PDA

View Full Version : Spotify Premium

AgnesIO
10-09-2010, 07:18 AM
Hi,

I am looking to buy spotify premium later so I can use it on my mobile.

I know you can get offline mode, but how well does the music stream on an internet (mobile) connection?. How strong would my connectiong need to be etc.

Cheers
+rep

Recursion
10-09-2010, 04:37 PM
It works pretty well over HSDPA and takes a couple of seconds to start the stream, it's usable on 3G and takes about 10 seconds to start the stream, but on GPRS/2G Spotify won't let you stream music.

I actually really like the Android app and IMO it's well worth paying for if you're looking to go legal.

AgnesIO
10-09-2010, 08:05 PM
It works pretty well over HSDPA and takes a couple of seconds to start the stream, it's usable on 3G and takes about 10 seconds to start the stream, but on GPRS/2G Spotify won't let you stream music.

I actually really like the Android app and IMO it's well worth paying for if you're looking to go legal.

Yeh I am looking at being legal.

Hmm might buy it for a month and see if I like :)

+Rep

Johno
10-09-2010, 08:10 PM
I used it for a month, was pretty brilliant :) It syncs/stores songs locally on the phone, well, at least it did on my iPhone (not sure if it's different on other phones) so it can be used even if you don't have a mobile connection.

You have to tell it to do this obviously but it makes it a pretty great service :)

Recursion
10-09-2010, 08:13 PM
I used it for a month, was pretty brilliant :) It syncs/stores songs locally on the phone, well, at least it did on my iPhone (not sure if it's different on other phones) so it can be used even if you don't have a mobile connection.

You have to tell it to do this obviously but it makes it a pretty great service :)

Works exactly the same accross all mobile platforms you can get Spotify on I think.

You also get 320kbp/s songs on Spotify on your PC with premium and say you set a playlist to offline on your phone and update it on your PC it'll automatically sync it to your phone for offline use and vice-versa :)

AgnesIO
10-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Works exactly the same accross all mobile platforms you can get Spotify on I think.

You also get 320kbp/s songs on Spotify on your PC with premium and say you set a playlist to offline on your phone and update it on your PC it'll automatically sync it to your phone for offline use and vice-versa :)

Ooh this does sound brilliant. Definitely looking in to this. Thanks :)

Johno
10-09-2010, 08:21 PM

I wasn't entirely sure if it was the same with other platforms since I haven't used any other platforms.

I have to say, the Spotify Premium service is pretty brilliant for the £9.99 a month especially since you get the higher bit-rate songs among other things :)

AgnesIO
11-09-2010, 11:35 AM

Going back to this, once the stream starts on HSDPA/3G, what's the chance of the steam stopping half way through.

BTW only just realised the "H" on android stood for HSDPA haha. I always hoped to get the 3G logo (I virrtually always get HSDPA just didn't realise :L

Recursion
11-09-2010, 01:37 PM
xD! It'll only stop if you move out of HSDPA or 3G coverage and it's still trying to download. Once the whole song is downloaded it's cached to your phone so if you move out of coverage it'll still play.

Janet Snakehole
12-09-2010, 01:14 PM
i've got spotify premium, definitely would not be without it these days! in all honesty mine works really well and i'm with 3 hahaha, just make sure you've got a good deal on internet bandwidth on your phone to use if you don't use the offline mode!

AgnesIO
13-09-2010, 07:36 AM
i've got spotify premium, definitely would not be without it these days! in all honesty mine works really well and i'm with 3 hahaha, just make sure you've got a good deal on internet bandwidth on your phone to use if you don't use the offline mode!

T-Mobiles unlimited internet.

So I have 1GB, then they just give me slower internet (no extra costs)

AgnesIO
13-09-2010, 11:24 AM
Is there a way to get a short trial?

Wouldn't mind trying it before I spend/possibly waste the tenner.

Recursion
13-09-2010, 03:12 PM
I don't think there is unfortunatly :(

(Also, Android phones on T-Mobile get Web'n'Walk plus which is 3GB data usage IIRC)

AgnesIO
13-09-2010, 03:59 PM
I don't think there is unfortunatly :(

(Also, Android phones on T-Mobile get Web'n'Walk plus which is 3GB data usage IIRC)

Ohh really? What would happen if I went over the 3gb - does it still go to the slower internet, or does it cost more?

Mind you, I have never used 1gb soo :p

Recursion
13-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Just slows down :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!