PDA

View Full Version : [Request] ThatsHabbo Media Applications

Freeza101
06-09-2010, 11:20 AM
This page has turned into job applications by managers. Many people have shown interest in the media department. Thanks for all the applications and the support so far. Applications for this role are still open if you wish to apply.

Why should I become a media journalist?
Of course, no one is forcing you but the name explains the job itself. Your job is revolved around the news that are happening in the world right now. This could be celebrity gossip, world news, reviews, trending music etc. etc. Another upside to becoming a journalist is that we will offer you trusted sources on the topics you want to write about. For example you wanted to write about 'Latest News' we would direct you to either a breaking story or something that had just been posted.

How much do I have to write?
It's totally up to you but if you use pictures (which you have to, unless told not to) you would have to write as much as the picture covers. Another example would be you take a 200x200 image, you would write until you reach the 200 height in order for it to look worth publishing.
Our minimum of posts per week are four - we want our news section to be as updated as possible and especially if you love music, you would not find it hard to post music videos or new songs but also not spam our whole page - try and maintain your posts to atleast 2 per category.

Current open categories (for now)

Celebrity
World News
Music
Reviews
ThatsHabbo (only used for managers)
How do I know if I am doing a good job?
Every Saturday-Sunday, we will review your work over the week including how active you are. We don't want you to spend all day on the site or on the forum but dedication helps us too. Your review will be categorized in either green (good), orange (alright), red(bad), yellow(new to the team, away). We hope each member achieves to be highlighted in green every week but of course, if you feel you need to comment on your review, you will be able to leave a post in the review thread and it will be replied to.
Anything else?
Yet to be kept a secret until it will be 100% done! :)

Application Form!

Habbo Name:
Age (don't lie about your age, please):
Experience:
Do you know how to use cutenews?:
A short example of your work:
With the sites I used to work for and advertised applications here, people lied about their age to get a position. Don't do it. As long as you have good grammar, able to keep a reader in suspense, you are good!

You can now PM me for a position and it will be replied to within 24 hours including details and more...

Misawa
06-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Not to rain on your parade, but writing for your site doesn't make anyone a journalist.

Freeza101
06-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Actually, a content writer for ANY website is named as a journalist.
ITS job is to write about news!

So yes, not to rain on your parade, but I had to correct you there!

Misawa
08-09-2010, 12:33 AM
A journalist is someone whose profession it is to write in newspapers, magazines or on the internet. No one writing for your website is a journalist, they are simply writers. Writing content for a website does not make ANYONE a journalist - you can't just sign up to some unknown site and suddenly go around calling yourself a journo, you'll get laughed at like now. You are misusing the word. Pay your dues as an internet writer before you take the leap into actual journalism - please don't talk to me about journalism - I am one.

Huggies
12-09-2010, 04:05 PM
A journalist is someone whose profession it is to write in newspapers, magazines or on the internet. No one writing for your website is a journalist, they are simply writers. Writing content for a website does not make ANYONE a journalist - you can't just sign up to some unknown site and suddenly go around calling yourself a journo, you'll get laughed at like now. You are misusing the word. Pay your dues as an internet writer before you take the leap into actual journalism - please don't talk to me about journalism - I am one.

Can we try to stay on topic, and not flame people.

On topic: You structured your thread very nicely, Good luck finding your staff!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!