PDA

View Full Version : Beats by Dr Dre - Solo HD vs Studio?

Apple
16-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Hey,

After failing miserably with a pair of £50 Sennheiser in-ear headphones I have decided to up the budget and get some that will last. I also decided that the in-ear type were annoying to have to keep forcing into my ears so the noise cancelation works. It's between the Solo HD and Studio, with the Solo's having a problem were they could snap the Solo HD corrects that as well as other improvements. The Studios are about £270 whereas the Solo HD's are about £170. So a massive price difference, I just need some help deciding if the Studios are worth the extra money. Also does anyone know if the Studios will work without batteries? I know that the batteries are only needed for noise cancelation but I won't always have spare batteries so it would be good if they still worked without them. Thanks!

Here they are:

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/H1157ZM/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0Ng&mco=MTc5NzI0MTY

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/TS232ZM/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0Ng&mco=MTEyNzQ3MzQ

wixard
16-09-2010, 07:37 PM
i heard beats muffle the sound and aint very good
have you looked at reviews?

Apple
16-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Yeh reviews are great other than the Solo's snapping and having too much bass. I heard the Solo HD's are supposed to have better build quality and more crisp/clear sound.

Agnostic Bear
17-09-2010, 01:02 PM
Useless overpriced garbage, get something by Audio-Technica.

Arron
17-09-2010, 05:57 PM
The monster beats give great sound

roastchips
17-09-2010, 09:36 PM
The monster beats give great sound
They may give a great sound but not for the price and certainly there not audiophile quality if you ever try a decent brand sutch as the bear recommended then you will soon be changing your mind.

Useless overpriced garbage, get something by Audio-Technica.

The bear is correct as usual Audio-Technica will completely beat these hands down, also like AKG myself so worth a look at them.

Andys
18-09-2010, 08:02 PM
Are these just for general iPod listening, or for actual studio work/recording?

Apple
18-09-2010, 08:52 PM
Are these just for general iPod listening, or for actual studio work/recording?

Just general use on my iPod while I am on my PC, nothing serious like Studios/recording.

Jahova
19-09-2010, 08:23 AM
Had bad reviews from friends with beats.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!