PDA

View Full Version : Habbo has been updated!

Michael
06-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Update #1: You can now share links in Habbo:
http://i52.tinypic.com/2d7h943.jpg

Update #2: There is now a link to buy items from catalogue:
http://i53.tinypic.com/ettc7c.jpg

Update #3: Achievement Tab updated:
http://i55.tinypic.com/iwss2p.jpg

Update #4: Front page button:
http://www.imageshabbocean.altervista.org/image/1283780093.png

Update #5: Join HC now! But for cheaper:
http://www.imageshabbocean.altervista.org/image/1283780315.gif

Update #6: Move furni quicker! Just hold ctrl!

& Finally Update #7: Battleball may be coming back? http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=665526&page=1

Josh
06-09-2010, 03:12 PM
It's an alright update. Could have done better I guess.

immense
06-09-2010, 03:13 PM
It has been discussed in the maintenance thread. Now you can link to websites it's like a paradise for scammers.

karter
06-09-2010, 03:17 PM
I dont like this update ;[

Michael
06-09-2010, 03:19 PM
It has been discussed in the maintenance thread. Now you can link to websites it's like a paradise for scammers.

Ah. This is just to let everyone know whats changed ;)

Calvin
06-09-2010, 03:20 PM
As Jake said, the link thing will be much easier for scammers.. there will always be one person who decides to click it and be like what?!?

But the move furni quicker thing, when I put something down the box doesn't pop up, you have to click the black area to get the furni back.

immense
06-09-2010, 03:21 PM
Cool story, I was just telling you if you want to read more in-depth about it then head over there ;)

Ajthedragon
06-09-2010, 03:23 PM
#6: You can now c+p on the normal room speech thing

Michael
06-09-2010, 03:27 PM
#6: You can now c+p on the normal room speech thing

even better for scammers..

Calvin
06-09-2010, 03:34 PM
even better for scammers..Habbo's new campaign.. support the scammers! Although, the c+p thing is quite useful, would be good if you could copy speech.

immense
06-09-2010, 03:35 PM
I wonder if they've done the copy and paste thing and allowed you to link to sites to try and make companies come and spam :/ it would improve their user stats at least lol

Matthew
06-09-2010, 03:39 PM
People could always spam using tools that type for you, but I guess this does make it a lot easier to do so.

You could c+p right at the start of beta, was mayhem in trading rooms lol.

bobbyy
06-09-2010, 03:41 PM
I think copy and paste is a good idea to re-introduce lol it was great when you could do it, but it's got downsides too. Likewise with the hotlinking, I love the idea of it and it'd be much easier to advertise legit (or even difficult but legit) urls but lots of scammers will abuse it. But I'm sure they know that.

Mr-Trainor
06-09-2010, 03:42 PM
I don't get why people are saying it's more dangerous for people clicking scam sites when the text becomes a link because there is clearly a warning box where you have to confirm that you want to proceed to the particular website. Anyway, overall some good updates :) I like how in the achievements it shows your progress.

Cosmic
06-09-2010, 03:43 PM
I've just noticed on the timer thing for the 100% Habbo achievement it says something like 'current progress 0/1800(ish?!) days'. Hope that doesn't mean I have to wait another 5 years for it!

Looks like a good update nonetheless.

Josh
06-09-2010, 03:50 PM
I've just noticed on the timer thing for the 100% Habbo achievement it says something like 'current progress 0/1800(ish?!) days'. Hope that doesn't mean I have to wait another 5 years for it!

Looks like a good update nonetheless.

All that is messed up. I believe Kalk had his counter at 10 years (in hours though) and obviously that doesn't make any sense. Habbo Achievements weren't around that long.

Ajthedragon
06-09-2010, 03:51 PM
People could always spam using tools that type for you, but I guess this does make it a lot easier to do so.

You could c+p right at the start of beta, was mayhem in trading rooms lol.

They removed it and it came back. :) I've tried it before and it didn't work.

bobbyy
06-09-2010, 03:58 PM
I don't get why people are saying it's more dangerous for people clicking scam sites when the text becomes a link because there is clearly a warning box where you have to confirm that you want to proceed to the particular website. Anyway, overall some good updates :) I like how in the achievements it shows your progress.

