PDA

View Full Version : Brand new HTC Sense and HTC Desire Z and Desire HD to be released

Dean
15-09-2010, 01:21 PM
Of course today is the HTC Meetup in London (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=112503548806825) and HTC have announced that they will launch 2 new phones and a brand new HTC Sense!

http://idisk.me.com/dean.majiet/Public/Pictures/Screenies/HTC_%28htc%29_on_Twitter-20100915-141618.png

http://idisk.me.com/dean.majiet/Public/Pictures/Screenies/Ow.ly_-_image_uploaded_by_%40htc_%28HTC%29-20100915-141725.png

You can see the 2 brand new phones, including the Desire HD which features a 4.3 inch screen and the Desire Z which has a physical QWERTY keyboard featuring the new "sense experience" right here... http://www.androidmobile.co.nz/recent-news-list/item/165-meet-the-htc-desire-hd-desire-z-new-htc-sense

AND of course, you can follow HTC through out the day on Twitter and fellow press to see any other news that should be occurring later on!

https://twitter.com/#search?q=%23HTCLON
https://twitter.com/htc

EDIT: See a full featured article of the Desire HD from engadget here... http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/15/htc-desire-hd-first-hands-on/

the Desire Z here... http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/15/htc-desire-z-is-the-qwerty-slider-your-androids-been-waiting-fo?icid=sphere_blogsmith_inpage_engadget

and of course the brand new HTCSense.com here... http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/15/htcsense-com-will-backup-and-remotely-locate-wipe-htc-devices/

Thread moved by dinasaw (Forum Super Moderator) From 'Technology Discussion'

xxMATTGxx
15-09-2010, 03:14 PM
The two new devices look quite hot to be honest and it's nice for the so called "EVO" to come out over to us EU folks, my friend will be very pleased at that and will be wanting one ASAP. Their new HTCSense service looks quite interesting as well.

HotelUser
15-09-2010, 10:45 PM
The HTC Desire HD seems to have put the Desire and N1 to shame :P

Dean
16-09-2010, 11:19 AM
The HTC Desire HD seems to have put the Desire and N1 to shame :P

Gutted to those who had recently bought the HTC Desire! The Desire HD comes out next month too.

HotelUser
16-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Gutted to those who had recently bought the HTC Desire! The Desire HD comes out next month too.

The Desire is still a very good smartphone, and save for the HD it's still one of the best smartphones out on the market. Google has made the Nexus One the official developer phone so the Desire sort of gets sistered into that. Having said that though the HD blows the Desire and N1 out of the water and I think I've found what I'll be spending my Christmas and Birthday money on this December :P

Recursion
16-09-2010, 04:03 PM
I'd like the Desire HD... if it had an AMOLED screen (even they are being replaced by the lower end SLCD in newer Desires), as far as I'm concerned, THEY NEED TO KEEP AMOLED :@

Don't like the Desire Z though.

Top > Bottom: Desire, Desire Z, Desire HD, you can see the difference :(
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/09/htcd10re091580046.jpg

GommeInc
16-09-2010, 04:13 PM
The Android market needs more phones with physical QWERTY keyboards. Someone a while ago asked for one, and the only real option was the X10 Mini Pro :)

xxMATTGxx
16-09-2010, 04:44 PM
I'd like the Desire HD... if it had an AMOLED screen (even they are being replaced by the lower end SLCD in newer Desires), as far as I'm concerned, THEY NEED TO KEEP AMOLED :@

Don't like the Desire Z though.

Top > Bottom: Desire, Desire Z, Desire HD, you can see the difference :(

HTC would love to keep the screens AMOLED but they can't. Why? Because there is a shortage of them and they aren't being made quick enough!!!

marriott0.01
16-09-2010, 05:19 PM
I like the HTC Desire Z but the Desire HD is just a European Evo without the 4G Capability so there's no real innovation there. I think HTC really failed at trying to outdo Nokia this year. I think Nokia's devices might not of been great with the C-Series but the E7 surely trumps the HTC Devices on show, and the Nokia N8 evidently also trumps them!

xxMATTGxx
16-09-2010, 05:22 PM
I like the HTC Desire Z but the Desire HD is just a European Evo without the 4G Capability so there's no real innovation there. I think HTC really failed at trying to outdo Nokia this year. I think Nokia's devices might not of been great with the C-Series but the E7 surely trumps the HTC Devices on show, and the Nokia N8 evidently also trumps them!

Nokia are old school and need to learn new tricks, actually they should start using the Android OS on their devices. It might help them out a lot more in regards of sales these days, a lot of people are getting into iPhones, Android Phones and other phones and soon to be WP7. We don't have the Evo in the rest of the world and their is reasons for that and yes you can call it the Desire HD the 'International version' of it if you want, no one is going to complain because that is what people wanted. People over in the EU wanted the Evo 4G and now they have a model of it! Just without the 4G as there is no point at this moment in time.

Nokia N8 is nothing special and needs a new OS, end of. Especially at the price tag of it and you can get a far better phone with your money.

marriott0.01
16-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Nokia are old school and need to learn new tricks, actually they should start using the Android OS on their devices. It might help them out a lot more in regards of sales these days, a lot of people are getting into iPhones, Android Phones and other phones and soon to be WP7. We don't have the Evo in the rest of the world and their is reasons for that and yes you can call the Desire HD the International version of it if you want, no one is going to complain because that is what people wanted. People over in the EU wanted the Evo 4G and now they have a model of it! Just without the 4G as there is no point at this moment in time.

