PDA

View Full Version : VIP?

immense
25-08-2010, 02:17 PM
now staff have said they don't want anything to do with fansites i am wondering whether it's worth asking about vip? i reckon you should email them like

"We are planning to bring VIP back on the 30th September unless you tell us otherwise" or something similar. I doubt they'll even try and stop you any more, they have all hands on deck trying to maintain the merge.

You could then offer a few exclusive features for people who buy vip like you used to, meaning more will buy it, meaning more moniez!

Nemo
25-08-2010, 02:17 PM
i fink dis is a brilliant idea even tho im set til the new year with VIP i think

Catzsy
25-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Well they still have the 'Fansite Way' which still forbids it but as stated in previous threads on this it maybe worth the big fansite owners getting together and approaching them to see what could be done. It maybe Management are waiting for Jin to come back.

Richie
25-08-2010, 02:40 PM
doubt this will go ahead, it doesn't really bother me, just buy a bulk of vip at christmas for the year if you want it that bad :P its a good idea but its too much hassle when its fine how it is

Nixt
25-08-2010, 02:48 PM
The Fansite Way still applies so I am not sure if this would be possible, it has been discussed over and over and there have been attempts to open lines of communication with staff regarding this issue but there hasn't been much in terms of a response. Habbo have said that they are going to start sorting out the whole fansite thing - fixing fansite reps, introducing more websites from the lists but it's all quiet on that front so I think it's just a case of waiting patiently or perhaps pestering them until we get some indication as to what might be coming next.

Special
25-08-2010, 02:51 PM
no please as sulake for it

p.s no offence but when people request something or ask for something, most of the time staff reply with 'not sure' WELL IF YOUR NOT SURE JUST ASK ANYWAY

immense
25-08-2010, 02:52 PM
i'll bloody sort it then ;l

Nixt
25-08-2010, 03:04 PM
no please as sulake for it

p.s no offence but when people request something or ask for something, most of the time staff reply with 'not sure' WELL IF YOUR NOT SURE JUST ASK ANYWAY

We have asked. Read my full post.

immense
25-08-2010, 03:05 PM
i'm just gonna use my badge and pretend i still own a fansite, they'll never know

Catzsy
25-08-2010, 03:20 PM
i'm just gonna use my badge and pretend i still own a fansite, they'll never know

We will await the results with anticpation then! :D

immense
25-08-2010, 03:22 PM
kinda banned from contacting staff on claim tho

Catzsy
25-08-2010, 03:25 PM
kinda banned from contacting staff on claim tho

That could be awkward then:P. I do think it is unfair that they did it in the first place as no habbo fansite is run as a business but there we are stuck with it until they review it I guess.

immense
25-08-2010, 03:36 PM
sent one anyway i'll tell you here if they reply.

Hecktix
25-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Who did you send it to Jake?

immense
25-08-2010, 04:42 PM
well i was told the fansite email is down so atm i've done it through HHT and if they close my request i will send it to redtiz or someone directly as i think they'll reply. i told them i own a fansite and am bringing vip with premium features back on my fansite in september unless they tell me otherwise.

Hecktix
25-08-2010, 04:43 PM
well i was told the fansite email is down so atm i've done it through HHT and if they close my request i will send it to redtiz or someone directly as i think they'll reply. i told them i own a fansite and am bringing vip with premium features back on my fansite in september unless they tell me otherwise.

I wouldn't personally be surprised if they ignore you and plan to kick off "when you do it".

immense
25-08-2010, 04:44 PM
if they ignore me i'll email them directly individually, redtiz generally replies from her personal email

Apple
25-08-2010, 04:48 PM
If all the top official fansite owners joined up the power they would have would be unreal. Habbo aren't going to lose some of their most popular official fansites for the sake of VIP and at the end of the day even if you were to be made unofficial it's not going to change much.

