PDA

View Full Version : Halo Reach

Lost_Addict
13-09-2010, 08:23 AM
Just a thread to discuss the game,;)

So i've preordered my copy and should be getting it tommoz, but i hear lots of stores are open for a midnight release ;)

Have any of you preordered or are you waiting for a bit?

[Chris]
13-09-2010, 02:41 PM
Im going midnight release for my Legendary edition :D

rnix
13-09-2010, 02:46 PM
I will get it when i can be bothered. not in any rush :)

Neversoft
13-09-2010, 03:01 PM
My friend somehow got his copy delivered two days ago.

Nalfar
13-09-2010, 03:09 PM
I know 2 people who got theirs on Saturday through ordering from somewhere, ShopTo I think.

Anyway, I'll pick it up on Wednesday if I can be bothered, I'm not that fussed.

PaulMacC
13-09-2010, 10:41 PM
I ordered my copy on Saturday from ShopTo and it came today. Played around 2-3 hours on the Team Slayer playlist. Really good fun. Enjoying it a lot, hopefully will hold me over until Black Ops. Never really been a big fan of Halo but it is pretty awesome. I havent touched the campaign, going to wait for a few friends to get it and then do it.

[Chris]
14-09-2010, 12:51 AM
Hi guys.

AMGZ FLAMING RECONZ
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/5379/reach24051full.jpg

Alba
14-09-2010, 05:18 AM
Flaming recon looks terrible.

I'll be going upto town at 9am to purchase this badboy.

redtom
14-09-2010, 12:37 PM
I got mine today, play the camp and forge at little bit, So far I've found it harder than halo 3 (I'm "trying" Legendary on Solo) Also Forge World is a bit of a let down, you can't actaully use over half of the island.

marine
14-09-2010, 12:49 PM
;6737337']Hi guys.

AMGZ FLAMING RECONZ
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/5379/reach24051full.jpgThat's sweet, hopefully it's not too hard to get.

Pyroka
14-09-2010, 01:12 PM
I actually love Halo multiplayer, only cuz I'm awesome at it lol shouldve seen me in H3 BETA xD but ye ughhhh i want an xbox just for this, selling my ps3 to get this when i can :(

samsaBEAR
14-09-2010, 09:44 PM
That's sweet, hopefully it's not too hard to get.
You can only get it through pre-ordering/buying the Collectors Edition, or something like that. You can't just buy it/unlock it.
My friend's pre-order from Game (pre-ordered last week) didn't come through, so we got in from work at half 7, then went straight back up to Sainsburys to get another copy, we were that pumped. We've done some of the Firefight achievements using the 'cheat' that IGN found, and we've done the first two missions of campaign, and it's just pure epic. It looks and sounds amazing. Those ******* Elites are a ***** to kill though. Won't touch multiplayer till I get my copy, which'll be whenever the pre-order decides to get here

Phil
14-09-2010, 10:22 PM
Is it worth buying? How similar is it to the last one?

samsaBEAR
14-09-2010, 10:53 PM
Also, if we're gonna be discussing campaign and stuff, can we all promise to use spoilers. Like I wanna talk it about it here, but I don't want the story to be spoiled for me.

[Chris]
15-09-2010, 12:44 AM
Its Great. Says it all.

The FLAMES Are unbuyable and can only be obtained from the Legendary edition (That picture is me btw)

And the recons a preorder bonus?

Nalfar
15-09-2010, 08:34 AM
hi just came, better be good.

Chris
15-09-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm still undecided on buying it or not. The beta was ok but I got bored of the armour lock spamming.

Hmm not sure.

[Chris]
15-09-2010, 05:40 PM
What the **** is with the ending...

Nuct
15-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Received my copy on Saturday and finished the campaign within 3 hours (normal difficulty), and I enjoyed the campaign a lot. The new Forge is pretty good too, however it can take a little while to get used to the newer controls.

The only thing that disappoints me though is the fact that there is no Legendary ending :(

[Chris]
15-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Received my copy on Saturday and finished the campaign within 3 hours (normal difficulty), and I enjoyed the campaign a lot. The new Forge is pretty good too, however it can take a little while to get used to the newer controls.

The only thing that disappoints me though is the fact that there is no Legendary ending :(

They are putting one in

After completion - Theres another mission, OR dont skip the credits to get it..

Also - About Six (dont read if not completed)

The 'package' is cortana, Cortana chose Cheif. BUT at the end of the LAST mission, dr ______ goes on about you finding the halos and that. Which cheif did?

YOU = Cheif?

Also, Cortana CHOSE Someone from Noble team, Which is said to be Six (In the mission)
BUT
Dr Halsley says "Six has made entire militia groups disappear. Curious... hyper lethal... there's only one other Spartan with that rating."
??????????????????

