PDA

View Full Version : Major "Attack" - forced disconnects.

Purple
07-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Hackers have now made it possible to walk into a room and simultaneously disconnect everyone that is in the room. Some of you may remember this from several months - perhaps years - ago. Last time this happened, Habbo shut down for two days until a patch could be put in place.

Thread moved by Nicola (Forum Super Moderator): From 'Habbo News & Rumours'

j0rd
07-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Last time this happend was with cameras wasnt it?
Im pretty sure habbo done a 2 hour maint break then it was back up

Jordan
07-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Oh did they, interesting.

Purple
07-09-2010, 04:25 PM
I disagree - I can remember Habbo was shut down for about 2 days, because I remember it was one of the longest down times I had ever seen.

Mikey
07-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Lmfao, i remember the bagheads ;D

Nixt
07-09-2010, 04:31 PM
It's quite easily done. It's nothing to do with "hacking" or "scripting".

Circadia
07-09-2010, 04:39 PM
Oh I saw someone on the console talking about it i was like wtf -looks at hxf- but yeah i Haven't seen it happen but it a bit of a pain if you walk into a room and just dc it would take the piss.

EDIT- Five people just got d/c'd at once D:

Mathew
07-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Oh how annoying. Looks like Habbo will be on maintenence for a few hours tonight then..

j0rd
07-09-2010, 04:48 PM
Know how to do it now, its not a glitch at all.
Probably go under maintenance for fix it

Yupt
07-09-2010, 04:49 PM
It's happening all over habbo, just went into some of the most popular rooms on habbo etc and within 15 seconds in all of them i'm being d.ced.

If habbo had any sense they'd get it done sooner rather than later

Circadia
07-09-2010, 04:55 PM
I stalked Sam (Sammify) Because he was one of the one's consistently D/cing and he was in HxHD I hadn't D/c'd Since but when i went in there about 5 seconds after i got in i D/c'd So yeah dont go in HxHD If you dont wanna keep dcing

,elaboratedolls
07-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Just a few minutes a few of us were queing for the event and we all got dc. :/ And why couldn't Habbo fix this and hour or two ago? Now the events cancelled :l
Edit:
Just heard events not be cancelled, but instead been postponed.

Jordan
07-09-2010, 05:10 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/2me8hdz.png

Hopefully they are actually looking into it now

bobbyy
07-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Hackers have now made it possible to walk into a room and simultaneously disconnect everyone that is in the room. Some of you may remember this from several months - perhaps years - ago. Last time this happened, Habbo shut down for two days until a patch could be put in place.

Thread moved by Nicola (Forum Super Moderator): From 'Habbo News & Rumours'

It was August 2008 when most of the lethal stuff happened, when Bucho6 became Management. Or was that 2009? Idk, think it was 2008. Anyway, it's nowhere near that severe. The personal that activates it disconnects too, so it's really pointless unless someone develops a scripting application like before (which will be pointless, because by the time an app is developed and released (which if it happens, won't be public at all) Habbo will have most likely patched it).

They won't need to shut down for two days or anywhere near that, they just need to stop being so stupid in future, code properly and thoroughly test their software before releasing it for the public, because one of these days they're gonna release something really vulnerable and everyone will be screwed.

Know how to do it now, its not a glitch at all.
Probably go under maintenance for fix it

It is a glitch. There's a fault in the URL update, which gives users a loophole to disconnect whoever the packet is sent to - therefore, it's a glitch.

,elaboratedolls
07-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Event's been cancelled due to dc :(
Dc count today: 4 all in same room:@

Wonderful
07-09-2010, 05:24 PM
just go to a room and type
*REMOVED* lol... it's hardly "hacking" or "scripting"
and @ j25t it's the very definition of a "glitch" lol

Edited by eSocks (Trialist Forum Moderator): Please do not post things which encourage people to break the Habbo Way.

,elaboratedolls
07-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Ooh. Let's see, shall we?
Update:
Nothing happened :|

j0rd
07-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Was meant to write 'its not scripting at all' mb

Yupt
07-09-2010, 05:39 PM
Oops, the client encountered a technical problem. Not to worry this error has now been recorded to our system and will be investigated by our support team.

Please re-open hotel to continue. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

You would have thought habbo would take a hint with all those reports..

Circadia
07-09-2010, 05:42 PM
just go to a room and type
*REMOVED* lol... it's hardly "hacking" or "scripting"
and @ j25t it's the very definition of a "glitch" lol

Edited by eSocks (Trialist Forum Moderator): Please do not post things which encourage people to break the Habbo Way

It works with any url

Storking
07-09-2010, 05:43 PM
it's shocking that they haven't shut the hotel yet..... lol

fun glitch though

,elaboratedolls
07-09-2010, 05:53 PM
Ikr. A bit annoying after a while though.

