PDA

View Full Version : HxHD

Grig
03-09-2010, 04:55 PM
Heya,

Was just sitting in HxHD for a bit cause it was rainy and Jake was there ye. But what I noticed and from what I saw there aren't really so many things to promote the help desk, usually it is the same old folks sitting there day and night. Is there still a quiz? I also think there need to be a few more quests etc. which were popular when Ben was managing and stuff. It just seems pretty dull and dead nowadays.

Also, there haven't been any staff practically at all today in the help desk and it is the peak period on Friday.

Just thought I'd share my 2 cents on the issue guys :).

JerseySafety
03-09-2010, 05:01 PM
I agree with you Grig.
The help desk has become alot quieter not to sure why but hmm, maybe if David, Shar or other Staff do more Events revolving around the Help-Desk it will become more popular.

Yupt
03-09-2010, 05:03 PM
Agreed

HxHD has been more or less empty all day, there's been practically noone behind the desk all day, and it's not like there's no staff online.

Hecktix
03-09-2010, 05:04 PM
To be honest everything's a bit quieter as a lot of people are back to school therefore not persuing their usual online activities, give them a few days and they'll be back into their routine :p

Our Help Desk Takeovers always get a good reception and there'll be another one of those soon, not quite sure when due to a few difficulties but yeah :)

Inseriousity.
03-09-2010, 05:05 PM
I think HxSS has just took the breath out of everyone and now they're all fed up of Habbo for a bit. :P
It'll be back to normal eventually I think. :)

PS. I've seen Phil, Lizzie and Jess so far today so there are staff around somewhere.

despect
03-09-2010, 05:07 PM
I do agree with grig, hxhd has recently been less popular, i think we still do the saturday night quiz? which is normally very popular :).

i also quite like the idea of doing more quests but as oli said more people are back at school now so they don't come on as much due to school work etc etc.

Nixt
03-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Yeah I'm with Oli and Mike on this, I do think that HxSS twinned with the back to school time of year has seen a practically Habbox wide slump (forum included). It normally picks up but at the same time it would be nice to see more happening surrounding HxHD too, which is something we will take into account.

Mathew
03-09-2010, 05:12 PM
HxHD has been pretty much empty for the past few weeks but that's probably down to people being in the HxSS events rather than the help desk. However these past few days (now it's ended)... it still seems to be really quiet. All the people who keep it busy have been banned! :P

I haven't seen a Saturday Night Quiz in ages but that's probably due to HxSS too.. I hope they haven't forgotten the raffle that is promised each month too.. :rolleyes: ;)

Yupt
03-09-2010, 05:16 PM
HxSS ended a good few days ago, and not all the schools have gone back, and even so, it's 6 and there's 1 member of staff there..

Plus, HxHD is the front line for Habbox on Habbo, if there's been almost noone there all day then obviously things need to be changed.

Calvin
03-09-2010, 06:01 PM
Yeah, I've been in there a few times the past few week, well not much but yano but everytime I've been in there theres been a few people in there, the staff are great but I guess it's because of school. Theres not much you can do to promote the helpdesk because people get bored of quests and especially quizzes as the same people win each month.

Theres not much you can do because it's the time of the year.

xxMATTGxx
03-09-2010, 06:23 PM
I agree with some peoples post in this thread. HxSS really took it out of HxHD while everyone wanted to and play events and do everything for that, yes HxSS is over but that does not mean a whole rush of people will go back to HxHD again. It's early days and like everyone has said, September is a month when everyone who is still at school/college or even Uni (I guess) is about to get ready to go back and people tend to get more busier and busier. I believe the quiz should still be happening and I'm sure when either David or Shar comes along they can plan anything extra if they wish to do so.

-Nick
03-09-2010, 06:33 PM
Umm I do igree with matt once there was staff in there and they where there but I broke a rule on purpuse to see if they wher doing there job and they just carried on talkin

Jordan
03-09-2010, 06:41 PM
I have been then often the past couple of days, Just not today because I had to go vets then I went out for dinner and then I had to clean the house.

But yes I do think there should be some more quests, they are fun to do. Also There are saturday night quizes, from what I know of

HotelUser
03-09-2010, 07:32 PM
It's time we started to plan some more events!