Also, Six is a spartan 3, Cheif is a spartan 2

Somethings.. Weird

redtom
16-09-2010, 02:34 PM
I'm finding elites **** hard in the camp! :(

Fez
16-09-2010, 04:56 PM
;6739770']They are putting one in

After completion - Theres another mission, OR dont skip the credits to get it..

Also - About Six (dont read if not completed)

The 'package' is cortana, Cortana chose Cheif. BUT at the end of the LAST mission, dr ______ goes on about you finding the halos and that. Which cheif did?

YOU = Cheif?

Also, Cortana CHOSE Someone from Noble team, Which is said to be Six (In the mission)
BUT
Dr Halsley says "Six has made entire militia groups disappear. Curious... hyper lethal... there's only one other Spartan with that rating."
??????????????????

Also, Six is a spartan 3, Cheif is a spartan 2

Somethings.. Weird

Package wasn't just Cortana, it was information on the Halos. You see Master Chief during the Pillar of Autumn POV shot.

[Chris]
16-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Package wasn't just Cortana, it was information on the Halos. You see Master Chief during the Pillar of Autumn POV shot.

Yeah, i kinda realised that. I read more AFTER i posted that. The AI is PART of cortana.

samsaBEAR
19-09-2010, 10:36 PM
I didn't see Cheif at all in that mission, where do I have to look out for him?

I've completed the campaign, and eh, I'm not sure what to think. It was a solid Halo campaign, but I thought it was too short, and didn't really show Reach's plight. You very rarely got to see civilians (in what's supposed to be a very populated planet) and I didn't ever feel overwhelmed by the Covenant. Having said that, I did think they were far more vicious than they've been in previous games.
I think the campaign should have been two or three missions longer, just too 'flesh' things out a bit. Other than that, I love it.

redtom
20-09-2010, 07:06 AM
I didn't see Cheif at all in that mission, where do I have to look out for him?

Final Mission Spoiler...
During the cut scene from inside the pelican, pan your camera to the right and you'll see him having a nice little nap :)

GoldenMerc
21-09-2010, 08:11 AM
Im buying halo reach in about a hours time :)

Alba
25-09-2010, 01:43 AM
Anyone else find It terribly easy on Solo Legendary? I thought Halo campaigns were supposed to be challenging. Story was really thin aswell.

Multiplayer Is solid though, although the gametypes need to be spaced out.

samsaBEAR
25-09-2010, 08:31 AM
Anyone else find It terribly easy on Solo Legendary? I thought Halo campaigns were supposed to be challenging. Story was really thin aswell.

If I get killed by one more invisible ******* elite with that stupid focus rifle I'm going to rage so hard. Good god they are annoying.
http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=28836 They're adding a few more play lists, if that's what you mean by spacing out the game types.

tdog360
25-09-2010, 10:14 PM
I picked up my copy yesterday. Pretty fun game :D

Lost_Addict
26-09-2010, 03:50 PM

To be honest i don't know what you mean. Reach's campaign was harder then ODST and Halo 3 and had the best story line out of the 3. (i'm only comparing to the xbox 360 games as it's a bit hard to have a comparison with older games and the dynamics and engines were diffrent.) But overall i think this is the best halo if not best game expirience avalible on the 360. Whilst doing solo legendary i almost went insane at some points but got through it in the end. The storyline is one of only few that made me feel for the characters. and forge and theartre are the best of their kind around. I love the idea of the armoury and daily challenges as it keeps you intrested to the online campaign. This is one of only a few games i would give 10/10 to ;)

Chaos-Sniper
21-10-2010, 09:04 PM
I've been playing since realize and I'm so close to that Lt. Colonel. :P

On a campaign note, I loved the story. I felt really close to some characters while I hated others. I really felt as if I was Noble-6, just as Bungie intended.

samsaBEAR
30-10-2010, 10:32 AM
To be honest i don't know what you mean. Reach's campaign was harder then ODST and Halo 3 and had the best story line out of the 3. (i'm only comparing to the xbox 360 games as it's a bit hard to have a comparison with older games and the dynamics and engines were diffrent.) But overall i think this is the best halo if not best game expirience avalible on the 360. Whilst doing solo legendary i almost went insane at some points but got through it in the end. The storyline is one of only few that made me feel for the characters. and forge and theartre are the best of their kind around. I love the idea of the armoury and daily challenges as it keeps you intrested to the online campaign. This is one of only a few games i would give 10/10 to ;)
Agreed sort of. I didn't really feel for any characters other than the big guy, Gorge? Or something like that, when he died me and my friend were full on ;_;. I don't think Reach is harder than the others though, yeah those invisible ***** with the focus rifle make me want to kill a baby, I think Halo 3 was far more difficult.

Hiro
04-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Played the game for a week. Realised it was exactly the same as Halo 3, but worse. Sold game.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!