Nemo
25-08-2010, 04:50 PM
If all the top official fansite owners joined up the power they would have would be unreal. Habbo aren't going to lose some of their most popular official fansites for the sake of VIP and at the end of the day even if you were to be made unofficial it's not going to change much.its not just for official, its for all, they CAN close down the site if they want

kk.
25-08-2010, 04:51 PM
If all the top official fansite owners joined up the power they would have would be unreal. Habbo aren't going to lose some of their most popular official fansites for the sake of VIP and at the end of the day even if you were to be made unofficial it's not going to change much.

exactly wrong. Do you know how many people are probably lining up to take over from habbox or any other site. The moment they find out, you'd be off that list and replaced within minutes probably.

Pyroka
25-08-2010, 04:58 PM
I guess Habbox can pride themselves in sayign its the Biggest and Most popular fansite in the world. I think that beats being Official.

kk.
25-08-2010, 04:59 PM
I guess Habbox can pride themselves in sayign its the Biggest and Most popular fansite in the world. I think that beats being Official.

its not so much being official. Theyll make you remove everything and anything to do with habbo, as they own the images

Pyroka
25-08-2010, 04:59 PM
exactly wrong. Do you know how many people are probably lining up to take over from habbox or any other site. The moment they find out, you'd be off that list and replaced within minutes probably.

how crap.

Apple
25-08-2010, 06:14 PM
I'd imagine that if it was an individual fansite protesting then that would probably be the case however I am talking ALL of the biggest fansites, there probably aren't even that many more Habbo fansites to replace them with, even if there are hardly anyone will of ever heard of them.

its not just for official, its for all, they CAN close down the site if they want
If it came to them threatening to shut all the sites down if they didn't obey the rules they have set, all we have to do is step down and end our campaign for VIP.

HotelUser
25-08-2010, 06:25 PM
We have asked. Read my full post.

I hope they say yes, VIP looks a million times better than donator :P

kk.
25-08-2010, 06:49 PM
I'd imagine that if it was an individual fansite protesting then that would probably be the case however I am talking ALL of the biggest fansites, there probably aren't even that many more Habbo fansites to replace them with, even if there are hardly anyone will of ever heard of them.

If it came to them threatening to shut all the sites down if they didn't obey the rules they have set, all we have to do is step down and end our campaign for VIP.

as i said, they wont care. Theres plenty of other people willing to take the places of even the biggest forums/sites

nvrspk4
25-08-2010, 08:04 PM
its not so much being official. Theyll make you remove everything and anything to do with habbo, as they own the images

That's what they threaten.

I heard something about ClubHabbo selling access to certain features like shoutboxes or something, if they got the go ahead it would be for all fansites no?

I suggest you designate a contact to be completely aggressive and demanding. Then if Habbo chafes and start threatening, you scapegoat the person, they leave, then you smooth over relations and woo the staff with how reasonable you are in comparison. Its foolproof.

immense
25-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Well I've used my official fansite badge to get contact and it's with a site I'm no longer with (SORRY KYLE AND STUEY) so it'll only end up bad on that fansite at no loss to Habbox.

Inseriousity.
25-08-2010, 08:26 PM
In reply to the above two posts, I nominate jake :P

I don't really mind about VIP! If you want free VIP, head on over to habbox comps (woo!)... or take the hard route and lobby sulake for it? sounds like a plan I suppose

immense
25-08-2010, 08:29 PM
I don't care either, it's just then Habbox will be able to offer incentives for people to buy VIP which will inevitably increase revenue = more profit or less money out of Jin's / Sierk's pockets - not sure if Habbox is running at a loss/profit at the moment.

Inseriousity.
25-08-2010, 08:32 PM
True true but I don't think "we're not interested in fansites anymore" - did they actually say that btw or you just going by their actions over the past year? - suddenly equates to 'let them do what they want.' If they're not interested, they won't care if we go down the drain :(

Nemo
25-08-2010, 08:32 PM
That's what they threaten.

I heard something about ClubHabbo selling access to certain features like shoutboxes or something, if they got the go ahead it would be for all fansites no?

