PDA

View Full Version : COURSEWORK HELP [URGENT, +REPPED]

kuzkasate
06-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Basically, I was away on holiday from the 15th July to the 5th September & when we came back to school, we apparently had to hand in a "violence in the media" coursework.. but the teacher never told us and no-ones done it so basically, I have a few days to do it!

The question is; explain how violence is represented in the media and give examples & then give your personal opinion on whether or not violence in the media has an effect on teenagers.

The red part I need help with, the teacher also said its important I use graphs & stuff, so if anyone has any, I'd be very grateful.

Please, if you know the answer, or know any useful links please reply!

+repp to everyone who helps out!

dbgtz
06-09-2010, 07:17 PM
well i think its media just taking things out of proportion
cant think of examples which have happened but like the afghanistan conflict might be taking out of proportion. I dont know if it is but year.

Thats a guess,

Inseriousity.
06-09-2010, 07:26 PM
Violence = youths.
examples = newspaper cuttings "YOB ASSAULTS..." etc etc. I'm sure you'll be able to find something.

Violence = the 'common' way of solving problems.
No sitting down talking, it's going round and punching someone's lights out! Check the soap operas/dramas who tend to exaggerate as that's where the violence will most likely be.

kuzkasate
06-09-2010, 07:34 PM
well i think its media just taking things out of proportion
cant think of examples which have happened but like the afghanistan conflict might be taking out of proportion. I dont know if it is but year.

Thats a guess,

thanks +repp

Violence = youths.
examples = newspaper cuttings "YOB ASSAULTS..." etc etc. I'm sure you'll be able to find something.

Violence = the 'common' way of solving problems.
No sitting down talking, it's going round and punching someone's lights out! Check the soap operas/dramas who tend to exaggerate as that's where the violence will most likely be.
dont understand what you mean by the first one, but yeh, I guess the second one could be used, but I have to include how its used in newspapers, music, tv and stuff & i just dont know how!

gotta spread before i can rep you mike.

Inseriousity.
06-09-2010, 07:37 PM
I meant that violence in the media is mostly by young people. If you think violence, the first thing that springs to mind is some chav in my head LOL. It's a negative stereotype/label given to youths that has a negative effect on their everyday lives (include that opinion for the second bit).

Music - first thing that pops to mind is 'Love the way you lie' by Emimem and Rhianna! Violence is used in the lyrics to evoke an reaction from the listener? I dunno, just make some stuff up by making things sound smarter than they actually are and you'll be fine :P

kuzkasate
06-09-2010, 07:55 PM
Thanks Mike, I think I'll figure out something to write :P
now I just need to find some "graphs" to put into my coursework, he said the graphs are important, so if anyone can find any suitable graphs or anything, then let me know!

The Don
06-09-2010, 08:33 PM
the media like to portray violence as mainly created by sterotypical people as it gets a reaction of the reader also they are more likely to report violence in youths more than adults as it is mainly adults who buy news papers/consume 'news' media.

dbgtz
07-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Oh also think about films and games, like GTA you play some sort of gangster, kill people and sleep with women which is kinda stereotyping a gangsta blad. And Call of duty and the terrorist mission, which seems alot more realistic then GTA but was also highly controversial and was thought that it would brainwash people to kill like what most violent games do (according to the papers and that).

Thom96
07-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Sorry , i cant help you , i dont have a clue :P

Edited by Cosmic (Forum Super Moderator) Please do not post pointlessly, thanks.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!