PDA

View Full Version : CS4 - Windows => Mac

emotional
31-08-2010, 12:12 PM
Hi,

I purchased a copy of Adobe Design Premium CS4 last year for Windows, however now I'm wanting to go Apple and buy a Macbook. Is it possible to do some sort of platform exchange? I'd hate to fork out another large chunk of money for a Mac copy of the software.

Thanks! :)

Recursion
31-08-2010, 12:18 PM
I've wondered this in the past aswell, I'd check this thread out, it's fairly confusing and there are many different answers though :(

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/332157

It seems you'll have to upgrade to Design Premium CS5 to switch it to Mac.

emotional
06-09-2010, 06:31 PM
What a joke... I have no need at all to cash out the extra whatever it is just to switch to a Mac.

HotelUser
06-09-2010, 07:57 PM
If I bought this outright and then switched OSes I would feel no guilt obtaining CS4 via other methods :P

emotional
06-09-2010, 08:07 PM
If I bought this outright and then switched OSes I would feel no guilt obtaining CS4 via other methods :P

I was going to torrent it, but since I received my final warning from BT I've started being a good Samaritan and I now buy all my software, music etc...

HotelUser
06-09-2010, 08:14 PM
I was going to torrent it, but since I received my final warning from BT I've started being a good Samaritan and I now buy all my software, music etc...

Zinger. Especially having to buy all your music which adds up quickly.

I didn't think ISPs could trace what you're downloading if you download with SSL though -- although I could be entirely wrong :P

Rapidshare
06-09-2010, 11:07 PM
Download CS4 and use the use the product code on that....meh I would just download it, if ISP askes, just tell them you wanted to downloaded it but you got a key for it...hardly a crime

Recursion
07-09-2010, 06:32 AM
Download CS4 and use the use the product code on that....meh I would just download it, if ISP askes, just tell them you wanted to downloaded it but you got a key for it...hardly a crime

You can't Windows Adobe * CS4 and Mac Adobe * CS4 keys are different.

Rapidshare
07-09-2010, 04:31 PM
You can't Windows Adobe * CS4 and Mac Adobe * CS4 keys are different.

Yeh but if ISP askes why you downloading blah blah whatever file, he just say he already got the program lisence...ISP is not gonna really check if it for mac or windows lol..

Recursion
07-09-2010, 05:26 PM
He should still just contact Adobe and ask them to transfer it, what's the point in pirating it and going through hassle when you can use a legit version and keep it up to date without worries of spyware and viruses :P

HotelUser
07-09-2010, 07:22 PM
If pirating is the path to follow you could get the legitimate download and then obtain a serial/key at a friends, or a cellphone, surly.

He should still just contact Adobe and ask them to transfer it, what's the point in pirating it and going through hassle when you can use a legit version and keep it up to date without worries of spyware and viruses :P

I didn't know Adobe honoured OS changes with their products :O

Recursion
07-09-2010, 07:27 PM
If pirating is the path to follow you could get the legitimate download and then obtain a serial/key at a friends, or a cellphone, surly.

I didn't know Adobe honoured OS changes with their products :O

Well, it's worth a shot, no one seems to know whether they do or not :S

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!