PDA

View Full Version : What's with the '#' (+rep)

Slowpoke
29-08-2010, 10:47 PM
One of my accounts has '#' at the end of its name now. How do I get rid :|

(+rep 4 halp)

Special
29-08-2010, 10:49 PM
it's because you wern't the first person to make that username from .com, .sg, .ca & .com.au since they were merged

if you had the same username from anyone from the other hotels, the latter person to make it had to put up with a # at the end. .com was '$', .sg was '*' dunno about the rest

Slowpoke
29-08-2010, 10:51 PM
That's pretty awful...

Thanks though

Special
29-08-2010, 10:52 PM
what's awful? my wording or the idea of having a # at the end of your username lol

Slowpoke
29-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Door number two. I can't believe how badly the merge has gone for some people

syko2006
29-08-2010, 11:17 PM
You can change your name though, right?

Edit: I looked through the FAQ but I couldn't find the bit about being able to change your name. :( I know you can change it but I don't know how and it can only be changed once. :)

Amberr
30-08-2010, 12:05 AM
You can change your name though, right?

Edit: I looked through the FAQ but I couldn't find the bit about being able to change your name. :( I know you can change it but I don't know how and it can only be changed once. :)

To change your name when you have '#' or whatever
(i think) you have to go to your own room on habbo and it will come up with a box that includes a search tool on it. Type in names and it searches to see if its available or not and if it is avaialbe it gives you the option if you want to change it to that.

Wonderful
30-08-2010, 12:43 PM
It's not based on who made the account first, it's based on which account was more active e.g. online time
~just thought I'd say

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!