I suggest you designate a contact to be completely aggressive and demanding. Then if Habbo chafes and start threatening, you scapegoat the person, they leave, then you smooth over relations and woo the staff with how reasonable you are in comparison. Its foolproof.
IM WILLING TO BE THAT PERSON!.....

......in exchange for unlimited VIP.

Josh
26-08-2010, 03:55 AM
I believe the premium services rule was created because some non-English speaking fansites were covering their costs by selling Habbo merchandise they created themselves (t-shirts with Habbo graphics on for instance) and that was a clear copyright violation. It could be that they're perhaps implemented the rule stricter than intended and I'll ask if it's possible to revisit that.

Stupid rule and it definitely needs to be looked at. VIP is so much better.

nvrspk4
26-08-2010, 04:12 AM
Stupid rule and it definitely needs to be looked at. VIP is so much better.

When was this? The ban was on offering premium services for money. Selling a t shirt is not selling a premium service, its selling a product, and not even a premium one. Some businesspeople they are...

(Directed at them, not at you)

Josh
26-08-2010, 04:18 AM
When was this? The ban was on offering premium services for money. Selling a t shirt is not selling a premium service, its selling a product, and not even a premium one. Some businesspeople they are...

(Directed at them, not at you)

Not sure, they didn't specificy it through the PM but it sucks we have to suffer for something so stupid and generalised.

nvrspk4
26-08-2010, 08:19 AM
Not sure, they didn't specificy it through the PM but it sucks we have to suffer for something so stupid and generalised.

No but when was the PM? I assume you don't mean on this forum?

Josh
26-08-2010, 08:29 AM

Quite recently actually...

16-08-2010 09:44 PM on this forum.

kk.
26-08-2010, 08:47 AM
I'm gonna suggest the idea of, buy VIP and get a coloured username. Do this, and you'll get some free upgrades! Etc etc. Its how people sell stuff on eBay which are virtual, and definitely not against there rule

Hecktix
26-08-2010, 10:28 AM

Could be nv, she has an account here: http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=72373 which she uses occasionally.

We know it's her because we banned her originally for obvious reasons, incase it was someone impersonating staff, then Matt got an email from her (A) (A) (A)

nvrspk4
26-08-2010, 10:02 PM
They used to refuse to discuss business on the forum, perhaps they were just lying to us :P

kk.
26-08-2010, 10:29 PM
I'm gonna suggest the idea of, buy VIP and get a coloured username. Do this, and you'll get some free upgrades! Etc etc. Its how people sell stuff on eBay which are virtual, and definitely not against there rule

Does anyone think that this is possible?

Nemo
26-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Dont see why not, i guess the "do this" could be like post in a thread saying you want whatever feature, might have to do that manually though which is a tad annoying.

Hecktix
26-08-2010, 10:32 PM

We have Sulake staff members on the forum :P

kk.
26-08-2010, 10:33 PM
Dont see why not, i guess the "do this" could be like post in a thread saying you want whatever feature, might have to do that manually though which is a tad annoying.

Oh no, it'd just be like habbox saying, here's a completely free gift for buying donator and supporting habbox.

---------- Post added 26-08-2010 at 11:33 PM ----------

So? :P it's not breaking their rule, so you're not doing anything wrong

Nemo
26-08-2010, 10:33 PM
well its a loop hole i say! Doesnt matter if they are or not :p

Oh no, it'd just be like habbox saying, here's a conpletely free gift for buying donator and supporting habbox.
dont see why not

Hecktix
26-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Oh no, it'd just be like habbox saying, here's a completely free gift for buying donator and supporting habbox.

It wouldn't work like that, Sulake can be strict when they want to be.

Nemo
26-08-2010, 10:36 PM
When they wanna be, if they're still busy with their merge and whatever money making schemes they're upto, they might just let it slip, cant hurt to try surely? Atleast the initial suggestion in this thread?

kk.
26-08-2010, 10:36 PM

But you can't deny it's not a loophole! I'm not saying to do it, but maybe another forum that doesn't mind could try it, and see if they get pulled up on it. It really is not breaking any rules on the fansite way, so they have no grounds until they change it.

