PDA

View Full Version : Downloading illegal

Richie
06-09-2010, 04:37 PM
I have this 'friend' he likes to download movies illegally online. However he doesn't want his isp to see what hes downloading, is there any possible way one can hide their downloads so their isp can't see what they are downloading. They can just see the file size ?

Recursion
06-09-2010, 04:41 PM
If it's a torrent turn on Encryption and disable legacy connections in uTorrent. Something like Rapidshare you'll have to use a VPN I think.

Richie
06-09-2010, 04:50 PM
If it's a torrent turn on Encryption and disable legacy connections in uTorrent. Something like Rapidshare you'll have to use a VPN I think.

whats vpn

Robbie
06-09-2010, 04:52 PM
SSL encrypted usenet.

Richie
06-09-2010, 05:09 PM
lol I haven't a clue what yous are talking about

btw how can I do as you said with utorrent recursion, step by step would be very helpfull.

Special
06-09-2010, 05:10 PM
he shouldn't worry tbh.... millions of people do it

marriott0.01
06-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Could always try using PeerGuardian or PeerBlock.

Richie
06-09-2010, 05:16 PM
he shouldn't worry tbh.... millions of people do it

yh man but eircom is cracking down on people atm piles of ppl from my school has got warning letters including teachers lol

Stephen!
06-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Sounds like this friend is actually you :P

bobbyy
06-09-2010, 05:53 PM
whats vpn

virtual private network
you usually need to pay, but there's free ones out there

smiffy70
06-09-2010, 06:03 PM
if u never dowload anything again will they turn a blind eye to how much u have?

Yonder
06-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Seedbox, i have one from seedmonster i have number 3 pretty cheap and good :)

Richie
06-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Seedbox, i have one from seedmonster i have number 3 pretty cheap and good :)

This? http://seedboxhosting.com/

could you explain how it works and whats the memory for etc lol I'm a *** that knows nothing

HotelUser
06-09-2010, 07:56 PM
I don't bother encrypting any of my torrents or anything. Do you think I really need to :P

peteyt
06-09-2010, 09:48 PM
I've heard this many times - the laws getting tougher, ISP's getting tougher etc

it usually fails everytime

Cheryl
07-09-2010, 07:22 AM
ISPs were reluctant to start sending out letters or even blocking services as was suggested in the parliament bill. I believe they thought the warning letters would help, but so far have proved near useless. Is there really any harm in recieving a letter if it's know he does it?? I would say not to worry as I doubt they will block or limit d/l speed or the whole connection

Yonder
07-09-2010, 03:49 PM
This? http://seedboxhosting.com/

could you explain how it works and whats the memory for etc lol I'm a *** that knows nothing

seedmonster.net. A seedbox basically it is like a server somewhere, i think these are in France where it isn't as strict. When you login to this (in your browser) it is basically like looking at utorrent or any other torrent program.

Then you add your torrents through this system and it downloads them to this host. I like to just stream mine from my seedbox to vlc to watch or through tversity to my xbox. But you could easily download them from the directory to your computer and just save as another name.

Plus you get some great speeds i can download at 10+ mbps and upload at just the same. Uploaded over 300 gb yday on private trackers and downloaded a good 150gb.

http://www.seedmonster.net/plans.html i have SM03S.

Recursion
07-09-2010, 04:08 PM
seedmonster.net. A seedbox basically it is like a server somewhere, i think these are in France where it isn't as strict. When you login to this (in your browser) it is basically like looking at utorrent or any other torrent program.

Then you add your torrents through this system and it downloads them to this host. I like to just stream mine from my seedbox to vlc to watch or through tversity to my xbox. But you could easily download them from the directory to your computer and just save as another name.

Plus you get some great speeds i can download at 10+ mbps and upload at just the same. Uploaded over 300 gb yday on private trackers and downloaded a good 150gb.

France is more strict ;)

N!ck
07-09-2010, 05:42 PM
France is more strict ;)

A particular webhost isn't however ;).

Richie
07-09-2010, 05:53 PM

Downloading files through this is 100% private and my 'friends' isp wouldn't be able to show evidence of him committing such act?

Also any ideas on privacy through programs such as limewire? / Rapidshare?

Special
07-09-2010, 06:00 PM
yh man but eircom is cracking down on people atm piles of ppl from my school has got warning letters including teachers lol

can't he wait till he gets a warning letter then stop altogether lol

you can't really fully protect yourself anyway

Richie
07-09-2010, 06:10 PM
can't he wait till he gets a warning letter then stop altogether lol

you can't really fully protect yourself anyway

I suppose but if he sets privacy settings up now. Well then he will never get a warning letter :P.

HotelUser
07-09-2010, 07:20 PM
I wasn't aware that political figures in Europe were coming down harder on piraters. I'm really glad they're not doing that in Canada!

Yet :P

Oleh
07-09-2010, 09:54 PM
Digital economy act comes into effect in 2011 i think.

I download movies alot and havent got a letter... yet.

When my rapidshare runs out im moving to Giganews $30 a month (easily get from EMA) with free VPN

Flisker
07-09-2010, 11:29 PM
I use Astraweb's $11/month SSL unlimited download usenet! I can't fault it at all!

Yonder
09-09-2010, 01:37 AM
France is more strict ;)

Yes i thought so too but all the seed boxes i looked at are from germany/sweden/france, must be a reason for that.

Downloading files through this is 100% private and my 'friends' isp wouldn't be able to show evidence of him committing such act?

Also any ideas on privacy through programs such as limewire? / Rapidshare?

Sure! Your host wouldn't know what is being downloaded to a server (seedbox).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!