I've created a thread in our staff forums discussing ideas for another event (such as the sleepover although this time we're going to put more planning into it and there's going to be more staff involvement). If anyone else has any creative event ideas (I know Calvin had some excellent suggestions) Shar and I would love to hear about them!

Hayleigh
03-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Well im in there very random hours but there is normally staff except about 12ish(midday), but i guess its cos that is school time >:( I agree with the events the sleepover got the room full at one point and if the event had been more active, rather than only mini events near the begining of the sleepover it probrably could of stayed busy most of the night, so events are really good :)

Jordan
03-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Btw, instead of making a new thread, But in the Habbo Mall, the habbox teleporter is still in jins room, which is like a mess. Should we think of moving it sometime?

Josh
04-09-2010, 07:40 AM
It's time we started to plan some more events!

I've created a thread in our staff forums discussing ideas for another event (such as the sleepover although this time we're going to put more planning into it and there's going to be more staff involvement). If anyone else has any creative event ideas (I know Calvin had some excellent suggestions) Shar and I would love to hear about them!

I swear to god if you do another sleepover...............

Nixt
04-09-2010, 08:02 AM
Btw, instead of making a new thread, But in the Habbo Mall, the habbox teleporter is still in jins room, which is like a mess. Should we think of moving it sometime?

Excellent point :). We will get that traded over (assuming that is possible?) as soon as possible.

Blob
04-09-2010, 10:22 AM
Excellent point :). We will get that traded over (assuming that is possible?) as soon as possible.

They are untradeable. (I think?)

dogboy123
04-09-2010, 10:47 AM
They're tradable I think. Cause I remember when someone got CHs tele, and they were selling it on here

Mathew
04-09-2010, 10:51 AM
I thought you had to be an official fansite rep to hold the mall teleport, but it seems like the whole system has collapsed anyway :rolleyes:

Nixt
04-09-2010, 12:51 PM
The fansite rep system is completely pointless at the moment. Fansites have been removed, closed down, owners changed and the badges have never changed. Reps now have no direct contact with Habbo Staff... so I can't see the switching of a tele being a problem (unless they're untradeable, wouldn't know).

Storking
04-09-2010, 02:08 PM
i loveeee this idea

hxhd is usually dead and you can't just blame it on school or hxss because it's never a real bundle of joy

the managers and staff should be holding regular, weekly quizzes and comps in the room (half of the room is unused so maybe events can be held in there every few days...... as long as mattg is there to help ofc lol)

Posts merged by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Double post caused by Forum Lag

Calvin
04-09-2010, 04:18 PM
i loveeee this idea

hxhd is usually dead and you can't just blame it on school or hxss because it's never a real bundle of joy

the managers and staff should be holding regular, weekly quizzes and comps in the room (half of the room is unused so maybe events can be held in there every few days...... as long as mattg is there to help ofc lol)

Posts merged by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Double post caused by Forum LagAs far as I know they're trying to plan as much events and quests as they can, but theres not much you can do to promote a helpdesk, most new users will be put off by the name thinking that it's used for help only.

The other side of the room could be used but then you'll have a few users moaning 'Oh it's too laggy' so yeah.

Sharon
04-09-2010, 04:19 PM
CHANGING THE TOPIC HERE

hxhd has been empty for 2 and a half hours ...

Mathew
04-09-2010, 04:38 PM
As far as I know they're trying to plan as much events and quests as they can, but theres not much you can do to promote a helpdesk, most new users will be put off by the name thinking that it's used for help only.

Why not call it Habbox Lounge?

Oh no I didn't just say that!!

Calvin
04-09-2010, 04:41 PM

Oh no I didn't just say that!!Although I somewhat agree, I doubt that would happen due to management saying no. Although I think the room name could be changed so users realise they can chill in there.

Josh
04-09-2010, 04:45 PM

Oh no I didn't just say that!!

