PDA

View Full Version : The Worthless Changes By Habbo.

Pomit
24-08-2010, 11:28 PM
These days, I seem to get the impression that all habbo care about is money. It's funny how they bring out a new "offer" and it all evolves around money. They used to care about how the users felt, and for the general safety of the users. Say if someone did get "hacked" they would do something about it. And as for this "Habbo Beta" well I know it's not beta anymore but it is absolutely pointless. It's like taking a banana and wrapping it in a shiny costume, Pointless. To be honest we don't really care about fancy graphics and effects. We just love simplicity.

This is just a personal opinion on the matter,

leave what you think about this topic below!

Samantha.
24-08-2010, 11:37 PM
Habbo do only care about money which is why they mainly do room competitions so people buying there furni and another thing is that you pay the same price for credits as you used to do but you now get less which means you have you to spend more!

Pomit
24-08-2010, 11:39 PM
Habbo do only care about money which is why they mainly do room competitions so people buying there furni and another thing is that you pay the same price for credits as you used to do but you now get less which means you have you to spend more!

I completely agree. Before there was competitions for "Design your own clothing" and all that sort. Most things evolve around the habbo player paying money.

Samantha.
24-08-2010, 11:43 PM
Exactly and there was a lot more quests and quizzes and stuff, things that didn't involve Habbo making money. I think it's stupid because you have younger children wasting so much money on habbo!

immense
24-08-2010, 11:47 PM
In their defence, they have to prioritise money. Any business, well the vast majority have one fundamental aim and that is to make money. Sulake are no different. They have expanded so considerably in recent years that Habbo has transformed from a community based game into a global, money spinning game. Even with them making record profits they've made staff redundancies. Some will criticise this but they've made alterations to survive the economic downturn of the last two or so years and it's worked a treat.

KebabJuice
25-08-2010, 12:08 AM
habbo has always been about the making money; why do you think they introduced these fabulous collectables to recieve the badges and then drop the price o.o

JACKTARD
25-08-2010, 04:54 PM
The bottom line is that habbo is something which was created to make money. It would be nice if they cared more about their users but they need to make money to keep it open.

Catzsy
25-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Yes they are a business I totally agree but most successful businesses have a huge regard for their customers. I have to say that they need to look at the service they give as it seems there is not much regard for the habbos who are their customers. Very little action taken on scammers, hackers etc - the mods are completely invisible these days and seem just to give out very silly warnings such as when you say 'numbers' or even 'I came into a room' as I did the other week. This auto warn is silly.

Samantha
25-08-2010, 10:00 PM
My opinion

Habbo has changed so much over the two years I have been there. I only got really into Habbo when I began at Habbox in March 2009! I was an addict in them days. Anyway, I remember you could actually play a game and not get scammed, I won a HC TV and thought I was so rich like a noob but it was the fact I had actually won something.
I now go into rooms to play events and the prize is rights, no offence but what is the point? The room will just fail anyway and you'll have them removed.
Anyhow, onto the real question, I think Habbo do care about money, but so do any other business, however, they care about money for the wrong reasons. They don't seem to care that children play the game and spend their money, they are taking advantage of them as they don't understand the full value of money and their parents think it's just a phase, but they can become severly addicted and spend way too much time and money on it. And also, Habbo must get a lot of money each day from everyone buying credits, then the credits people lose with the marketplace and exchanging. However, if you look at it my way, they never seem to have enough money, they just want more, more, more and give nothing back that we actually want! I mean who wanted to change to BETA? Who wanted to merge etc etc. Also I think the merge was a money scheme as when the other urls are no longer in use they don't have to pay for them.

About the graphics! I do agree, I was shocked at the new opening page today, it annoyed me so much then when you input your password you can't push enter (well I couldn't anyway).
Also I don't know if any of you have noticed but have you seen some of the fail ads, the VIP ad is so blurry to me!
Also, Habbo are paying MTV to advertise Habbo, they are spending money for the advertisement of Habbo.co.uk they need to change that so they don't wrongly advise people.

Anyway, the base of my arguement and opinion are is that Habbo never seem to have enough money, they seem to get a joy out of cheating children out of their pocket money and their parents money.
I have argued this before, Habbo don't listen to our polls we fill in. If they did there would be a lot more changes made and a lot more happy Habbos!

Muct
26-08-2010, 05:17 AM
If you were Sulake, wouldn't you try and get as much money as possible too? :l

Jean-Claud
26-08-2010, 05:49 AM
Well incidentally I agree with half the people here. Of course the weak minded fools at Habbo are stealing money from kids and all that to keep them going. My problem is the mods of habbo never help anyone with anything anymore. plus this new mark with habbo "No longer helping people who get hacked" thing going on is just messed up.

Even if people do not give out their info and all that to protect themselves, the hackers can always find a way to get hold of the account and take the habbo's stuff and the people at habbo no longer doing anything about it. I think this is a disgrace from the weak minds of habbo.

Any Rebuttals?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!