PDA

View Full Version : Headphones for iPhone?

Johno
25-08-2010, 08:19 PM
Hey,

I'm looking into buying a new pair of headphones for my iPhone as the standard apple ones are falling to pieces and are (as usual) crap.

So, I am just wondering if there are headphones that can be recommended - It is essential that they have an in-line remote and a microphone. I welcome all suggestions, I have a budget of around £30.

I remember seeing some sort of adapter that allowed you to plug a normal pair of headphones in and offered you the functionality of an inline remote + mic, but I can't seem to find that product anywhere.

Thread moved here by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): From 'Technology Discussion'.

Samantha.
25-08-2010, 08:27 PM
I think the best place for you to look would be in Argos, HMV and maybe Amazon They may do different ones other than the apple ones!

Special
25-08-2010, 08:30 PM
i got my last ones from argos becausem y mum was getting some stuff from there

any are good tbh as long as you don't get the cheapest ones you should be fine

iBlueBox
25-08-2010, 09:19 PM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003L76KRQ/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0NMN6TRSZK7ND0MN8549&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

I ordered these for my iPad 2 days ago they seem nice.

Rapidshare
25-08-2010, 09:24 PM
I like the in-ear apple ones.

Alexx..
25-08-2010, 09:27 PM
I have skullcandy ones and JVC ones they're pretty good. I'd go for some sennheiser ones they seem good.

Jam
25-08-2010, 09:42 PM
The 'gummy' style ones from places like Currys seem to be durable and they're only seven or eight quid.

Recursion
26-08-2010, 08:19 AM
Skullcandy suck.

You want in ears? Get some Sennheiser CX-300 IIs. :)

JACKTARD
29-08-2010, 03:42 PM
I like the in-ear apple ones.

you can usually find products pretty much the same as apple product but without the apple pricetag, know of any which are cheaper than the apple ones which are as good, if not better quality?

Recursion
29-08-2010, 04:21 PM
All of Apple's earbuds/earphones etc are actually ****. No joke, it's been proven.

Plean
29-08-2010, 04:22 PM
My headphones for my iphone and ipod break all the time i go to O2 shop or argos for them.

MrPinkPanther
29-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Apple headphones are ****. True story.

Apple
30-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Skullcandy suck.

I can vouch for this, I have CX400 II's and they are leaps ahead of the standard apple earphones in terms of quality and reliability.

All of Apple's earbuds/earphones etc are actually ****. No joke, it's been proven.
As a massive fan of Apple I can also admit that they are all just crap. As I have upgraded through iphones/ipods and gotten new earphones each time they have ALL just ended up broken. Believe it or not the the latest apple earphones I have had lasted 2 or 3 days before I could hear a clicking noise in the left speaker every time there was some bass. They are terrible, the rating of them on Apple's site says it all.

Recursion
30-08-2010, 09:02 PM
I can vouch for this, I have CX400 II's and they are leaps ahead of the standard apple earphones in terms of quality and reliability.

As a massive fan of Apple I can also admit that they are all just crap. As I have upgraded through iphones/ipods and gotten new earphones each time they have ALL just ended up broken. Believe it or not the the latest apple earphones I have had lasted 2 or 3 days before I could hear a clicking noise in the left speaker every time there was some bass. They are terrible, the rating of them on Apple's site says it all.

I haven't actually had any problems with Apple earphones as such, so this time my Apple hate is genuine, the quality just sucks haha.

But yeah, Sennheiser seems to be the way to go for some cheap/half decent quality earbuds nowadays :P

Johno
30-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Does anyone have any info on like this mythical adapter that I remember seeing?

"I remember seeing some sort of adapter that allowed you to plug a normal pair of headphones in and offered you the functionality of an inline remote + mic, but I can't seem to find that product anywhere." - I thought it was a Belkin product but I can't see it on their site.

It's really annoying, I had a look in HMV today for a new pair of headphones but the ones that have in-line remotes all look pretty sucky, and for a decent pair, its like £45.

Casio
02-09-2010, 04:03 PM
Had a trip to currys today and ended up deciding between some Sennheiser's or Philips and I ended choosing the Philips they costed £10 more but are amazing!

MattFr
02-09-2010, 04:08 PM
Skullcandy suck.

Cheap trash.

Head-direct RE0 all the way, might be a tad over budget though.

Recursion
02-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Cheap trash.

Head-direct RE0 all the way, might be a tad over budget though.

Well yeah, but you can't go wrong with those Sennheisers for £15!! :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!