really affect me much but I got no complaints.

The forum also seems so much faster now too, or is that just me?

You know, funny enough whilst I was doing the forum changes it took less than expected because it didn't take 20 mins for each change to show up. It's weird but I'm not complaining :P

@ Danube, we had that idea a while back but nobody really liked the userbars we came up with, I personally like the stars stacked if they stack correctly and look good, Recursion's is a good example of it looking good in my opinion, but then I've always been a geek for the stars.

Jordy
22-08-2010, 11:35 PM
Also due to the merge there's now four stickys in Discuss Anything which is quite excessive;
http://www.habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54

My proposal, merge "What are you eating?" and "What are you drinking?" to create... "What are you eating or drinking?" and get rid of the "Ultimate funny pictures thread", it really isn't much good or particularly popular and the only reason it was made a sticky was due to Mentor's ridiculous grip over the forum management at the time :P

Hecktix
22-08-2010, 11:38 PM
Done, thanks for the suggestions Jordy :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!