Because it's easier for people to navigate to it if they can't be bothered to type it in and don't understand scam sites lol

AgnesIO
06-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Personally, I think the linking this is good in terms of fansites getting people to go to their website.

I think the warning box should be removed for the official websites or something - I am sure habbo could make that happen.

immense
06-09-2010, 04:01 PM
I remember when I was new the main thing that stopped me from going on all these

FREECREDSWEBBUSINESS.PICZO.WEBS or whatever was the fact i couldnt remember the url

if i was new and saw all these sites spammed i'd be more inclined to visit them now i can just click them

they give a security notice for all websites even like bbc etc so you're just going to think it's the regular warning and not think anything of it

Mr-Trainor
06-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Maybe they could create a list of safe sites.

Josh
06-09-2010, 04:07 PM
I remember when I was new the main thing that stopped me from going on all these

FREECREDSWEBBUSINESS.PICZO.WEBS or whatever was the fact i couldnt remember the url

if i was new and saw all these sites spammed i'd be more inclined to visit them now i can just click them

they give a security notice for all websites even like bbc etc so you're just going to think it's the regular warning and not think anything of it

When I was new, most free domains got blocked with 'bobba' so you didn't actually know the full URL anyway. With this system, if you type in a specific thread URL of habboxforum, some of the numbers will show up as 'bobba' but then when you click on it, it takes you directly there.

So if you http://www.#PHONENUMBERHERE#.com , all the other person has to do is take that to their browser and get the phone number. D=

j0rd
06-09-2010, 04:07 PM
I quite like them
Love the multiple drop and ctrl pick up

Inseriousity.
06-09-2010, 04:09 PM
I think it's cool!

I really want the 'drop furni in other people's room' thing back though. If you're helping scammers, help hackers (and very nice competitions managers) too :(

Josh
06-09-2010, 04:15 PM
I think it's cool!

I really want the 'drop furni in other people's room' thing back though. If you're helping scammers, help hackers (and very nice competitions managers) too :(

There is none at Habbox so it doesn't really affect us.

But the ability to drop in others people rooms would be a great feature to have again. (L)

immense
06-09-2010, 04:17 PM
innit, i'm going to bomb their offices else

Gina
06-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Missed something...
If u have bulk of a furni and you put one down in a room, you dont have to click to get the other it just is there for you, if u dont understand go to your room and find something of 2 u have, put one down and you'll see

bobbyy
06-09-2010, 04:28 PM
I quite like them
Love the multiple drop and ctrl pick up

its alt for me LOL

Grippz
06-09-2010, 04:41 PM
I like this update :)! Looking forward to the 'Battleball' thing as well!

Mathew
06-09-2010, 04:43 PM
Absolutely brilliant updates. I'm sure Habbox Staff will be happy with the links update. Makes things a lot easier for advertising HabboxForum :)

Jordan
06-09-2010, 05:44 PM
I didn't realise if you had multiple furniture, when you place 1 of them down, you can just keep putting them down, until there's none left.

Pigperson
06-09-2010, 05:45 PM
I hate how that box comes up saying if you want to buy that furni from catalogue. Hardly anyone uses the catalogue to buy furni and it's just annoying having it there.

Will

JACKTARD
06-09-2010, 06:12 PM
ohmygod

Best update since forever.
Furni pickup is great and it's fast to put down now too :D:D:D

Battleball has made me happy too... habbo is getting better!!

iPlonker
06-09-2010, 06:30 PM
im liking the link thing!

BingoBenny
08-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Who else got a discount of 10c for HC? Is 5c actually worth it? I haven't been HC for about 7 years now! :P

Maze
09-09-2010, 07:39 PM
I hate the "hold down ctrl and click to pick up" thing, mostly because I love designing rooms/mazes, and that was the easiest way to move stuff in a room.

Jordan
11-09-2010, 08:13 AM
Btw, In "Settings" On the client, you can access your character settings whilst on the client.

Not sure if this was new or with the update or whatever

Josh
11-09-2010, 08:47 AM
Btw, In "Settings" On the client, you can access your character settings whilst on the client.

Older update, it came out around the same time as no shirt options did I think. Not entirely sure.

BingoBenny
11-09-2010, 08:48 AM

Do you mean like switch character? I know that feature has been there for sometime.

TonyBest
11-09-2010, 11:09 AM
That feature has been there for a few months now

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!