I'm all for a lounge, nothing would change really. THEN THEY CAN SELL RIGHTS LIKE THE JADE TRADE. I quite like that idea.

iDices
04-09-2010, 05:00 PM
To be honest everything's a bit quieter as a lot of people are back to school therefore not persuing their usual online activities, give them a few days and they'll be back into their routine :p

Our Help Desk Takeovers always get a good reception and there'll be another one of those soon, not quite sure when due to a few difficulties but yeah :)
True that, Unfornatly many people have quitted now that school is back but theyll come around :)

luce
04-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Yeah i noticed it was empty today, however it always dips after HxSS because people are sick of habbo and also they're getting back into their school routines. i do agree however that it was more active and there seemed to be more going on when Ben was manager but it might be hard for David with the time difference or whatever but it would be good to see some stuff going on in there in the near future :)

Phil
05-09-2010, 01:30 AM
The fansite rep system is completely pointless at the moment. Fansites have been removed, closed down, owners changed and the badges have never changed. Reps now have no direct contact with Habbo Staff... so I can't see the switching of a tele being a problem (unless they're untradeable, wouldn't know).

I'm sure they can be traded. Ex-Event Organiser BlaqkMagic had one.

Josh
05-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Quite empty at this moment in time. :S

Jordan
05-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Quite empty at this moment in time. :S

Remember it is a sunday, people have plans on weekends, and I've been getting ready for school tomorrow, I'll be on later ;0

Mathew
05-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Remember it is a sunday, people have plans on weekends, and I've been getting ready for school tomorrow, I'll be on later ;0

You could say that people have "plans" any day of the week and at any time.. :rolleyes:

Yupt
05-09-2010, 11:42 AM
I like the idea for a lounge, but there really arn't that many helpdesk's anymore, so if HxHD closed down, there would be nowhere else for them to go.

Jordan
05-09-2010, 11:46 AM
You could say that people have "plans" any day of the week and at any time.. :rolleyes:

Yeah but the weekend is when you plan most of your things, because you haven't got school or work or w/e. :(

Josh
05-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Yeah but the weekend is when you plan most of your things, because you haven't got school or work or w/e. :(

I see staff posted away are actually online (on Habbo), they must be planning their schooling!

Phil
05-09-2010, 11:55 AM
I see staff posted away are actually online (on Habbo), they must be planning their schooling!

How do you know who's posted away?

Calvin
05-09-2010, 11:58 AM
How do you know who's posted away?You can see it on the profiles index as it has their name with [Away] on the end.

Josh
05-09-2010, 11:58 AM
http://i55.tinypic.com/ezrgjt.png
http://i54.tinypic.com/a172au.png

damn you skizzlin

Jordan
05-09-2010, 12:01 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/ezrgjt.png
http://i54.tinypic.com/a172au.png

damn you skizzlin

Yes, That is a problem, staff posting away yet actually being online habbo etc. I think somethings being done about that/ has been.

Phil
05-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Should have been aware of that lmao. I haven't seen Dan in there.

HotelUser
05-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Yes, That is a problem, staff posting away yet actually being online habbo etc. I think somethings being done about that/ has been.

Bingo!

Recently we've changed the posting away rules so that your request to post away must first be approved by myself or Shar. There has been too much posting away recently.

You can see it on the profiles index as it has their name with [Away] on the end.

For now :P

Grig
05-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Posting away will be the problem when staff visit the forums and still go about their daily business but just can't be ****** to work at HxHD. Believe me I've heard and seen of such cases, in news as well when I was there. You need to make sure people are committing evenly to each department and not hear them DJing on the radio whilst being away somewhere else, that means they're not really that bothered. Same goes for browsing and posting on the forums for hours or being on Habbo. That's why I often had to send PMs to my staff over this because it was a tad bit pathetic.

Calvin
05-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Posting away will be the problem when staff visit the forums and still go about their daily business but just can't be ****** to work at HxHD. Believe me I've heard and seen of such cases, in news as well when I was there. You need to make sure people are committing evenly to each department and not hear them DJing on the radio whilst being away somewhere else, that means they're not really that bothered. Same goes for browsing and posting on the forums for hours or being on Habbo. That's why I often had to send PMs to my staff over this because it was a tad bit pathetic.Yeah, I used to do the same when I was at HxHD, I would be on the forum posting but I just couldn't be bothered to sit in the room because I had to look at it all the time hence why I resigned.

immense
05-09-2010, 05:18 PM
I've always opposed changing it into a lounge and I know this argument drags and it won't be changed. I think though with Habbo getting so simple, starter advice for all new Habbos and the fact you are encouraged to call an info bot when you first start means not as many people are asking for help. It would attract so many more users with the name "Habbox lounge". Habbox is the biggest and best fansite and so many Habbos are just on Habbo to chill and chat. I think it would be really successful and propel HxHD forward.

