PDA

View Full Version : Volunteering Ideas

Joey-
28-08-2010, 01:10 AM
Hi, my name's Joe. I'm a Junior (11th year) in high school, and I'm currently taking I.B. courses.
I.B. stands for International Baccalaureate; which is basically international students, that are gifted, being given greater opportunities to strive in the future.
In I.B. you take numerous courses that prepare you for your sophomore year in college. I say sophomore because, as our I.B. teachers say, we're going to act as if we're freshmen in college during our senior year in high school. A part of becoming prepared for college, means earning a good college resume.
While we have several classes throughout the day, we have a specific class called C.A.S. C.A.S. stands for Community Action and Service. Basically what this class is for is to teach us to give to the community, and to put volunteer hours onto our college resumes.
With that being said, I need to help with ideas as to how I should volunteer. I've already taken up a few freshmen to tutor, as well as my girlfriend's mom (I still need to figure out if I can count that as community service, although I am about 95% sure it does, as long as I don't receive payment for it), also by playing on my school's baseball team I earn volunteer hours.

The concept is pretty simple: Give me volunteer ideas. +rep will of course be rewarded to ideas not previously stated by other users or myself.

dbgtz
28-08-2010, 09:37 AM
you could fly to pakistan (or wherever that flood is) and give aid (lol jk)
urrm, any sort of pet shelters or something you could volunteer at? old folks homes maybe?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!