PDA

View Full Version : Post a random fact thread

dogboy123
26-08-2010, 08:03 PM
its just pointless, people only use it to ghet their post count up its just trash in there

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=637044&page=46

Calvin
26-08-2010, 08:05 PM
its just pointless, people only use it to ghet their post count up its just trash in there

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=637044&page=46I agree, I was going to post a while ago but forgot. People only use it to raise their postcount, even if you move it to spam you'll notice it would die because people don't get their posts up in it. Move it to spam anyway.

Btw, why is what are you currently eating/drinking in Discuss Anything? It should be in Food & Drink.. http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=556687&page=418

dogboy123
26-08-2010, 08:09 PM
Yeah people will stop posting once they stop getting their post count up from it

Jordan
26-08-2010, 08:13 PM
I agree, I was going to post a while ago but forgot. People only use it to raise their postcount, even if you move it to spam you'll notice it would die because people don't get their posts up in it. Move it to spam anyway.

Btw, why is what are you currently eating/drinking in Discuss Anything? It should be in Food & Drink.. http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=556687&page=418

some sections got merged into different ones, so food and drink merged in discuss anything

dogboy123
26-08-2010, 08:15 PM
also 'what are you doing now' thread is pointless

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=657806&p=6702985#post6702985

Nemo
26-08-2010, 08:19 PM
I agree. I'd asked about these threads before and was told that "there's exceptions to the rules" but was never quite told why they're an exception since they all absolutely no discussion in them, and promote pointless posting.

Muct
26-08-2010, 08:27 PM
I agree. I'd asked about these threads before and was told that "there's exceptions to the rules" but was never quite told why they're an exception since they all absolutely no discussion in them, and promote pointless posting.

Yeah, same with the what are you listening to thread, the chances that a discussion is going to be made is slim, and another reply is even slimmer.
With the posting competition on they're just being spammed, and I admit, some of it is me lol.
Is it possible to stop post count from increasing in one specific thread? If it is then do it to them, if not I guess just move it to spam or something.

Samantha.
26-08-2010, 08:28 PM
All the threads like that get spammed and I have been doing it recently and its unacceptable! I think there should be a rule saying how often your allowed to post in the thread or move them to spam

Ajthedragon
26-08-2010, 09:19 PM
At the end of the day, does it really matter, its a post count. I think its nice you get rewarded for your randomfactness. ;)

EDIT: Equally everyone can post an individual random fact and get their post counts up with threads.

Nemo
26-08-2010, 09:22 PM
At the end of the day, does it really matter, its a post count. I think its nice you get rewarded for your randomfactness. ;)

EDIT: Equally everyone can post an individual random fact and get their post counts up with threads.
Well, because there's a posting competition really. It's a competition and people shouldn't be able to spam to win it.

And sure they can do that so that its on a level playing field, but then what does that mean for the forum? Just less interesting discussion and an overall less interesting forum to read since ppl are in there spamming to win a comp or look cooler.

Also, post count is generally used as a kind of rep to see whether that person is trustworthy or not, kind of doesnt help that if someone just spammed their way there

Ajthedragon
26-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Well, because there's a posting competition really. It's a competition and people shouldn't be able to spam to win it.

And sure they can do that so that its on a level playing field, but then what does that mean for the forum? Just less interesting discussion and an overall less interesting forum to read since ppl are in there spamming to win a comp or look cooler.

Also, post count is generally used as a kind of rep to see whether that person is trustworthy or not, kind of doesnt help that if someone just spammed their way there

If theres a posting competition then fair does, it ain't fair.

Sarah
26-08-2010, 09:29 PM
I believe there is some sort of rule for posting in them - not totally sure. I think if someone is continually posting in them (for example 5 or 6 in one day) then if you alert it to a Moderator they will take action on the situation. I agree that maybe not all three threads are not needed and are over used by some users. As I said if you alert a Super moderator or the moderators for the specific section then they will take action on it.

Hecktix
26-08-2010, 09:36 PM
I believe there is some sort of rule for posting in them - not totally sure. I think if someone is continually posting in them (for example 5 or 6 in one day) then if you alert it to a Moderator they will take action on the situation. I agree that maybe not all three threads are not needed and are over used by some users. As I said if you alert a Super moderator or the moderators for the specific section then they will take action on it.

This is correct :)
Should you think someone is spamming in these kinds of threads (i.e. 5-10 times a day say), contact a Super Moderator or specific section moderator and they will deal with it - we do not allow the use of these threads like that and it should be clamped down on hard. I'm going away tomorrow but when I get time I will glance through these threads to see if I feel moderators are keeping on top of it.

If you think someone has used these threads to cheat in the Posting Competition, then I suggest you PM me before midnight :P

Hecktix
26-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Two users have been disqualifed from the Habbox Summer Spectacular posting competition for spamming such threads.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!