Matthew
07-09-2010, 05:56 PM
this is really bad on habbos behalf, you'd think if they cared just that little bit then they'd close the hotel now to avoid the disruption.

,elaboratedolls
07-09-2010, 05:57 PM
this is really bad on habbos behalf, you'd think if they cared just that little bit then they'd close the hotel now to avoid the disruption.
Habbo's always failing now.
Atm, my habbo's being fine.

Jordan
07-09-2010, 05:57 PM
Person1: "I HATE THIS WHY ARE THEY DOING IT?"
Person2: "This is how you do it *********"
Person1: "OMG IM GOING TO TRY IT OUT"

Special
07-09-2010, 05:58 PM
i remember the disconations from faulty moodlights.. good times

Storking
07-09-2010, 06:01 PM
they're banning people for it too :S

not out fault there's a glitch.. we aren't doing anything wrong

Matthew
07-09-2010, 06:04 PM
they're banning people for it too :S

not out fault there's a glitch.. we aren't doing anything wrong
well really we are, by saying it again and again we're abusing the glitch. Its obvious its bug abuse and yet some people keep going...

They should really close the hotel though.

Jordan
07-09-2010, 06:16 PM
"Tech support is aware of that issue and is working on the issue. Thanks for your patience!"

Close the hotel :@

ShimeyShaker
07-09-2010, 06:38 PM
There was bug like this in the old shockwave client years back. Though I don't remember Habbo taking days to fix it. Probably because Jamelia was visiting the next day, Habbs must do their best to impress celeb guests you know ;]

,elaboratedolls
07-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Aaah. Party room got dc a few mins ago. Cause of the bug party room's only open to 15 people :/
More dc.
Dc count: 7... in one day o.o
Even more...

Yupt
07-09-2010, 07:30 PM
I just think they need to sort this out, it's making them look bad.

Ardemax
07-09-2010, 07:49 PM
popped onto habbo for 5 mins, been dc.ed 3 times and already learnt how to do it

i wonder how someone found out?

Yupt
07-09-2010, 07:55 PM
they say their tech ops are working on it..

how hard can it be to simply disable users to use more than 5 links in one line?

Thom96
07-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Yep ive done it once to try it out , i think its *REMOVED* then d.c , tbh i find it quite anoying , im going to stay on h/v untill they fix it

Edited by eSocks (Trialist Forum Moderator): Please do not post things which encourage people to break the Habbo Way.

bobbyy
07-09-2010, 08:08 PM

fun glitch though

well really we are, by saying it again and again we're abusing the glitch. Its obvious its bug abuse and yet some people keep going...

They should really close the hotel though.

"Tech support is aware of that issue and is working on the issue. Thanks for your patience!"

Close the hotel :@

Yes, because Moderator's can activate Maintenance...

There was bug like this in the old shockwave client years back. Though I don't remember Habbo taking days to fix it. Probably because Jamelia was visiting the next day, Habbs must do their best to impress celeb guests you know ;]

The old 'bug' was completely different than the current, lol.

Jordan
07-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Yes, because Moderator's can activate Maintenance...

Alright.. alright calm it. I never said Moderators should close the hotel?

bobbyy
07-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Alright.. alright calm it. I never said Moderators should close the hotel?

I am calm, I'm being sarcastic though if that's what you're asking me to stop? You're basically referring to the Moderation team, placing the blame on them that the hotel is still up. You've also obviously reported something when they blatantly know about it and can't do anything to stop it.

Nemo
07-09-2010, 08:21 PM
I dont get why people are being mad about them not closing the hotel? Just dont log on?

Calvin
07-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Even noobs are doing it with the message "YOU'RE ALL DEAD!!!!" now, oh dear. I suggest you put everyone you don't know on ignore. :)

Mikey
07-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Even noobs are doing it with the message "YOU'RE ALL DEAD!!!!" now, oh dear. I suggest you put everyone you don't know on ignore. :)

LMFAO IKR

Edit: Just got d/ced while writing this post. NOBHEADS ;L

immense
07-09-2010, 08:55 PM
oh joy, i remember at the time this was rly annoying LOL :l

Shockwave.2CC
07-09-2010, 08:56 PM
This is so annoying everytime i go into the Help Desk I get disconnected, so thats why ive made a Habbo safe zone :)

bobbyy
07-09-2010, 08:58 PM

Or just don't go on habbo amirite?

Nixt
07-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Literally why haven't Habbo addressed this yet? They're mad ;l

Yupt
07-09-2010, 09:43 PM
all they need to do is disable users from makes more than 5 links in a thing, how hard can it be?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!