PDA

View Full Version : Do you like living in the UK? Would you consider moving?

Mathew
10-09-2010, 09:10 PM
Obviously only applies to those in the UK.

Do you enjoy living in the UK? and.. Would you consider moving to another country when you're older?

AlexOC
10-09-2010, 09:14 PM
I think when you look past the little things people moan about, the crap weather, some horrible places etc. It's a really good place to live.

We are quite lucky i reckon;

NHS: Yeah yeah its not the best, but compared to some other countrys healthcare its outstanding
Education: Once again people will moan schools are crap, but they get the job done
Transport: Pretty decent transport systems

etc.

I've always thought to myself how lucky i am not to be born in one of these 3rd world places where you can't even get fresh water, or somewhere volatile where people are getting murdered and raped daily.

None the less, i'd still like to retire and **** off to spain or greece.

Thom96
10-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Well i would like to move to another country but tbh this country is good , As AlexOC said , Free and good nhs , free school education and good public transport so yep im quite happy living in the UK

Moh
10-09-2010, 09:25 PM
I'm quite happy to live in the UK. But if I did ever move country I would move to Canada.

Minstrels
10-09-2010, 09:25 PM
nyc needs me

alexxxxx
10-09-2010, 09:26 PM
yeah it's good. a lot of moaners with lots of there's a big 'grass is greener on the other side'

Deak
10-09-2010, 09:29 PM
Yeh i dont mind living in the UK but i think when im older and I've retired (if im still active) then i'd like to move somewhere nice and warm to relax and live life to the full.

dbgtz
10-09-2010, 09:31 PM
I think the UK is one of the best countries to live in tbh, were not a huge target for terrorism compared to some other countries, got the NHS and other crap although the government sucks as we waste alot of money imo
good country though :D

Thom96
10-09-2010, 09:31 PM
nyc needs me

OMG same here , im SOOOOO in love with NYC !! :D (Sex And The City)

Mathew
10-09-2010, 09:38 PM
I think when you look past the little things people moan about, the crap weather, some horrible places etc. It's a really good place to live.

We are quite lucky i reckon;

NHS: Yeah yeah its not the best, but compared to some other countrys healthcare its outstanding
Education: Once again people will moan schools are crap, but they get the job done
Transport: Pretty decent transport systems

etc.

I've always thought to myself how lucky i am not to be born in one of these 3rd world places where you can't even get fresh water, or somewhere volatile where people are getting murdered and raped daily.

None the less, i'd still like to retire and **** off to spain or greece.
Good point - the UK is a really good country compared to some!

Well i would like to move to another country but tbh this country is good , As AlexOC said , Free and good nhs , free school education and good public transport so yep im quite happy living in the UK
Free.. Pah! Far from!

My personal problem is that I can't help but think what the United Kingdom once was. At one point, it was arguably the most important, respected and richest country in the world but right now I do think it's somewhat worse.

Since starting 6th form last week, I've been taking the bus each day to get there and I just get the feeling this country is full of ignorant, selfish and downright disgusting people. Last Monday a man felt the need to push past everyone while bellowing that "everyone needs to get out of his way" - not to mention the greasy, jobsworth beast dishing out bus passes.

What has happened to the stiff-upper-lip sterotypes that the United Kingdom once had? :(

Oh.. and while on my personal opinion.. I'm hoping to move whenever the right opportunity comes around :)

danzooo
11-09-2010, 12:56 AM
I enjoy living here. I'd love to live in California though

GommeInc
11-09-2010, 01:02 AM
I quite like the UK, it's a pretty damn good country in general. The main problems are probably with the over-exaggerated news revolving around it and a some lack of common sense and control within the Government. We're lucky to have the NHS, a good police force, and other services, especially when you consider the size of the country. I cannot think of anywhere else I'd rather go if there was a problem with the country.

Recursion
11-09-2010, 07:15 AM
I'd like to move to New Zealand, like England but without all the bad bits.

Jordan
11-09-2010, 07:55 AM
I wouldn't want to move, no. There's nothing wrong with the UK, Cornwall is the best though...

