PDA

View Full Version : Getting a Great Dane!

Apple
01-09-2010, 11:58 PM
Merging Animals and Pets with discuss anything was a bad idea imo, I bet this thread doesn't get many if not any replies at all however if it was in Animals and Pets it would. :'(

Anyway I'm just really excited as we have just gone and bought a new dog after our old dog died 3 months ago. It's a male Great Dane so they grow extremely large and has to have its food on a small table with it being so big, that's all I really know about them... We couldn't take him now because he isn't old enough, we get him a week on monday when he is 8 weeks old. Already decided he's gonna be called Borris, the reason being there is an actor in a James Bond film who shouts "I am invincible!" so we decided to name him after him lol.. So does anyone know anything at all about them? As I do not know anything. :P

Random pic from the internet:

http://www.fordogtrainers.com/ProductImages/customers/muzzles/wire/great-dane-william-margo/great-dane-william-margo-main.jpg

Really excited, gonna be great to have a new friend around the house after our last dog died. :/

Rixion
02-09-2010, 12:07 AM
OOh they are big doggies! :)

Sarah
02-09-2010, 11:44 AM
woah those dogs are huge!

myke
02-09-2010, 12:09 PM
i love great danes, someone in my family used to have one, it was so friendly, beautiful dogs :p

although, more like bloody donkeys - you have to have a huge garden for them and they cant walk too far i dont think

Apple
02-09-2010, 01:51 PM
OOh they are big doggies! :)

woah those dogs are huge!
Yeh I think they are the biggest breed of dog there is lol.

i love great danes, someone in my family used to have one, it was so friendly, beautiful dogs :p

although, more like bloody donkeys - you have to have a huge garden for them and they cant walk too far i dont think

Just been doing a little research on them and you are right about them being limited for exercise, it is just while they are still growing then after that they are fine really. Can you remember if it was ever viscous to anyone and how long did it live for?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!