PDA

View Full Version : BlackBerry Messenger Problem

Starburst..x
09-09-2010, 09:35 PM
Okay I recieved my BlackBerry today, and I'm a complete newbie to them.
I love the phone but I just cant get the bbm to work? I've added people and all it says is pending, and when they add me all they can see is pending and yet no invite is sent?

Any help I'll be very thankful for :)

Thread moved by dinasaw (Forum Super Moderator) From 'Technology Discussion'

HotelUser
09-09-2010, 09:46 PM
A lot has probably changed since I owned a Blackberry back in the day, but I had to wait a day before I could use anything that would have used data on it. I'm not sure if this was because of my carrier or because it's procedure for all Blackberry users, however.

You should also try adding contacts by PIN as opposed to email address as supposedly it's supposed to work faster if you do--although that seems to be hearsay.

Alkaz
09-09-2010, 09:58 PM
I have the same problem and I have no idea why. I have a better plan that a lot of my friends with Blackberrys yet theirs seems to work fine. I've had my contract for 17 months and my BBM hasn't worked at all despite my getting a new phone a while ago as it couldn't be fixed. I was sure that it would resolve the problem but one of my friends who is a BB geek couldn't work it out either when he tried to add or accept pending contacts.

I would say go to your contract provider and ask them to sort it out for you. I've found no other way to get mine fixed by asking people on the internet but I'm not that bothered about it anyway.

Casio
09-09-2010, 10:16 PM
This is the real reason, when you get a new blackberry your simcard isn't automatically registered with RIM so you need to leave it for 24hrs then you will receive a text saying that it is registered then you can use it as you wish.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!