PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Reveals New 360 Controller

Stephen!
31-08-2010, 05:53 PM
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/08/500x_dpad.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5626526/microsoft-reveals-new-360-controller-with-transforming-d+pad

Nemo
31-08-2010, 05:56 PM
It looks the same but shinier.....

Or am i missing something here?

Grippz
31-08-2010, 05:56 PM
They made it silver?....

Edit;

I really like the D-Pad feature!

Chris
31-08-2010, 05:59 PM
Looks aweful. I wont be getting it.

dbgtz
31-08-2010, 06:03 PM
god the analog sticks look really out of place
tbh its just to rip people out of money, any idiot who buys it because of the d-pad and shine is completely ******ed.
what a rip off.

also lol @ the ABXY

also coincidental that it releases the same day as black ops?

GoldenMerc
31-08-2010, 06:42 PM
The D-pad is good the rest looks like a microsoft attempt of being modern

Firehorse
31-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Hmm, only thing they've done is update the colour and made the D-pad a little more like the playstation controller. It's still got that mega sized external battery pack and will probably lose connection periodically just as much as the old controller. I'm surprised they didn't do a controller update simultaneously to the release of the latest xbox.

Plean
31-08-2010, 08:15 PM
I might get it. *REMOVED*

Edited by Cosmic (Forum Super Moderator) Please do not ask for reputation, thanks!

Neil
31-08-2010, 08:28 PM
will probably lose connection periodically just as much as the old controller.

I've been using my xbox often for the past 3 years and that has NEVER happened to me before, not once has my controller just died for any other reason that no battery so I'm not sure who you get your information from but they're an idiot.

Gibs960
31-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Everythin looks the same, they should make it orange or somethin. But that's just the same :|

Pyroka
31-08-2010, 08:37 PM
shiny.....

but seriously, i dont like the fact the buttons look to be grey or white or black. that could do my nut in.

dbgtz
31-08-2010, 08:44 PM
Hmm, only thing they've done is update the colour and made the D-pad a little more like the playstation controller. It's still got that mega sized external battery pack and will probably lose connection periodically just as much as the old controller. I'm surprised they didn't do a controller update simultaneously to the release of the latest xbox.

More money, simples.

this is not just a rip off
its a M$ rip off, which costs £10 more.

thats my slogan for M$ now.

Narnat,
31-08-2010, 08:44 PM
Yeah I would agree, Everything does look the same. It's just gotten shiny-er

Xtina
31-08-2010, 09:54 PM
I think it looks a bit colourless :(

samsaBEAR
31-08-2010, 11:15 PM
Seems pointless to me, I'm happy with the normal wireless controllers, I hope these news ones don't replace the old ones/become the default for new consoles

.Liam
01-09-2010, 07:02 AM
It looks shiny. But would you really used the raised D-Pad?

kk.
01-09-2010, 09:26 AM
I'm sorry but, why don't they just have a permanent raised d-pad? Pointless feature. I'd see no use in having it lowered as the analog sticks do everything else you want.. It's raised the price a whole lot too. It's $35 to buy a standard controller, or $65 for this one! That's about £20 more!

Ashley 12344
02-09-2010, 03:11 PM
More money, simples.

this is not just a rip off
its a M$ rip off, which costs £10 more.

thats my slogan for M$ now.

I could understand you saying that if they took the other controllers off sale, but they aren't. Its optional, not really much of a rip off, people will only pay what they want to pay when theres a wholly viable alternative on offer.

Also, whoever mentioned about the controls randomly turning off, you can fix it in about 10 seconds with a pen. They'll probably of sorted that on this one anyway, I'd expect.

samsaBEAR
11-09-2010, 10:35 AM
I must admit I'm sort of changing my mind about this. I need a new controller, and if the raised D-Pad means it's more precise, it'll definitely be a help in games like Gears where the D-Pad controls weapon changing. Nothings worse than thinking you're changing to the shotgun and accidentally getting out a smoke grenade

Camy
11-09-2010, 08:18 PM
I think this is so pointless, I've never had any problems with the d-pad tbh. I prefer the wired controller anyway, its good not having the battery pack getting in the way.

kk.
11-09-2010, 08:27 PM
I think this is so pointless, I've never had any problems with the d-pad tbh. I prefer the wired controller anyway, its good not having the battery pack getting in the way.

have you tried the ps3 controller? or in fact, any other playstation controller. If youve used them, youll realise how awkward the old xbox controllers were. because theyre all joined, and has the diagonal buttons available, its relatively hard to hit, for example, left accurately.

Camy
11-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Yeah, I've got every playstation. I personally really don't mind the d-pad on the xbox though.

kk.
11-09-2010, 08:56 PM
Yeah, I've got every playstation. I personally really don't mind the d-pad on the xbox though.

youre crazy then :P

GommeInc
11-09-2010, 10:26 PM
I see the "latest Xbox 360" chucked around alot lately which makes me question, is the new 360 the only model that can use Kinect? I read an article and it kinda hinted towards it :/ Does this new controller even have the same style as the console itself?

kk.
11-09-2010, 10:32 PM
I see the "latest Xbox 360" chucked around alot lately which makes me question, is the new 360 the only model that can use Kinect? I read an article and it kinda hinted towards it :/ Does this new controller even have the same style as the console itself?

as far as i know, kinect works with all the 360 consoles. Theyre probably just trying to sell the new xbox. Take the playstation move. They'd prefer to sell the newer versions as theyre probably getting more profit out of them than the older ones

dbgtz
11-09-2010, 10:46 PM

@the kinect bit the new one has a direct port whereas the old versions you would need to plug it in a plug along with the xbox.

GommeInc
12-09-2010, 12:19 AM
@the kinect bit the new one has a direct port whereas the old versions you would need to plug it in a plug along with the xbox.
Ah I see, makes sense now. I was getting ready to say "So the Xbox 360 is now an old console, and the Kinect model is now a new Xbox console with the same name as the old one" :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!