PDA

View Full Version : half life 2

ecstasy
10-09-2010, 09:49 PM
yeah i know its old but i've recently started playing it (orange box) and i dont get it
who am i and why is everyone trying to kill me?

Fez
11-09-2010, 12:39 AM

You're Gordon Freeman
In Half-Life 1 you opened up a portal that led to an alien world called Xen
An alien race called the combine found Earth via homing in on the portal
They took over earth and installed Breen as a puppet overlord
A mysterious figure from the first game froze you in time to be awakened into the new world
Go kick some booty.

Axel
11-09-2010, 12:44 AM
Don't ..... the poor man Fez, I was just as confused when I bought the Orange Box just a few months ago.

Basically that guy in the opening cutscene, G-man, unfroze you after you had been frozen for about 20 years. The combine chase after you at the start cos they're raiding a resistance flat when they find you, so think you're part of the resistance. Then when you meet Alyx and go to Dr Kleiner's lab, you CONVENIENTLY get teleported into Dr Breen's lab, and so he's aware that you're back and sends combine to capture you. I'm going off what I understood from the story, and I've only played Half Life 2, it's much easier to understad though if you've played the original Half Life.

Fez
11-09-2010, 12:47 AM
Don't ..... the poor man Fez, I was just as confused when I bought the Orange Box just a few months ago.

I just don't know anyone who hasn't dabbled in the original Half-Life.

peteyt
11-09-2010, 01:15 AM
i just wish we had an episode 3 soon :(

ecstasy
11-09-2010, 10:45 AM

Basically that guy in the opening cutscene, G-man, unfroze you after you had been frozen for about 20 years. The combine chase after you at the start cos they're raiding a resistance flat when they find you, so think you're part of the resistance. Then when you meet Alyx and go to Dr Kleiner's lab, you CONVENIENTLY get teleported into Dr Breen's lab, and so he's aware that you're back and sends combine to capture you. I'm going off what I understood from the story, and I've only played Half Life 2, it's much easier to understad though if you've played the original Half Life.
Who is G-Man (character wise, i remember what he looks like) and why does Breen want to capture me?

crazed
11-09-2010, 01:23 PM
Who is G-Man (character wise, i remember what he looks like) and why does Breen want to capture me?

He just keeps popping up, no one knows who he is. I can't remember why he wants to capture you.

Axel
11-09-2010, 01:25 PM
Breen probablys want to capture you because he sees you as a threat due to what had happened in the events of Half Life, in the Black Mesa Incident. And the G-Man in Half Life gives you two offers when you're sent to Xen, either that you work for him and he'll save you or you don't work for him and he'll leave you to die on Xen. So you choose to work for him, he freezes you for 20 years then takes you out and bam, Half Life 2.

ecstasy
11-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Breen probablys want to capture you because he sees you as a threat due to what had happened in the events of Half Life, in the Black Mesa Incident. And the G-Man in Half Life gives you two offers when you're sent to Xen, either that you work for him and he'll save you or you don't work for him and he'll leave you to die on Xen. So you choose to work for him, he freezes you for 20 years then takes you out and bam, Half Life 2.

I see. Cheers :)

Stephen
14-09-2010, 06:33 PM
tbh i couldn't play hl2 if i didn't know what hl1 was about :S That's like playing the last lord of the rings without knowing what lord of the rings is about

ecstasy
15-09-2010, 03:50 PM
yeah, most of the time idk whos who or whats going on and im not really bothered what happens. i only bought the orange box to play portal so im not too bothered

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!