Sharon
11-09-2010, 10:53 AM
Rather be in Hong Kong with personal choice (hi5 Grig)

Just cheaper to live And Funner places ie. Disney Land

AgnesIO
11-09-2010, 11:41 AM
I always prefered living in Spain, and will probably move back when I am old enough to.

scott
11-09-2010, 11:51 AM
I wouldn't want to leave the UK I think I would like to move out from Glasgow and go somewhere else though, really no idea were yet :p

AlexOC
11-09-2010, 12:02 PM
I wouldn't want to leave the UK I think I would like to move out from Glasgow and go somewhere else though, really no idea were yet :p

Who wouldn't.

kuzkasate
11-09-2010, 03:08 PM
I dont mind at the moment, but I dont wanna live here forever!
I wanna go back to my home country, I love it so much, its like my second mother!

Rixion
11-09-2010, 03:13 PM
Well it's always an option, I think eventually for me living here will get very tedious and I would like to venture and live elsewhere.

,elaboratedolls
11-09-2010, 03:22 PM
I suppose it's ok... a bit boring though in Summer :/ I'd stay in England, but if I had to move abroad, I'd move to Japan or Canada:)

1cred
11-09-2010, 04:28 PM
well,when im 18,im moving to america anyway :) i like england but,like,i'd much rather be in america. :p

Nemo
11-09-2010, 04:47 PM
I do love the UK and everything, but i would probably like to move. Theres so many things still wrong with this country, but im not entirely sure which country i'd like to go to. Considering ive only been to france, spain and wales, i dont really have a very broad idea of actually living in other places in the world, so of course id have to visit them

-:Undertaker:-
11-09-2010, 05:20 PM
I love this country and will do while it still exists as a country. I love the landscape of this country and our architecture (not as of recent though). I believe our history is our best asset in which we have wonderful buildings and ancient rights and freedoms (although sadly are now being eroded) that many other nations have never experienced while many other nations have adopted them - the United States being the prime example.

I do hate the self-serving politicians who rule our country both from Westminister (who win elections based on despair and nothing else) and Brussels (who are of course unelected). I hate the extent of greed that companies now seem to go to in which you are charged for virutally everything - being mean for a few pence peace (this can also be applied to government of course).

RedStratocas
11-09-2010, 05:58 PM
i wanna try living in the uk when im older, at least for a while and if i get the opportunity.

Niall!
11-09-2010, 06:04 PM
I'd only consider moving to Sweden, only because you can get super fast internet there and they don't give a **** about piracy

Inseriousity.
11-09-2010, 06:10 PM
I like living here. There's bad things about every country but I know I can handle the bad things here cos I've been doing it my whole life! I always hate going abroad and being told not to 'drink the water.' Y'know, the small things like that make me think 'wow maybe it's not so bad at home, after all.'

I would consider moving depending on the reason. There'd have to be a very good reason to completely adapt to a new life before I would do it.

Yupt
11-09-2010, 06:23 PM
It's a good country, it's just shame about the people who live in it.

Dan2nd
11-09-2010, 06:48 PM
I love my country and am proud of being British I have even had a Union Jack put on the roof of my car to show my patriotism so in answer to your question no I would never move. Everytime I hear someone moaning about it I always want to make a 'Hugh Grant' like speech from Love Actually

We may be a small country, but we're a great one, too. The country of Shakespeare, Churchill, the Beatles, Sean Connery, Harry Potter. David Beckham's right foot. David Beckham's left foot, come to that.

Although the above quote does list some silly things, to me it comes with a hidden meaning we are all so busy watching the news and pointing out what is wrong with our country like the Government or anti social behavior but we never seem to take the time to remember what makes it great whether it be modern day things like Harry Potter or our grand history that spans back centuries.

Caution
11-09-2010, 07:25 PM
What the hell..|-)
I love my country and am proud of being British I have even had a Union Jack put on the roof of my car to show my patriotism so in answer to your question no I would never move. Everytime I hear someone moaning about it I always want to make a 'Hugh Grant' like speech from Love Actually

Although the above quote does list some silly things, to me it comes with a hidden meaning we are all so busy watching the news and pointing out what is wrong with our country like the Government or anti social behavior but we never seem to take the time to remember what makes it great whether it be modern day things like Harry Potter or our grand history that spans back centuries.

Special
11-09-2010, 08:28 PM
no, i hate the weather, government, the people and the law

i'd go anywhere else other than the UK, preferably somewhere hot like america or australlia

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!