Nokia N8 is nothing special and needs a new OS, end of. Especially at the price tag of it and you can get a far better phone with your money.

I know what you're saying about Nokia, and Symbian ^3 in my opinion is a lot better than Symbian has been recently. Does it trump Android or WP7, no? Can it match it? Probably not. But that's where Nokia differs from other manufacturers of smartphones they care more about Hardware than software. Okay I get that Nokia has had some recent failures but now it's finally looking on the up for Nokia and the Nokia N8 is great for people who like camera phones, it has the largest 12megapixel camera sensor on any phone, and in my opinion the Nokia N8 is modestly priced. The iPhone has crapper specs than the Nokia N8 and is priced at £500+ whereas Sim Free the Nokia N8 is only £429, which in my opinion is rather modestly priced for a phone of its standards. The future of Nokia presumably isn't Symbian ^3 as they are shifting their focus of their fully fledged smartphones onto MeeGo, which actually looks impressive and could trump Android since Tablets have already decided on MeeGo rather than Android.

Okay I admit that people wanted a european version of the Evo, and I never disputed that, I was just saying that it's nothing revolutionary and nothing unexpected so it wasn't a real big announcement to be honest.

xxMATTGxx
16-09-2010, 05:32 PM
I know what you're saying about Nokia, and Symbian ^3 in my opinion is a lot better than Symbian has been recently. Does it trump Android or WP7, no? Can it match it? Probably not. But that's where Nokia differs from other manufacturers of smartphones they care more about Hardware than software. Okay I get that Nokia has had some recent failures but now it's finally looking on the up for Nokia and the Nokia N8 is great for people who like camera phones, it has the largest 12megapixel camera sensor on any phone, and in my opinion the Nokia N8 is modestly priced. The iPhone has crapper specs than the Nokia N8 and is priced at £500+ whereas Sim Free the Nokia N8 is only £429, which in my opinion is rather modestly priced for a phone of its standards. The future of Nokia presumably isn't Symbian ^3 as they are shifting their focus of their fully fledged smartphones onto MeeGo, which actually looks impressive and could trump Android since Tablets have already decided on MeeGo rather than Android.

Okay I admit that people wanted a european version of the Evo, and I never disputed that, I was just saying that it's nothing revolutionary and nothing unexpected so it wasn't a real big announcement to be honest.

Hardware is good but software it isn't, it's the software is what the users are going to be using at the end of the day and that is what needs to be perfect. There also isn't large deal of applications like there is compared to iPhones and Android devices. HTC haven't made a big announcement, which is fair enough but them phones will get sales either way and that's what they are looking for. Can't wait to see when we see these devices have more than 1GHz processors!

Nokia N8 is £429 but I rather go out and get the HTC Desire for the same price really, MeeGO might be on tablets but Google have already said it's all about Android 3.0+ for tablets and 2.0/2.1/2.2 is not tablet friendly.

12megapixel camera is a nice feature but it's not everything, but I guess if people want a phone for a camera then fair enough.

marriott0.01
16-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Hardware is good but software it isn't, it's the software is what the users are going to be using at the end of the day and that is what needs to be perfect. There also isn't large deal of applications like there is compared to iPhones and Android devices. HTC haven't made a big announcement, which is fair enough but them phones will get sales either way and that's what they are looking for. Can't wait to see when we see these devices have more than 1GHz processors!

Nokia N8 is £429 but I rather go out and get the HTC Desire for the same price really, MeeGO might be on tablets but Google have already said it's all about Android 3.0+ for tablets and 2.0/2.1/2.2 is not tablet friendly.

12megapixel camera is a nice feature but it's not everything, but I guess if people want a phone for a camera then fair enough.

A lot of people still care for Hardware excellence, and we're about to start seeing Nokia come away from just concentrating on Hardware since Stephen Elop, the new CEO of Nokia, is a software person. Also in regards to Applications, Nokia phones actually has tons of Applications just they're not all in the Ovi Store, they're scattered around the internet and the Ovi Store was too little too late. The Ovi Store is beginning to get bigger and they are spending lots of money into growing that, it pledged $1million yesterday in order to ensure that developers start developing more engaging Applications for Symbian. And also Symbian is now Open-Source so therefore the software is now going to begin to grow. I'm not going to say that Symbian ^3 is perfect, but for an end-user it's good enough reason to buy a Nokia Phone.

Nokia N8 is modestly priced for the specs it's got, the HTC Desire is a good phone but in comparison to the Nokia N8 I believe you can't go wrong with going for either phone. I would say anyone would be happy with an N8 or a HTC Desire and believe that they would have invested their money well. MeeGo and Android is on tablets, and yes I accept Google says Android 3.0+ will be for tablets but people still see the potential of MeeGo before it's even big and believe it may even be able to trump Android since it's a very promising Mobile OS, as is WP7. And best of all it's extremely easy to customize.

Also, the 12megapixel camera may be a good feature, but it's not Nokia N8's only feature, it has a lot of other great features such as HDMI output, and I've just seen a HabboxForum ad for Nokia which displays some of these other great features.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!