Of course at the same time, HxHD is part of Habbox, an integral part, been there for six years and has outlived all the famous Help Desks. Big call, but I think the time has come.

Yupt
05-09-2010, 05:25 PM
You don't have to get rid of it completely.

You could try integrate HxHD and a lounge, Habbox Advice Lounge or something.

Because otherwise there won't be a helpdesk on habbo.

Josh
05-09-2010, 05:35 PM
So David won't be sad if it got changed to a lounge... there can just be guides in there and then also superstaff can be room mods?

Doubt it will be changed.

immense
05-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Usually when this discussion comes up the people that use it daily, me, mathew, skizzling, yupt, wiizzz etc are open for some change but people who have used Habbox for years and think Habbo hasn't changed reject the changes (i.e. General Management and senior users).

Yupt
05-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Usually when this discussion comes up the people that use it daily, me, mathew, skizzling, yupt, wiizzz etc are open for some change but people who have used Habbox for years and think Habbo hasn't changed reject the changes (i.e. General Management and senior users).

this, agree totally.

Mark
05-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Can I just add in that staff (me) have our valid reasons for postng away and we run them past management before hand :)

immense
05-09-2010, 05:52 PM
Can I just add in that staff (me) have our valid reasons for postng away and we run them past management before hand :)
Nobody expects you to be in there every day for hours on end.

Yupt
05-09-2010, 05:54 PM
What we do expect tho is for there to be someone behind the desk when there are people in the room.

Mark
05-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Nobody expects you to be in there every day for hours on end.

I didn't say anything about being in there "every day for hours on end", I don't see your point? :S

immense
05-09-2010, 05:56 PM
I think I could find 10 staff that would be in there for 3 hours a day each. There are plenty of users who know Habbo and don't have lives! :P

I didn't say anything about being in there "every day for hours on end", I don't see your point? :SCalm the hell down. Why are you getting so touchy and defensive :S You're the one who jumped in here saying you have a valid reason to be away when nobody is asking for specific examples. Unlike some, we're trying to improve HxHD... :rolleyes:

Yupt
I didn't say anything about being in there "every day for hours on end", I don't see your point? :S

He's saying that we're not complaining about the fact there arn't people slaving away in there for hours on end, but we are complaining about the fact there has been nobody in there for the majority of the last few days.

Mark
What we do expect tho is for there to be someone behind the desk when there are people in the room.

That is correct but it's a voluntary job so you can't expect someone to be in there everytime there are people in the room

Yupt
05-09-2010, 05:58 PM
That is correct but it's a voluntary job so you can't expect someone to be in there everytime there are people in the room

That's exactly what we expect.

immense
05-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Right so if someone is asking for help they shouldn't expect to be helped... When I was staff I did everything I could, you should be the same, voluntary or not. Staff are easily replaced and if you're not willing to put the effort in you shouldn't be staff. Poor attitude.

Yupt
05-09-2010, 06:01 PM
HxHD have staff from many time zones, so i see no reason why there cant be at least one person in there constantly.

Grig
05-09-2010, 06:01 PM
Expect people to be there at 5 PM on a Saturday, promoting the desk and Habbox to the Habbo world. Not what I did see.

Mark
05-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Right so if someone is asking for help they shouldn't expect to be helped... When I was staff I did everything I could, you should be the same, voluntary or not. Staff are easily replaced and if you're not willing to put the effort in you shouldn't be staff. Poor attitude.

Well if that is the case then you should PM Hoteluser and Shar, they will deal with it. Your saying about effort... A lot of people in my case are back at schol... We have a lot of homework and have a lot of stuff going on in life for example family get togethers, technology problems etc. I don't see how I have poor attitude considering I myself am posted away and have my own valid reasons for posting away that David and Shar have approved before I go, as I say if you have any issues relating to HxHD please PM Hoteluser and Shar,.

Grig
05-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Yes and you have time to post in a number of threads in the forum everyday?