Hecktix
26-08-2010, 10:38 PM
But you can't deny it's not a loophole! I'm not saying to do it, but maybe another forum that doesn't mind could try it, and see if they get pulled up on it. It really is not breaking any rules on the fansite way, so they have no grounds until they change it.

Hmm. I can't say it's a great loophole, because we'd only be giving these "free gifts" to those in a usergroup they would have to pay to be in.

Nemo
26-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Hmm. I can't say it's a great loophole, because we'd only be giving these "free gifts" to those in a usergroup they would have to pay to be in.
Perhaps make a thread in the forum that only donators can happen to see, saying post here if u want blahblah features.

kk.
26-08-2010, 10:41 PM

Ok, but to get around that, you make promotional usergroups or something, and have a 'buy donator today and we can give you some cool free features' and just drop them in the promo usergroup. It's the same, just they're not paying for the features, just the coloured username, you're giving it to the users free

Blob
26-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Ok, but to get around that, you make promotional usergroups or something, and have a 'buy donator today and we can give you some cool free features' and just drop them in the promo usergroup. It's the same, just they're not paying for the features, just the coloured username, you're giving it to the users free

You could also let people have a chance of winning this to make it seem like you don't have to buy it to get it.

nvrspk4
27-08-2010, 03:35 AM
Sorry to be a Negative Norman (or for FJ, Negative Nigel), but anyway here goes.

Was suggested at the time of the merge. The thing is, in reality its not any different from VIP no matter how we say it. Basically Habbox would be giving VIP, and just not mentioning the extra features on the donator page. This was suggested but all that would be accomplished would be confusion of the new members. Eventually someone who uses the forum and also runs a fansite would probably report us, which is why we had to remove VIP in the first place. That's how we know they enforce(d) it :P If we're taking this track we may as well reintroduce VIP and see if they care :P

Except that with VIP features they're an ongoing privilege so its not even like a one-time gift :P

You could also let people have a chance of winning this to make it seem like you don't have to buy it to get it.

You could win the old VIP too :P

Josh
27-08-2010, 06:53 AM
I reckon bring it back so you can buy it just to see if they get upset.

nvrspk4
27-08-2010, 07:08 AM
I reckon bring it back so you can buy it just to see if they get upset.

I'm not completely against that :P If Redtiz clearly said that the ban was meant to be against merchandise perhaps Habbo Staff will overlook it, even if it takes a few emails back and forth. I just wonder why they were so adamant about VIP before :P

Apple
27-08-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm not completely against that :P If Redtiz clearly said that the ban was meant to be against merchandise perhaps Habbo Staff will overlook it, even if it takes a few emails back and forth. I just wonder why they were so adamant about VIP before :P

They probably realised that many of the kids that play have set budgets they can spend per so long so if they cut out the VIP on fansites they may use, it means that money will instead be spent with them. Typical business really, it's just hideous though, how do they expect the fansites to be maintained?

Mrs.McCall
27-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Forgive my ignorance here and I haven't read all 6 pages but what's the difference between VIP and Donator? If I'm right in thinking VIP is mainly rewarded now I think this is a great idea and I am sure people in the competitions department would agree. I haven't been around for the VIP/Donator change so I apologise if I'm barking up the wrong tree here but surely it makes sense not to ruffle too many feathers at Sulake.

Hecktix
27-08-2010, 01:11 PM
Forgive my ignorance here and I haven't read all 6 pages but what's the difference between VIP and Donator? If I'm right in thinking VIP is mainly rewarded now I think this is a great idea and I am sure people in the competitions department would agree. I haven't been around for the VIP/Donator change so I apologise if I'm barking up the wrong tree here but surely it makes sense not to ruffle too many feathers at Sulake.

Donator = coloured name given as a thanks for donating to Habbox.

