PDA

View Full Version : A Levels/college

Shar
25-08-2010, 07:04 PM
I have this friend who just turned 18 this year and would like to do A Levels, however he's not too sure if he would have to pay for his second year of A Levels as he will be turning 19 that year.

Does anyone know any colleges in London that do intensive a level courses, or if he would have to pay for his second year of a levels?

+rep for advice :)

Samantha
25-08-2010, 07:08 PM
You could always get your friend to search some colleges websites as they might have them on there - unless he has no internet then you could do it for him. However, if the websites are rarely updated, you could still search on them and get the numbers to phone up! There is no harm in trying as most colleges are open this week for enrolment days and such.

Shar
25-08-2010, 07:10 PM
We've been doing that all day, and I've suggested him to call colleges of course :)

Samantha
25-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Always one step ahead Shar, as I said really no harm in trying. If he can't find any how about he widens his search to just outside London - However, as London is really massive I'm sure at least one could steer him in the right direction and give him the details! :)

Shar
25-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Always one step ahead Shar, as I said really no harm in trying. If he can't find any how about he widens his search to just outside London - However, as London is really massive I'm sure at least one could steer him in the right direction and give him the details! :)
Unfortunately, he can't do that because he lives in London and travel will be a big issue. He's still looking though. Thanks for the advice :)

Alexx..
25-08-2010, 07:40 PM
He could always do like night courses/a year course? But yeah i'm pretty sure he'll have to pay for them in his 2nd year.

Nixt
25-08-2010, 07:47 PM
I was 18 when I restarted college and I didn't have to pay. I have turned 19 since and still do not have to pay, because I started the A Level course before I turned 19. I *assume* it's the same elsewhere and to be fair I know my tutor has had to pull a few strings, but I assume it's possible. Just have him ring around :)

Rapidshare
25-08-2010, 09:35 PM
Better start quickly too. Courses are starting very very soon

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!