Anyway that's not my problem. The problem is the fact that it was dead and no new initiatives to promote it were there.

immense
05-09-2010, 06:15 PM
Well if that is the case then you should PM Hoteluser and Shar, they will deal with it. Your saying about effort... A lot of people in my case are back at schol... We have a lot of homework and have a lot of stuff going on in life for example family get togethers, technology problems etc. I don't see how I have poor attitude considering I myself am posted away and have my own valid reasons for posting away that David and Shar have approved before I go, as I say if you have any issues relating to HxHD please PM Hoteluser and Shar,.
Excuse you? Nobody is saying you can't put your education first but I have been through the education system myself (when I was hx staff infact!!) I came away with strong GCSEs and decent alevels as well as being promoted to AGM and holding an active social life. Of course, not everyone is like me. If you have to concentrate on other things are have poor time management like you imply then you have to cut things out. You're not going to cut school out so you have to look for other things. I'm not wanting you to resign or anything because it's none of my business. I for one, rarely see you helping.

Inseriousity.
05-09-2010, 06:17 PM
That's exactly what we expect.

lolol you still bitter you got fired then?
I'd be careful mike, that dancing milk will turn sour! :P

It's absolutely ridiculous to expect someone behind the desk at all times of the day (HxHD isn't completely empty that often).

immense
05-09-2010, 06:20 PM

It's absolutely ridiculous to expect someone behind the desk at all times of the day (HxHD isn't completely empty that often).
It's indisputable that there should be one staff member minimum manning the bar at peak times though. HxHD used to want someone behind the bar at all times but maybe it has declined since then.

Yupt
05-09-2010, 06:21 PM

lol I wouldn't go back if I were payed.

And you leave my milk out of this :(

But there have been staff online all day, yet the helpdesk has been empty nearly all day

I currently have four, (and another one not on my friends list) members of hxhd staff online, only one of them is in the help desk.

1 out of 5..

immense
05-09-2010, 07:07 PM
Fourteen people in atm, two asking for help, no staff. Sunday night.

Jordan
05-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Fourteen people in atm, two asking for help, no staff. Sunday night.

It's sunday night, school tomorrow (first day back for me) therefore I need to get ready for tomorrow, and most people have to get up early anyway. That's all im saying cos I cba with debating :@

immense
05-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Well if Sunday night, 8pm isn't prime time then I don't really know what is. More people come on in the evenings, less people go out on Sunday evenings.

Yupt
05-09-2010, 07:12 PM
Staff keep coming into the room, and then just leaving once people are asking for help.

More people just sitting here are giving help than the staff.

immense
05-09-2010, 07:15 PM
The staff entrance door was rotated so no staff could get in... HotelUser must have done that seeing as he keeps coming through for 10 seconds, seeing a full desk with no staff and leaving. Why was it rotated? Does he not want staff to come in?

I was told this by a member of staff.

Nixt
05-09-2010, 07:33 PM
The staff entrance door was rotated so no staff could get in... HotelUser must have done that seeing as he keeps coming through for 10 seconds, seeing a full desk with no staff and leaving. Why was it rotated? Does he not want staff to come in?

I was told this by a member of staff.

This was a misunderstanding that was addressed. Please send any complaints about the actions of Management to myself, or post in the complaints about Habbox Staff forum. Links to which can be found in my signature. Ta.

immense
05-09-2010, 07:37 PM
No, it's not a complaint about him - I was just thinking it could be the reason why no staff were coming in!

HotelUser
05-09-2010, 07:37 PM
I rotated the teleporter for five minutes whilst I was in the staff room. That's all there is to it really. Your accusation is incredibly wrong I just did it to talk to a staffmember :P

immense
05-09-2010, 07:38 PM
I rotated the teleporter for five minutes whilst I was in the staff room. That's all there is to it really. Your accusation is incredibly wrong I just did it to talk to a staffmember :P
Who is incidentally your girlfriend! :P

HotelUser
05-09-2010, 07:41 PM
Who is incidentally your girlfriend! :P

I don't think Lexi or Shannon would appreciate you calling them my girlfriend LOL

immense
05-09-2010, 07:41 PM
LMAO i was only joking about that bit :D

Grig
06-09-2010, 05:27 AM
I don't really like how this thread is becoming to staff making excuses. You guys can save your excuses, we're not nit picking on individuals but saying in general that it is just terrible that there are no staff on primetime peak hours through the last number of days. An individual or two show up for a bit then leave, often people being left without any assistance whatsoever- obviously giving Habbox a not so good image and promotion

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!