PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Ban Appeal

MagicShr00my
25-08-2010, 03:04 AM
First of all I'd like to say hi as I'm new here. I'd also like to talk about the banning of my account called MagicShr00my. It got banned for having an inapropriate name, I have appealed the ban and am hoping for a reply. Do I have a chance of getting the ban lifted?

BTW, not sure if this was posted in the right section or not.

Thread moved by Sarah (Forum Moderator): From "Habbo In General" to here.

Samantha.
25-08-2010, 08:00 AM
I don't see how the name is inappropriate so unless habbo are going to be harsh they will probably lift the ban in a few weeks or so. They usually take ages to reply and welcome to the forum.

Muct
25-08-2010, 08:49 AM
The only way I can see that name as inappropiate is MagicShr00ms - Magic Mushrooms

Samantha.
25-08-2010, 08:50 AM
I wouldn't really class that as inappropriate! A young child isn't going to know what it means?

Muct
25-08-2010, 08:52 AM
I wouldn't really class that as inappropriate! A young child isn't going to know what it means?
True I guess... I'm not realy all that good with appeals, but keep asking bbz x

Jordan
25-08-2010, 08:53 AM
yeah, little kids wouldn't know what it means, and it's not inappropriate either tbh

MagicShr00my
25-08-2010, 01:34 PM
This is what I wrote to them...

Recently my Habbo account, "MagicShr00my" got banned for having an inapropriate name. I understand that you do need to ban names that you feel are explicit. But I fail to see how this offends anybody. I read through the "Why Has my account been banned?" FAQ sections and it seems that the resons for me getting a ban on this account don't really fit in with the reasons giving in the faq section. Most notably this part, "contains swearing or sexual terms. Bans in this category range from 2 hours to permanent bans for inappropriate Habbo names"
Please explain how my name contains swearing or sexual terms, surely you could have just asked me to change my Habbo name. But instead I got permanently banned for reasons which aren't very clear.

j0rd
25-08-2010, 01:38 PM
They take a while to reply, if you dont get a reply in the next 2 weeks i suggest appealing again. It took me about 5 appeals to get J25T unbanned

Lew
25-08-2010, 04:12 PM
yh but staff h8 u jord

OT: um yeh u shud get unbanned

:LUFC:
26-08-2010, 07:18 PM
I got banned having an innoppropriate name... My name was Pilok :S
They cant even offer me a name change,
To me it looks like there banning all the uk habboss

Samantha
26-08-2010, 07:21 PM
I got banned having an innoppropriate name... My name was Pilok :S
They cant even offer me a name change,
To me it looks like there banning all the uk habboss

I'm sure you are wrong, I am sure that if this was the case they wouldn't be staff! Also, isn't 0rca still the un banning person and she's from the UK Habbo so I severely doubt that!

Also, 'pilok' is just like avoiding the filter, you are just replacing/removing a letter for your name hence they think you are trying to avoid the filter.

They may not offer a name change, but if you get unbanned you should be grateful, but it may get banned again!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!