PDA

View Full Version : My Windows Live Messenger is so broken...

Axel
28-08-2010, 03:57 PM
Right, so I tried installing the new Windows Live Beta or whatever a few weeks ago, the install failed cos it said I wasn't connected to the internet which I was, and since then I can't sign onto normal Windows Live Messenger. Every time I try to sign in it says the service is temporarily unavailable and gives me error code 80040154. And every time I try the Windows Live Beta installer, it gives me the same stuff about failing to install because it's not connected to the internet.

Also, I can still get on Windows Live Messenger (the log in bit) but it doesn't say it's even installed in my installed programs section on the control panel...

Jack!
29-08-2010, 05:52 PM
System restore to before you installed the beta, nothing is lost either, start -> All Programs then maintance or something like that.

Special
29-08-2010, 05:54 PM
same thing happened to me so i stopped using it in protest lol

Axel
29-08-2010, 06:34 PM
System restore to before you installed the beta, nothing is lost either, start -> All Programs then maintance or something like that.

My system restore doesn't go back that far.

Nikkkkkki
31-08-2010, 12:16 AM
Mine was the same..
When the error did it's thing, I clicked the Cancel button which bought up this other page.
There was this thingy saying fix this problem through the internet.
I did so, took a few mins, and now it works(:

Axel
13-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Lol, I finally found the fix. I tried everything, except messing with my firewall. I changed my protection for web and file anti virus from 'highest' to 'default' and added all the windows live update sites to 'trusted websites' and now it's working. I probably should have known.

HotelUser
13-09-2010, 10:10 PM
I wouldn't say that's your fault.

You'd think companies (especially Redmond herself) would know to put the green light on any of Microsoft's services :P

Rapidshare
14-09-2010, 07:26 PM
That would under 'default'. Putting it as 'Highest' is just too much...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!