VIP = the whole shabang, features etc.

Sulake's rules say we can give aesthetic features but no more for money.

Mrs.McCall
27-08-2010, 11:18 PM
Ah. I see. Hmm... difficult situation.

This is probably already something in motion but why not have a donator raffle for all donators. Why not do a daily raffle and then the winner gets VIP. That way you're not paying for them but have a greater chance of getting all features.

Pyroka
27-08-2010, 11:27 PM
Should bring back VIP+ yknow... For the lolz.

nvrspk4
28-08-2010, 06:26 AM
They probably realised that many of the kids that play have set budgets they can spend per so long so if they cut out the VIP on fansites they may use, it means that money will instead be spent with them. Typical business really, it's just hideous though, how do they expect the fansites to be maintained?

Aye I think we worked this out even though they adamantly refused to give us a reason. And it makes business sense at first glance but they don't take into account the retention factor of fansites. How many users continue to play because their contacts made on fansites kept them around? I would bet that a decent amount of staff only still play for duties in relation to Habbox, as I did way back when :P And a lot of users are hopping on just for the HxSS. There was the other explanation about unlicensed merchandise being sold which would be legitimate, but if that's what they were aiming to stop, they missed the mark and directly targeted VIP for removal from sites.

You're not allowed to give a premium service/feature. By donating, people can't gain any extra functionality that a normal user has. The rationale I was provided by Habbo Staff was that the name color only recognized them, didn't give them special privileges.

Donator = coloured name given as a thanks for donating to Habbox.

VIP = the whole shabang, features etc.

Sulake's rules say we can give aesthetic features but no more for money.

Sulake's rules actually just say that you can't give "premium features such as VIP access". The aesthetic thing is a translation provided by a Habbo Staff member. Though I don't think they'd pull a fast one down the road, they might try it. But if it comes to it, Habbox can make the argument that the name color is aesthetic, not a service, and it is legitimate (especially because they came up with it first.)

Nixt
28-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Just to point out to people that all these lovely loopholes really are quite brilliantly thought out and if we were talking about a precise legal contract could perhaps be exploited, but what one must bear in mind is that we are discussing the fansite rules created by Sulake / Habbo - they don't care for loopholes and if they wanted to shut us down, loophole or not, they could - and we're not really prepared to take that risk until Habbo staff themselves make it clear what we can or cannot do.

syko2006
28-08-2010, 08:17 PM
What if part of that loophole was to donate to HX and the ''vip features'' were optional? I've no idea if that'd make a difference tbh, just wanted to get some input in and hopefully be of help lol. :)

GommeInc
28-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Pfft, I'm still waiting for Habbo to go bankrupt. Their drop in revenue and population in the last few years is hilarious. It all started when Dionysus and Callie left, when Habbo was a community website offering premium services, rather than a commerical website offering community services. Everyone knows my grudge against them, they're stupid and disappointing, and offer a half-baked "boring" service which isn't fun nor sociable.

What if part of that loophole was to donate to HX and the ''vip features'' were optional? I've no idea if that'd make a difference tbh, just wanted to get some input in and hopefully be of help lol. :)
That's like a prostitute selling her services by selling paper origami, but the sex just so happens to come as an optional extra. It won't work, and if it did, Habbo would just have a go anyway, because "they just can" :P

syko2006
28-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Pfft, I'm still waiting for Habbo to go bankrupt. Their drop in revenue and population in the last few years is hilarious. It all started when Dionysus and Callie left, when Habbo was a community website offering premium services, rather than a commerical website offering community services. Everyone knows my grudge against them, they're stupid and disappointing, and offer a half-baked "boring" service which isn't fun nor sociable.

That's like a prostitute selling her services by selling paper origami, but the sex just so happens to come as an optional extra. It won't work, and if it did, Habbo would just have a go anyway, because "they just can" :P

To be honest, that's exactly what it's like isn't it lmao! xD Was just a thought. :')

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!