PDA

View Full Version : Google Chrome Update

Niall!
08-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Hey,

Today I started up google chrome, and I realized the bar with my favourite on it (just below the URL bar) is now grey. This wouldn't bug me so much, but now a little globe icon has appeared beside every URL.

When I click on it, it gives me security information, like "The Identity of this Website cannot be verified"

Why is it doing this?

Threads merged by Recursion (Forum Moderator): Both on the same topic within a short space of time.

Yupt
08-09-2010, 01:47 PM
My bar went blue recently, but now it's gone back to it's original colour :S

emotional
08-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Your Chrome has updated to version 6 -- I have it too.

http://uploadir.com/u/f626daf0

jackass
08-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Mine has been like it for a while. I think it looks nice!

bobbyy
08-09-2010, 04:11 PM
I've had it since forever lol.

kk.
08-09-2010, 04:31 PM
chrome auto updates without you realising :P

HotelUser
08-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Oh really? It's grey in Windows now? --huh. It's been like that on the OS X version since it came out.

For those who prefer the blue themed Chrome, click here (https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B8ooZsShq2XyOWE2OTdlNWQtOTRmMi00NWE0LTg3ZDE tYzEzNDc1MjRiMmJk&export=download&hl=en) to install the original theme.

Super0095
10-09-2010, 03:23 PM
Has Anyone Seen The New Update For Google Chrome? The Star Is Now On The Right And The Buttons Dont Have A Square Round Them So Their Hard To Find. And Instead Of A Nice Blue Look They Changed It To A Dull Grey!

BTW IE9 Is Coming Out In 5 Days :D

xxMATTGxx
10-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Has Anyone Seen The New Update For Google Chrome? The Star Is Now On The Right And The Buttons Dont Have A Square Round Them So Their Hard To Find. And Instead Of A Nice Blue Look They Changed It To A Dull Grey!

I wouldn't call it changes that would put me off from using Chrome ever again. It's not been blue for me for a while although I believe if you wish to have it blue then you can easily download the theme for it!

I believe you can get the original blue from here: https://tools.google.com/chrome/intl/en/themes/google.html

:DBeth:D
10-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Mine haven't been updated star is still on the left and there's a square around the buttons :D Anyway, Like Matt said I would still use it even if it was changed :D

Ajthedragon
10-09-2010, 04:29 PM
Doesn't really make a difference. Although its easier to zoom back to normal for me as my laptop has mad zooming moments. :P

xxMATTGxx
10-09-2010, 04:30 PM

Oh forgot to add on, IE9 in 5 days is not the final version. It's the start of the Public Beta, just like Firefox 4.0 is still in Beta with 'Beta 5'

HotelUser
10-09-2010, 07:21 PM
There was a thread discussing this earlier. it's always been that dull grey on OS X unfortunately. I am quite a fan of the new buttons though :)

iRaaave.
10-09-2010, 07:29 PM
Yeah I wondered why my chrome looked different :L

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!